1,wipe

2,flash this
3,wipe

4,flash this(2 parts)

5,wipe

6,done

hello and thank you,

but please specify these words:

1/ wipe: wipe meaning what exactly? factory reset from within phone or what?

2/ flash: flash how?
do i put the file on the sd card, and reboot phone?
do i need to do anything more? hold buttons etc?
use a tool or anything?

sorry for the questions.
it has been a while since i flashed my last phone G1, back then it was all much simpler.
it seems a bit more complicated with this version Defy+ DFP231

coelho_

Oct 28, 2011
desmond.imageshack.us
hello and thank you,

but please specify these words:

do i put the file on the sd card, and reboot phone?
do i need to do anything more? hold buttons etc?
use a tool or anything?

sorry for the questions.
it has been a while since i flashed my last phone G1, back then it was all much simpler.
it seems a bit more complicated with this version Defy+ DFP231

wipe volume - and power...you are acess at the motorola bootmenue...

and all the flash are an sbf

LeopardSurd

May 31, 2009
Cluj-Napoca
hello and thank you,

1. Shut down the phone>Press the button Volume Down and keep it pressed>Press the buton Power On>A Yelow Triangle with an Android will appear>Pres both Volume buttons>A menu will appears>Navigate up/down with the Volume buttons and Accept with Power buttons> sellect Whipe Data and Factory Reset and then Whipe cache>Select Reboot from menu and press imediately the Volume UP buton>the phone will enter in Bootloader Mode (is ready for flash process)>Connect it to PC

2. The Flashing proces is done on PC with the phone connected. You must install RDS Lite and Motorola USB Drivers (after installing drivers restart the PC.
Run installed RDS Lite as Administrator (if you use Windows Vista or 7). Click on [ … ] Button and select your .SBF file and click Open.
Boot your phone into Bootloader Mode (as I said at point 1.).
Now connect your Defy to your PC (if is not already connected)
The START button on RSD Lite should be available now, click and wait.

Don't disconnect until RDS Lite will show PASS.

Auris 1.6 vvt-i

Oct 5, 2011
Plovdiv
Please stop flooding all threads and reposting every hour or so! It's nobody's fault that you flashed a Defy+ BL7 sbf on your green-lensed Defy. Until yesterday, you weren't even able to root your phone and now you want to be able to downgrade and be able to flash every ROM available... :rolleyes:

Reactions: SuperSkill

macavita

Aug 7, 2009
can't flash miui rom

i flashed the two files and now my defy is rooted , after this i install 2 init and try to flash from recovery rom miui 2.3.30 and it dont let me/
what can i do

vaserbanix

Nov 12, 2010
Bucharest
i flashed the two files and now my defy is rooted , after this i install 2 init and try to flash from recovery rom miui 2.3.30 and it dont let me/
what can i do
not so fast!
be hapy about this root
can use many app's whith this root
I have a Defy with no problem but try to help a friend to downgrade to froyo
and no succes! not yet.
only roms for Defy+ work good, but no camera for green lense like him

MobiDroid™

Sep 2, 2009
Pirate Bay
OK, here are the links to my Dropbox:
link 1
link 2
link 3

hi, the file from link 1 results in bad crc in winrar, and fails to unpack.
i have downloaded it at several different locations, all with steady internet connection.

the firmware files from link 2 and 3 are ok. ( as far as i can tell yet )

does anyone have a working link for the SBF file from the 1st link?

---------- Post added at 03:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 AM ----------

1. Shut down the phone>Press the button Volume Down and keep it pressed>Press the buton Power On>A Yelow Triangle with an Android will appear>Pres both Volume buttons>A menu will appears>Navigate up/down with the Volume buttons and Accept with Power buttons> sellect Whipe Data and Factory Reset and then Whipe cache>Select Reboot from menu and press imediately the Volume UP buton>the phone will enter in Bootloader Mode (is ready for flash process)>Connect it to PC

2. The Flashing proces is done on PC with the phone connected. You must install RDS Lite and Motorola USB Drivers (after installing drivers restart the PC.
Run installed RDS Lite as Administrator (if you use Windows Vista or 7). Click on [ … ] Button and select your .SBF file and click Open.

thanks for your clear explanation!

EDIT :

Ok nevermind, i've got the
DEFYPLUS_U3_4.5.1-134_DFP-231_CN_SIGN_UCADEFYEMARAB1B50AA009.0R_PDS03C_USAJRDNGIBRIRD15_P015_A030_Service1FF

from the original thread-poster 1st post.
the links in it seem to be working now.

so , to get this clear,
it is mandatory to flash with both the service SBF file & with firmware files?

which version android will this flash result in? i have now 2.3.6

after flashing this, will it (if ever needed) be able to return to stock version factory default? or is that out of the question.?

Last edited:
Reactions: shamanths13

LeopardSurd

May 31, 2009
Cluj-Napoca
which version android will this flash result in? i have now 2.3.6

after flashing this, will it (if ever needed) be able to return to stock version factory default? or is that out of the question.?

Every DEFYPLUS_U3_4.5.1-134_DFP-231 sbf file is a GB 2.3.6 (no matter what region). Actually, you use a GB 2.3.6 but with a few different region settings.

You'll be able to return to the default stock rom if flashing the original SBF (You can find it in this forum, it depends of in what country do you live and sometimes what carrier do you use).

MobiDroid™

Sep 2, 2009
Pirate Bay
ok thanks all, i have flashed the phone, it seems to be rooted, tried it with the adblocker app which requires root acces. superuser came up requesting SU, so i guess it's done!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    can i flash it over my DEFY+ bl7 and get it rooted???
    That's the idea of flashing this.

..can i copy the given file from your dropbox to my sd card and flash it from my DEFY+ itself....or i have to use my pc for the flashing??? :confused:
    No, you have to flash it through RSD Lite (5.3.1 I'd suggest).

Here is a how to:

0. Charge fully your battery before starting to flash!
    1. DL DEFYPLUS_U3_4.5.1-134_DFP sbf file.
    2. DL firmware and firmware.z01, put them in the same folder and extract firmware - it will create a firmware folder inside your current folder with another SBF file inside.
    3. DL and install Motorola usb drivers, so your phone gets recognized by the PC in bootloader mode.
    4. Install RSD Lite 5.3.1
    5. Get your phone into BL mode - turn it off, press and hold Vol+ and Pwr button. This is what your screen should look like:
    37164d1306666863-motorola-defy-flashen-bootloader-screen.png

6. Start RSD Lite as Administrator and connct your phone to PC
    7. Press the "..." button in RSD lite and select the DEFYPLUS_U3_4.5.1-134_DFP file. Hit start, sit back and wait.
    8. DO NOT TOUCH, TURN OFF, UNPLUG your phone untill the flash process is complete or you can permanently brick your phone!
    9. Repeat steps 7 and 8, but this time select the second sbf file that was exctracted from the firmware zip's in the firmware folder.
    10. After flashing is done, turn off the phone, unplug it from the PC, press and hold Vol- and Pwr buttons. At the yellow exclamation mark with an android press simultaneously Vol+ and Vol-
    11. Wipe data/factory reset.

Reboot and enjoy your newly rooted BL7 Defy+ (and don't forget to send me a beer :D:D:D)
    hello and thank you,

OK, here are the links to my Dropbox
    Great news!

Those done downloading - pls torrent the files, and it'll spread much faster!

Here is a torrent file with firmware.zip and firmware.z01