Fire TV software updated released

Search This thread
It's broken for me.
I rooted and lost amazon video right away. get player error.
Trying to find anybody that claims to have prime video working with rooted box, no luck.
I am thinking about unrooting now as xbmc is good, but I have been using plex for years and it is the cleanest interface for my purposes.
Anyone have prime working with root?

did you leave a video playing in XBMC when you left the program?

I have 5 rooted AFT all can still use Prime

tselling

Dec 12, 2006
It's broken for me.
I rooted and lost amazon video right away. get player error.
Trying to find anybody that claims to have prime video working with rooted box, no luck.
I am thinking about unrooting now as xbmc is good, but I have been using plex for years and it is the cleanest interface for my purposes.
Anyone have prime working with root?

I have 3 rooted fire TV's with latest rootable software that have been rooted with towelroot. They all play amazon prime fine for me.

Madmox2000

Feb 19, 2013
I installed xbmc for fire tv and used the ftvlauncher, as someone had recommended, but it didn't help. Can't be a network issue, my google tv plays prime just fine on the same hub. Wish I had tried prime before I rooted, just to rule that out. Thinking about starting from scratch.

quattroatl

Aug 10, 2014
I installed xbmc for fire tv and used the ftvlauncher, as someone had recommended, but it didn't help. Can't be a network issue, my google tv plays prime just fine on the same hub. Wish I had tried prime before I rooted, just to rule that out. Thinking about starting from scratch.

I know it sounds crazy, but try a different hdmi cable. I was about to exchange my fire tv because I too could not play anything in Prime. I tried factory reset, reinstalling everything to my wits end. I had a loose hdmi connection. A better, shorter hdmi cable resolved my playback issue.

dweekie

Dec 31, 2012
I know it sounds crazy, but try a different hdmi cable. I was about to exchange my fire tv because I too could not play anything in Prime. I tried factory reset, reinstalling everything to my wits end. I had a loose hdmi connection. A better, shorter hdmi cable resolved my playback issue.

Agree. Cable and/or display incompatibility. It's a very finicky device....

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Madmox2000

Feb 19, 2013
Tried 3 different cables across 2 monitors, still no luck. Bizarre that everything else works great except for their own content!

Madmox2000

Feb 19, 2013
I love you toe-rag! That did it! Simply deregistered, reregistered and it worked like a charm! Thanks, everyone else too.
Cheers!

Top Liked Posts