[APP] GooManager Beta official thread

Search This thread

Jezz_X

Dec 4, 2011
I've had this problem for a while on my GNex, works fine on my HP Touchpad. I finally noticed the reason why today but can't find how to fix it.

The install location the script is looking for is /USB-OTG/Goomanager, not /storage/SDCARD0/Goomanager. Is there anyway to fix this in the script myself or is an update required from the developer?

I get exactly the same issue on mine as well running cm10 but it's perfectly fine on my xoom also running it but it has other twrp issues

goingcrazy614

Nov 8, 2012
columbus
Stuck on bootlogo

I installed Goomanager and checked for updates. It found a rom update for my set up. So I downloaded it and flashed it onto my phone. When it tried to reboot, it got stuck shutting off and recycling bootlogo. I tried reloading my backed up rom and it all seems to go ok but it still is stuck. Even factory reset had no affect. I have:
Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G
ICS 4.0.4 stock root
CWM Blaze4G kernel
I dont know the name of the update but it was only one for the Blaze. Any help would be really awesome.

Jun 5, 2012
Noob question on GooManager...I have the AOKP rom installed on my Sensation and GooManager notifies me of updates to my ROM. I just want to know if updating my ROM build with GooManager will reset all my custom settings and preferences or will they all be preserved? I'd like to keep my ROM up to date but if it means spending all the time again to setup my preferences and icons/widgets/home screens etc. then I'd rather stick with what I have.

TIA!

goingcrazy614

Nov 8, 2012
columbus
Just wipe cache and you are good to go. That's all I do. I have Paranoid Android 4.1.2 and that's all I have ever done for updates. Changing roms is a whole different issue.

Sent from my KFOT using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Tankshell

Tankshell

Jan 3, 2013
Can i run, for instance, a nightly while running aokp on my at&t s3? And can i switch between the two? Or will everything be deleted after wiping

goingcrazy614

Nov 8, 2012
columbus
Always do a backup regardless of what you are doing. I like titanium backup but use what you like. At the very least you will keep your apps. Switching ROMs means wiping everything (cache, dalvik, factory)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T769 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Tankshell

Aoe316

Dec 17, 2012
Atlanta
Hey

Hello, I am having a problem when downloading roms with goomanager. The actually download but when I go to flash through goo it restarts into twrp but it does not flash it on its own. Also I can not flash it because I cant seem to find the file in my sd card or internal memory. I have a tmobile galaxy s3.

Gia90

Feb 1, 2013
R: [APP] GooManager Beta official thread

First of all, thank you for your great work!

I'd like to be able to check the TWRP installed number version within your app, without needing to go into recovery.

Another thing to improve your app, is to fix the flashing while showing the download notification. I don't know if it is just my problem, but I can reproduce it on my nexus 4 on stock jb 4.2.2.

dancingtortoise

Oct 16, 2009
i can't seem to load the goo website at my house. my galaxy nexus can never retrieve lists, my computer always shows a problem loading page. this is super frustrating when half of the roms are now on goo. im assuming it has something to do with my wifi? i wish i knew what tho.

Pons

Sep 2, 2010
i can't seem to load the goo website at my house. my galaxy nexus can never retrieve lists, my computer always shows a problem loading page. this is super frustrating when half of the roms are now on goo. im assuming it has something to do with my wifi? i wish i knew what tho.

Running windows? From the command prompt, try to ping goo.im to see if you can even reach it:
Code:
ping www.goo.im
Also try a traceroute to see where/if it stops:
Code:
tracert www.goo.im

If it comes back as a DNS error, try to use Google's DNS, 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, and try again.

wtherrell

Dec 30, 2008
gapps notification in error

I am on a 4.2.1 rom. Nexus 7. Goomanager keeps notifying me that there is a gapps update and urges me to download the latest version. However, the version it downloads is of an earlier date and for an earlier version of jellybean. I tried flashing it several times but each time, it results in system UI failures. Is there a way to prevent these spurious notifications until such time as they can be trusted?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

TheByteSmasher

Jan 14, 2010
Atlantis
I am on a 4.2.1 rom. Nexus 7. Goomanager keeps notifying me that there is a gapps update and urges me to download the latest version. However, the version it downloads is of an earlier date and for an earlier version of jellybean. I tried flashing it several times but each time, it results in system UI failures. Is there a way to prevent these spurious notifications until such time as they can be trusted?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

You can turn off update checking under settings...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

lorolouis

Oct 31, 2010
Please add favorites functionality

thereals0up,
Thank for this APP, the idea is very good!

Could you please on next release make the following change/addition:

Instead of hard-codded path for GAPPS, make some flexible and more than one (say 3-4 will be enough)
entries where the user after browsing goo.im tree and reaching given repository where zip file are located,
can "save" that path and create a custom line "download/check <this one>" into main menu.

So ... later when you open the app you'll have several shortcuts ready as well as notifications that watch them
besides the current ROM if is already part of goo.im.

For example, I'd like to use http://goo.im/devs/paranoidandroid/roms/gapps rather than http://goo.im/gapps as my GAPPS preference
but this is not straight-forward - currently I have to navigate the entire tree to reach it.
Also, I'd like to watch 1-2 more ROMs etc.

Of course, the default watch of current rom is very handy handy, as well as "compatible only" filter.

Regards

Last edited:
Reactions: Citizen_Snips

seaking69

Jun 26, 2012
stuck on "system recovery" screen

I see this app had not been written for being translationable, many labels in smali/java and some in manifest.

hi
i'm running on gt-n7000 4.0.4 and i'm trying to flash packman 4.2.2

i have root premision and downloaded the files (rom and google apps) with no problems.

when i press flash rom it reboots and then enter "sys recovery <3e> (what ever that means)
and if i press reboot it goes back to normal.

any idias about whats wrong?
thanx!
shahaf

powerdoesntrun

Nov 20, 2010
This app has stopped auto-flashing for me, as well on my Nexus 4. It just boots into TWRP and then I have to manually flash.

D

Deleted member 5352204

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The official app of Goo.im

We have spent a lot of time getting the server side changes in place to automatically parse our developer's rom files to grab data to make a functional OTA update system without the need for editing manifest files, or other tedious tasks. This is our attempt at creating a way for Android developers to simply publish material, and distribute it to the masses without any hassle.

This app is and will always be FREE!

General Features:

• Ability to browse and search all of the files we have on our site, and download directly to your mobile device.
    • Receive OTA style updates from your favorite rom developers that we have hosted here.
    • CyanogenMod nightly build update support
    • Incremental (differential) rom updates for sequential builds
    • Flashing roms & installing recoveries
    • Update gApps packages

If you would like to sideload the app on your phone and avoid the market, we distribute the APK by itself, and also as a prebuilt repo maintained by solarnz(github.com/solarnz)

Are you a rom developer wanting to publish your work with our updating system?

To get your rom compatible with our updating system, you should make the appropriate changes to your build.props. For more information on this system, see the link below (sorry it's not clickable but i need 8 posts!)

goo.im/howto-rom-updating-via-our-app (For developers who are curious about how to modify their build prop file for compatibility with GooManager)

GooManager download page (To download the actual app)

KNOWN ISSUES:
    • DownloadManager API is buggy on Gingerbread
    • Installing OpenRecoveryScript on devices that do not support flash_image and do not have a /cache/recovery/command supported recovery will fail

FEATURE REQUESTS
    Feel free to post them in this thread, but as my time is limited and Goo.im/GooManager's code is just something I do in my free time, there are simply not enough hours in the day to address them all :(

SHOUT OUTS
    • Chris Solarnz (For his java advice and contributions)
    • Mike Wielgosz (For contributing to the rom reordering and listing code)
    • Dees_Troy for all of his amazing work on OpenRecoveryScript and TWRP
    • eyeballer (For countless nights of helping test stuff, and awesome suggestions)
    • Shift (For the market icon)
    • Drmacinyasha (For all the testing / anal retentive bug reporting)
    • toastcfh (For helping bounce lots of ideas around)
    • EVERYONE ELSE I PROBABLY LEFT OUT!

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:

Why is _________ phone/tablet not supported?

In order to offer us flexibility without compromising other software such as rom manager premium, etc we did not want to rely on /cache/recovery/extendedcommands. At the time of developing the flash automation features, extended commands were licensed to RM only and it would have been illegal to use them. Since then, the license has changed, but we still feel it is the best direction to have our own since we can change it to fit our needs.

Why does this not work with my recovery i downloaded from Rom Manager?

CWM and CWM touch builds distributed by rom manager ONLY WORK WITH ROM MANAGER SO STOP ASKING!!!! #@$#@$#

Why are incremental updates only available for some roms?

Incremental updates are enabled on a per rom-device basis. Not all builds are even capable of this, since wipe can be required. It is at the discretion of the developer to toggle this as needed.

If you are a developer and would like to sign up: goo.im/signup

If you are a recognized developer, chances are you will get approved. (Note not all buildbox applicants are approved, and you may get only hosting)
    Not sure if this has to do with my ROM or this program but i thought i should bring it up to help others avoid this. I might be a dumda** for doing this, but i rebooted into recovery through Goomanager and now i can't get out of CWM. It keeps putting me back into recovery i can't even shut it down since it only gives the option to reboot. I'm thinking it is soft bricked so i am using the 1a. option on soft brick recovery from XDA to fix it (still downloading ADB first time so wish me luck :) ). My device is the Asus prime with gummy ROM 1.2.3 and CWM touch latest version. Will let everyone on if I'm able to fix it and if this is a already known problem that has a fix sorry for the re-post.

This actually isn't a goo manager problem, it's because the CWM version you're using doesn't clear the recovery instruction. Flash the zip in this post to get out of it - you'll need to "adb push" the zip to /sdcard/ to be able to flash it, then in the future either use TWRP (which you can install using goo manager) or use one of these versions of CWM: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1601942
    for those of us who are not update-happy (although it is addicting) is there anyway to know from either this app or from Goo notifications in general whether an update requires a full wipe and then the requisite re-setting up of one's device?

I get a notification everyday for the new Gapps and for an update of my ROM (AOKP milestone 5 for Kindle Fire). I've ignored them because I'm just too lazy to spend an hour or two getting everything back up and running.
    It is up to the developer to state whether it requires a wipe in their changelog. Generally nightly builds will not require a full wipe though
    Anybody can explain how to use with Galaxy note CM9?

I'd li ke to flash nightly in diff mode. First of all do I need to unistall cwm and install the open recovery?

Somebody has already tried?

Inviato dal mio GT-N7000 con Tapatalk 2
    You simply install goomanager, hit menu -> install openrecoveryscript which will DD over the image to your recovery partition for twrp 2.0.

As far as differential patches go, the feature is still being enabled on a per-rom basis while I make sure there are no bugs :) CM nightlies in general do not have it enabled yet but some devs do.. the list will improve but i don't want to make any big changes until I am 100% positive the incremental system is perfect :p
    This thing is a piece of crap if you are trying to download on 3g.
    Please keep this conversation constructive. If you have anything relevant to resolving the issue go ahead and post it but complaints are not helpful. If you have a failed download, paste a logcat or simply the line which gives a numerical code for why the download failed. The tag will be "GOO"

We are aware of downloading issues but since this is just a project we do strictly on free time for no profit, we can only get what we can afford which is why we are on all used hardware and frequently have hiccups with our distribution boxes. We're looking into getting more in the rotation to lower the load on the servers but there are not enough hours in the day or dollars in the bank account to handle it right away. We're looking into financing some sexy new servers from dell if we can get approved :p