4.4.2 TW NC2/NC5 Build SecPhone Native And Auto Call Rec Updated (4-28-14)

Search This thread

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
4.4.2 TW International Dark Contacts And Dialer With Call Recording And Dark MMS For Verizon S4

4_4_2_Dark_Contacts_Dialer_Rec_MMS.zip

4.4.2 TW Dark Dialer With Auto Call Record: Coming Soon!

4.3 Mods Here
4.3 SecPhone MJ7 MK2 Based Automatic Call Recording By mythtrandyr

Here is a Mod that mythtrandyr let me port over to Verizon. Automatic Call Recording Stock Phone Turn call recording on/off for incoming/outgoing calls in a custom menu under the phones settings menu (Original Thread Located Here please go there and thank him) I packaged a zip containg International Dark Themed Contacts And Dialer they are both MJ7/MK2 based. This also contains my moddified International Dark Themed SecMms with group messaging. Added Blue and Clear top dialers record button can be removed from call screen in call settings under custom settings
Note: Currently the S Voice feature in the dial pad is not working!

4.3 TW Themes And Auto Call Record Aroma Installer

4.3_Auto_Rec__Dialer_MMS_Themes_2_5_14.zip
md5: 9d350fbc5dca9511777de489ad38fbb5

4.3 TW Themes And Auto Call Record Aroma Installer With Working S_Voice

4.3_Auto_Rec__Dialer_MMS_Themes_S_Voice.zip (only choose this zip if you use the s voice feature on the dialpad)
md5: 46a4ac9987796cbc73682eb7ad2a9443

Screenshot_2013-09-29-00-42-20.jpgScreenshot_2013-09-29-02-14-49.jpgScreenshot_2013-10-07-20-00-49.pngScreenshot_2013-10-07-20-07-53.jpgScreenshot_2013-09-25-22-10-35.jpgScreenshot_2013-09-29-01-40-42.jpgScreenshot_2013-10-07-20-14-17.pngScreenshot_2013-10-07-20-14-33.jpg

Older 4.2 TW Call Record Mods (No Auto Recording Available For These Mods):

4.2 TW Call Record Mods And Dialer And Contact Themes Aroma Installer

For VRUAME7 Build Roms
For Themed Or Stock SecPhone.apk (This Zip For Deodexed Roms only!)

This enables call recording on a stock or themed SecPhone.apk with out installing a whole new apk so if you are already using a themed SecPhone.apk it wont get reverted back to the white dialer.

Call Record Button on call screen for themed or stock SecPhone.apk
Download:
VZ_VRUAME7_CR_DEX BUTTON.zip

Call Record Button in the menu for themed or stock SecPhone.apk
Download:
VZ_VRUAME7_CR_DEX MENU.zip

Here are some pics https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxIaJFUQPahraUR3MHRucWZ5cjg&usp=sharing using the Black It All Out theme

For Deodexed or Odex Roms Full SecPhone.apk Included In Zip
If You Have A Stock Rom With Custom Recovery Use This Zip!

If you have a Custom Recovery installed on either a odexed or deodexed system simply flash and reboot.
If you dont have a Custom Recovery download this zip and extract the contents and use a file manager with root access to copy the files to the appropriate folders. If you have a odexed rom remember to delete or rename SecPhone.odex file if manually pushing the files.

Call Record Button on call screen
Download:
VZ_VRUAME7_CR_FULL BUTTON.zip

Record Button in the menu.
Download:
VZ_VRUAME7_CR_FULL MENU.zip

Revert back to stock
Download:
VZ_VRUAME7_CR_FULL STOCK.zip

For VRUAMDK Build Roms

This enables call recording on a stock or themed SecPhone.apk with out installing a whole new apk so if you are already using a themed SecPhone.apk it wont get reverted back to the white dialer.

Download:
Call_Rec_Button. zip

Download:
Call_Rec_In_Menu. zip

Here are some pics https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxIaJFUQPahraUR3MHRucWZ5cjg&usp=sharing using the Black It All Out theme

If you have a Custom Recovery installed on either a odexed or deodexed system simply flash and reboot.
If you dont have a Custom Recovery download this zip and extract the contents and use a file manager with root access to copy the files to the appropriate folders. If you have a odexed rom remember to delete or rename SecPhone.odex file if manually pushing the files.

Download:
SecPhone.apk flashable zip

Download:
SecPhone_Call_In_Menu.apk flashable zip

Revert back to stock
Download:
Stock_SecPhone.apk flashable zip

Volume Boost Mods For Call Recording Will Also Make Call Recorder By Skvalex Work Properly
Thanks to jovy23 Original Post Here. I just modified them to work with Call Recording

To Flash Volume Boost Mods:
1. Flash one of the Call Record zips (If you have already flashed a Call Record zip goto step 3)
2. Reboot
3. Reboot back to recovery
4. Flash Volume Boost Mod
5. Reboot
6. To flash a different Volume Boost Mod just follow step 3 through step 5

Volume Very High Mod
Download:
Volume_Boosting_Call_Rec_VERY_LOUD. zip

Volume Moderate Mod
Download:
Volume_Boosting_Call_Rec_MODERATE. zip

Volume Stock
Download:
Volume_Boosting_Call_Rec_STOCK. zip

Last edited:

dansan382

Dec 19, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
how well does it work? does it only record when u have the person on speakerphone or will it record normally?

also i assume the option to add a call to the current call is still there just in another menu?

baniels

Dec 29, 2009
It records perfectly fine and I only tested it NOT on speakerphone. I was surprised by how well it worked.

Menu button while in the call brings up the Add Call option.Now that you mention that, I'd actually prefer that the app put the record option in the menu option instead. This is very cool to have, but I'll use it so rarely that it needn't be a one-touch, always-there, button.

Nonetheless, thanks for making this.

how well does it work? does it only record when u have the person on speakerphone or will it record normally?

also i assume the option to add a call to the current call is still there just in another menu?

SmokeyMon

Jun 2, 2013
fwiw, with sacs-gruesomewolf rom 2.5 I got the button but it was greyed out.

Fixed. Conflicting audio mods.

Last edited:

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
fwiw, with sacs-gruesomewolf rom 2.5 I got the button but it was greyed out.

I tried it running sacs-gruesomewolf rom 2.5 and it worked fine for me. Some audio tweaks and mods will cause it not to work properly. I am checking out some of the problems with these audio tweaks especially the volume boost mod. It will cause the call record button not to work. I made some changes to SecPhone.apk and went back to the verizon based apk. I was using one to work on multiple phones but I think the verizon based one has less problems. The only real difference was the International SecPhone.apk had internet calling in the setting for those carriers that allow this.Try to redownload the zip and flash again and let me know if this works for you

Reactions: SmokeyMon

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
It records perfectly fine and I only tested it NOT on speakerphone. I was surprised by how well it worked.

Menu button while in the call brings up the Add Call option.Now that you mention that, I'd actually prefer that the app put the record option in the menu option instead. This is very cool to have, but I'll use it so rarely that it needn't be a one-touch, always-there, button.

Nonetheless, thanks for making this.

I am working on one with the Record option in the menu instead of replacing the Add a Call button

Reactions: SmokeyMon

SmokeyMon

Jun 2, 2013
I tried it running sacs-gruesomewolf rom 2.5 and it worked fine for me. Some audio tweaks and mods will cause it not to work properly. I am checking out some of the problems with these audio tweaks especially the volume boost mod. It will cause the call record button not to work. I made some changes to SecPhone.apk and went back to the verizon based apk. I was using one to work on multiple phones but I think the verizon based one has less problems. The only real difference was the International SecPhone.apk had internet calling in the setting for those carriers that allow this.Try to redownload the zip and flash again and let me know if this works for you

I will give it another shot. Thanks for the reply.

Based on your post, I disabled the faux sound settings I had set to run at boot and voila! Worked like a charm . Thanks again.

Last edited:

Elganja

Jun 30, 2010
I flashed the zip and I don't have the option to record... just says add call... am I missing something?

edit: guessing this is for deodexed?

Last edited:

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
I have a working SecPhone.apk flashable zip That is confirmed working on most TW Roms. The first time you press the record button you may have to press several time before it will start recording after that it works fine. Be aware that volume and sound mods and hacks may cause the record option to fail or lock up the call screen.

Original with Call Record Button on call screen
Download:

For those of you that requested the Record Button be in the menu. Here you go!
Download:

For the people that requested that the Record Button be in the menu instead of the call screen. I have uploaded a new zip located in the first post. ENJOY!

Tada10

Feb 19, 2013
is there a stock one just in case this don't work?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    4.4.2 TW International Dark Contacts And Dialer With Call Recording And Dark MMS For Verizon S4

4.4.2 TW Dark Dialer With Auto Call Record: Coming Soon!

4.3 Mods Here
    4.3 SecPhone MJ7 MK2 Based Automatic Call Recording By mythtrandyr

Here is a Mod that mythtrandyr let me port over to Verizon. Automatic Call Recording Stock Phone Turn call recording on/off for incoming/outgoing calls in a custom menu under the phones settings menu (Original Thread Located Here please go there and thank him) I packaged a zip containg International Dark Themed Contacts And Dialer they are both MJ7/MK2 based. This also contains my moddified International Dark Themed SecMms with group messaging. Added Blue and Clear top dialers record button can be removed from call screen in call settings under custom settings
    Note: Currently the S Voice feature in the dial pad is not working!

4.3 TW Themes And Auto Call Record Aroma Installer

4.3_Auto_Rec__Dialer_MMS_Themes_2_5_14.zip
    md5: 9d350fbc5dca9511777de489ad38fbb5

4.3 TW Themes And Auto Call Record Aroma Installer With Working S_Voice

4.3_Auto_Rec__Dialer_MMS_Themes_S_Voice.zip (only choose this zip if you use the s voice feature on the dialpad)
    md5: 46a4ac9987796cbc73682eb7ad2a9443

Screenshot_2013-09-29-00-42-20.jpgScreenshot_2013-09-29-02-14-49.jpgScreenshot_2013-10-07-20-00-49.pngScreenshot_2013-10-07-20-07-53.jpgScreenshot_2013-09-25-22-10-35.jpgScreenshot_2013-09-29-01-40-42.jpgScreenshot_2013-10-07-20-14-17.pngScreenshot_2013-10-07-20-14-33.jpg

Older 4.2 TW Call Record Mods (No Auto Recording Available For These Mods):

4.2 TW Call Record Mods And Dialer And Contact Themes Aroma Installer

For VRUAME7 Build Roms

Download:
    VZ_VRUAME7_CR_DEX BUTTON.zip

Download:
    VZ_VRUAME7_CR_DEX MENU.zip

Download:
    VZ_VRUAME7_CR_FULL BUTTON.zip

Download:
    VZ_VRUAME7_CR_FULL MENU.zip

Revert back to stock
    Download:
    VZ_VRUAME7_CR_FULL STOCK.zip

For VRUAMDK Build Roms

Download:
    Call_Rec_Button. zip

Download:
    Call_Rec_In_Menu. zip

Download:

Download:

Revert back to stock
    Download:
    Stock_SecPhone.apk flashable zip

Volume Boost Mods For Call Recording Will Also Make Call Recorder By Skvalex Work Properly
    Thanks to jovy23 Original Post Here. I just modified them to work with Call Recording

To Flash Volume Boost Mods:
    1. Flash one of the Call Record zips (If you have already flashed a Call Record zip goto step 3)
    2. Reboot
    3. Reboot back to recovery
    4. Flash Volume Boost Mod
    5. Reboot
    6. To flash a different Volume Boost Mod just follow step 3 through step 5

Volume Very High Mod
    Download:
    Volume_Boosting_Call_Rec_VERY_LOUD. zip

Volume Moderate Mod
    Download:
    Volume_Boosting_Call_Rec_MODERATE. zip

Volume Stock
    Download:
    Volume_Boosting_Call_Rec_STOCK. zip

Auto Call Record

4.3 SecPhone MJ7 Based Automatic Call Recording By mythtrandyr

Here is a Mod that mythtrandyr let me port over to Verizon. Automatic Call Recording Stock Phone Turn call recording on/off for incoming/outgoing calls (Original Thread Located Here) I packaged a zip containg International Dark Themed Contacts And Dialer they are both MJ7 based.

Downloads: TW_4_3_CALL_AUTO_REC_BUTTON.zip
    4.4.2 TW NC2/NC5 Build SecPhone Native Call Rec

Same style messenger with all the options enabled would be great.

This new messaging app is well I wont swear on here but to say the least its difficult so lets say Im working on it but no guarantee!
    I have a working SecPhone.apk flashable zip That is confirmed working on most TW Roms. The first time you press the record button you may have to press several time before it will start recording after that it works fine. Be aware that volume and sound mods and hacks may cause the record option to fail or lock up the call screen.

Original with Call Record Button on call screen
    Download:

For those of you that requested the Record Button be in the menu. Here you go!
    Download:

For the people that requested that the Record Button be in the menu instead of the call screen. I have uploaded a new zip located in the first post. ENJOY!