Cm9/ics for the droid 3 *** users thread ***

Search This thread

phrir1

Dec 11, 2011
THIS IS A USERS THREAD FOR HASH CODES CM9/ICS ROM

PLEASE TRY TO KEEP ALL THE USER TALK IN HERE SO WE CAN KEEP THE DEV FORUM FOR DEVELOPMENT ONLY.( just trying to help keep the dev info in a not so big thread,)

LINK TO ORIGINAL CM9/ICS THREAD IN THE DEV SECTION by hashcode

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1425026

Thanks again for all you do to HASHCODE AND ALL THE OTHER DEVS AND PEOPLE HELPING TO GET THIS ROM WORKING AS BEST AS POSSIBLE FOR THE DROID3.

Last edited:

jclingler5213

Apr 28, 2010
This was a great idea. The Dev thread was getting pretty lengthy to sift through. Hopefully people will use it. What is the last anyone has heard from Hash about the next release?

phrir1

Dec 11, 2011
This was a great idea. The Dev thread was getting pretty lengthy to sift through. Hopefully people will use it. What is the last anyone has heard from Hash about the next release?

From his blog he says that beta #1 will be out some time next week

*VERY EXCITED* and he is almost done with the camera.

Sent from my XT862 using XDA App

gierso

Aug 13, 2010
Monterrey
Nexus 7
Nexus 7 (2013)
First bug.

have every one noticed if the battery level from ics and GB are reported diferently... i had 30% in GB stock and in the switch to ICS reports 70% in any case it shuts down in 0 so maybe the top levels are diferent

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk

phrir1

Dec 11, 2011
First bug.

have every one noticed if the battery level from ics and GB are reported diferently... i had 30% in GB stock and in the switch to ICS reports 70% in any case it shuts down in 0 so maybe the top levels are diferent

I've noticed that once before and I did the whole wipe batt stats thing and it seemed to be better.

SENT FROM MY CM9/ICS D3....thx 2 hashcode

Willis111

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 7, 2008
Ontario

From his twitter he says camera is launching but causing a gfx error (camera is working but wont display on screen, his error logs showing it init no problems). It could be as simple as a coding error, I notice in his error logs that the first error pops on line 441

Code:
01-28 12:02:26.560: E/IMGSRV(216): gralloc.c:590: gralloc_device_alloc: Invalid color format (256)

I'm not sure what the color format he's using is but it could just need to be changed to 255 even, perhaps 256 is out of range(if it's like r/g/b 1-255). IDK, easy to speculate but it looks like it might be sooner rather than later. Best place to check for this info is Hashcodes Twitter. That's where I saw the update about the camera and the error logs, it's a lot easier for him to tweet a quick update and keep working than to stop and scrub/edit posts.

Last edited:

phrir1

Dec 11, 2011
Yeah!!! He just tweeted again that he is really close.

SENT FROM MY CM9/ICS D3....thx 2 hashcode

jclingler5213

Apr 28, 2010
It sounds like it might be here within the next couple of days. At least that's the impression that I'm getting from Hash's twitter feed. Very exciting times!!!

Endoroid

Aug 28, 2011
Surrey
Bump

Does it seem to anyone else that ics takes longer to register a touch event ie you have to hold your finger on something for a second before it registers. Its really quite annoying

Sent from my XT862 using xda premium

MrObvious

Mar 1, 2008
Wichita KS
I don't think the keyboard was as responsive as on Gingerbread. But it may have been me.

Sent from my DROID3 using XDA App

Willis111

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 7, 2008
Ontario
All the time. I switched back to liberty because it was driving me nuts. I wonder if its because I'm using the gsmfix version. I'll try posting in that thread see if any other xt860 users are experiencing it

I actually find the screen and rom in general very responsive. I really haven't run into any issues with it yet (other than having to reboot every now and then or cycle airplane mode because I'm getting a "can't authenticate on proxy" error when browsing but I'm pretty sure when this happens it's just poor reception). I also tend not to fling around in menus very much, would be interesting to see a diff of what's been crammed into dalvik between you and I maybe, think Hashcode mentioned that can cause slowdowns though (if you're doing a lot things might get unresponsive for a sec is what I take from that, like IPC on windows jamming everything up and causing jitter by bottlenecking sometimes).

Last edited:

Endoroid

Aug 28, 2011
Surrey
I actually find the screen and rom in general very responsive. I really haven't run into any issues with it yet (other than having to reboot every now and then or cycle airplane mode because I'm getting a "can't authenticate on proxy" error when browsing but I'm pretty sure when this happens it's just poor reception). I also tend not to fling around in menus very much, would be interesting to see a diff of what's been crammed into dalvik between you and I maybe, think Hashcode mentioned that can cause slowdowns though (if you're doing a lot things might get unresponsive for a sec is what I take from that, like IPC on windows jamming everything up and causing jitter by bottlenecking sometimes).

Right away I noticed it, soft keyboard works great, but opening apps, scrolling web pages, opening links, even the capacative buttons I need to hold my finger there for a sec for it to register

Willis111

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 7, 2008
Ontario
Right away I noticed it, soft keyboard works great, but opening apps, scrolling web pages, opening links, even the capacative buttons I need to hold my finger there for a sec for it to register

Strange, I find the keys/buttons as responsive, if not more so than stock. Did you add supercharger script, init.d hacks or anything?

Just for the heck of it I googled "ics trouble with flash player" and wow a lot of people are having trouble w/ics 4.0.3 and flash, found a few files people have said were working, I'll try them out and post them to Hash' OP/send them to Hash for his next build if they're flawless. Gotta charge and run out before I start messing with that.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I made no mods. It was like this right off the bat, while I was setting up my google acct. I had trouble selecting the text input box until I actually held my finger there. Thought it was frozen or something at first. I can't stand it, I had to switch back to liberty. Frankly until the camera works I can't use ics as a daily driver anyways. I use it a fair bit

Could try these build.prop tweaks. I have them all at except I haven't adjusted the max_events because I find the screen pretty responsive(tested to see if they caused crashing for you lol). Perhaps just the 1of keeping the launcher in memory will help with what you're noticing. I have to say it seems even quicker here now but it could be placebo. I've also removed libGLES_android.so etc been messing around with flashplayer trying to find a fix but no luck yet, poor framerate in videos, like maybe 1 fps and it drops the rest to give ~27fps slideshow.

Helps Scrolling Response
    windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=150

Increases overall touch response
    debug.performance.tuning=1
    video.accelerate.hw=1

Forces your home screen launcher to remain in memory
    ro.home_app_adj=1

Render UI with GPU
    debug.sf.hw=1
    @dano
    The globalnwswitch thing is in the /system/app folder. Delete the apk from there

In build.prop

it goes

"# Default Network type.
    # 7 => Global Phone (4 => CDMA).
    ro.telephony.default_network = 2."

does this mean that the default network is already set to 2? Do i have to change the number '7' to '2' also?? Thanks for any help guys. :)

I tried to change the setting in build.prop but i don't think it saved anything. Im using AstroViewer to do it. I also deleted the GlobalNswitch.apk from the APP folder.

But when i reboot the phone it says 'process com.android.phone has stopped. Am I doing something wrong?? LOL

edit: and one more thing. phone won't let me uninstall/delete GlobalNSwitch.apk. it said delete was unsuccessful and uninstall was unsuccessful..

The # means that that line is commented out ie doesn't actually do anything. Its just there for your information. So yes default network is set to 2 already.

/system is a read only file system. I'm not familiar with astro manager, some file mangers allow you to remount read/write. Look around otherwaise use a terminal emulator to run this command
    busybox mount -o remount,rw /system
    Make sure you are root first by using the command su if you are it should say som ething like root@solana (or something similar, I can't remember exactly)

How does this do for a daily driver? I just got my Droid 3 replaced so I've got a fresh system to fall back on just in case.

If you don't use the camera much/at all, it's a great daily. I've been on CM9 exclusively, for about three months now, and haven't had any problems doing what I need to do. The camera is a sticking point for some, but, I don't mind at all. :)