[Q] Omni May 4th Stingray Mobile data help

Search This thread

sharpie15

May 9, 2014
Just flashed my Xoom Stingray to Omni (4.4.2-20140504-1240+0200-stingray-HOMEMADE)

and now I get no mobile 4G

I followed the instructions and the ROM runs great just no 4G

Did I do something wrong?

Any help would be much appreciated

Jun 6, 2011
Germany
Similar 4G Issue

I'm having a similar issue with Omni. I flashed it last week and while it temporarily sees Verizon, it doesn't connect. I saw something on the ROM thread under developers (and so far I haven't searched through any other threads for resolutions) but I might try what was suggested there to see if it is the solution we're looking for. I'll post back here if I find something actionable.

Crystawth

Sep 9, 2011
Moto X4
LG V40
Found this thread that has detailed steps on how to fix the issue we're having:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2635282

I'll keep searching for a more simple process and post if I find it.

I saw that, having the same issue myself. I haven't tried it personally, but I remain skeptical about it working. Even following the steps, after the bigPart step, the tablet is essentially wiped clean, no OS, no radios, nothing. Without an OTA update from verizon (which we can't get via a custom rom) the modem baseband won't download and update to provide 4G data (I have an upgraded MZ600 Xoom).

So basically even if I followed all those steps, I still wouldn't have 4G data unless I could get the new baseband software installed...

webeougher

Jan 24, 2009
So basically even if I followed all those steps, I still wouldn't have 4G data unless I could get the new baseband software installed...

That's why you need stock IMG files, chum. Read the entire process - it works. I spent days figuring out what the common problem was and how to fix it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts