Josh's Manilla2D/M2DLight/WinterRom/DarkWinter2/SpringTime ~Retired~

5,225 posts
Thanks Meter: 635

Post Reply Email Thread
11th February 2009, 07:12 PM |#1001  
Flag Bolton
Thanks Meter: 78

More
Hi all, been running the manilla2d V15 (3G) for the past week or so and here are my findings......Hope they help some of you with Q's......

Battery life, I'm getting around 48 hours between charges on lite use. Around 24 hours when using apps, like music player and making occassional calls.

All apps seem to be working, but slight annoyances occur when switching between internet and touchflo. Opera appears to shut touchflo, (Maybe it's supposed to do this to conserve battery life, but it is annoying to have to restart (NOT HARD/SOFT RESET) it everytime when internet is selected!) plus it will lose connection intermittently rendering the connection useless.

I much preferred opera lite, as with this one it tends to display everything on the screen and has awkward zoom controls that dont appear to work so well (maybe its only on my phone???) which more often than not closes opera (though doesnt close the connection!) and requires touchflo to be restarted.

Other than that it is by far the best ROM I have used. I'm going to try the lite version and just install the apps I use most and see if there are any improvements in battery life.

Kudos to you Josh and all the other chefs who've helped along the way. BTW, would it be possible for chefs to include the reported approx battery life/stability etc in the D/L page as I think it is one of the most useful bits of info when deciding any upgrades.

Warm Regards and keep cooking.......
Riki

11th February 2009, 08:32 PM |#1002  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
dialer display
hi there,

after using Josh M2d rom for two weeks, i feel comfortable ad very satisfied on it's performance. However, i'm quite incomfortable regarding to the dialer which displayed 3 lines of contact and recent call history.. is there any suggestion on how to change the dialer appearance.. i've install many types of dialer but however, the recent call still displayed on the 3 rows appearance. if any of u could suggest what should i do to disable those recent call history and contact appearance on the dialer.. i feel great if it could appear like the Faria 32 display or like the shipped HTC rom dialer that only display the recent call history and suggested contact when we press the button number..

look forward for any response.. thanks
11th February 2009, 09:16 PM |#1003  
Flag St. Louis, MO
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Dialer
Quote:
Originally Posted by loharisan

hi there,

after using Josh M2d rom for two weeks, i feel comfortable ad very satisfied on it's performance. However, i'm quite incomfortable regarding to the dialer which displayed 3 lines of contact and recent call history.. is there any suggestion on how to change the dialer appearance.. i've install many types of dialer but however, the recent call still displayed on the 3 rows appearance. if any of u could suggest what should i do to disable those recent call history and contact appearance on the dialer.. i feel great if it could appear like the Faria 32 display or like the shipped HTC rom dialer that only display the recent call history and suggested contact when we press the button number..

look forward for any response.. thanks

I use the 3G versions of Josh's ROM's for that reason. I don't have a need for video calling, but I much prefer the usability and look of the 3G vs the 2G dialer.
11th February 2009, 09:51 PM |#1004  
OP Retired Moderator
Flag CT, USA

More
WM 6.5 Test HERE

so yea, it's buggy and still very early beta but i'm liking it.
SIP busted,
Autorun needs to be launched by clicking on sdautorun in the windows dir
Also if you need device update you can install via CRCDU.cab in the windows dir.
11th February 2009, 09:58 PM |#1005  
OP Retired Moderator
Flag CT, USA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshkoss

WM 6.5 Test HERE

so yea, it's buggy and still very early beta but i'm liking it.
SIP busted,
Autorun needs to be launched by clicking on sdautorun in the windows dir
Also if you need device update you can install via CRCDU.cab in the windows dir.

oyea and if somone feels like doing some screenshots please do
11th February 2009, 10:17 PM |#1006  
OP Retired Moderator
Flag CT, USA

More
Sorry Guys, about to leave work and made a breakthrough i've got another update to put out before leaving, Speed is WAAAAy better.
11th February 2009, 10:21 PM |#1007  
Flag Riyadh
Thanks Meter: 597

More
WM6.5 !!
waitin the update ........
BTW what is the build ??!
thanx Joshua
PEACE
11th February 2009, 10:29 PM |#1008  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gehzumteufel

DTMF http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DTMF

vmail = voicemail.

ohh! very usefull, I've wondered why sometimes these phone-service-numbers weren't reacting to any input! Now I know why
11th February 2009, 10:35 PM |#1009  
OP Retired Moderator
Flag CT, USA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oweida

waitin the update ........
BTW what is the build ??!
thanx Joshua
PEACE

21159 is build and it's 40% done uploading.
11th February 2009, 10:43 PM |#1010  
Flag Riyadh
Thanks Meter: 597

More
Nice
So waiting for the rest % .
I have been using section8prime rom,,, its VERY fast and Responsive ,,, I like it and all the talking about it being buggy and others are not that so appearnt and not obvious.. WM6.5 is impressive and is worth to be tried ..
but I REALLY Love your Flavour and your touch I always wait you roms cuz they are Pictures of PERFECTION....
God Bless You
PEACE
11th February 2009, 10:49 PM |#1011  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
using now section8prime wm6.5 (very fast and stable,i like it)
will be honored to test your new 6.5 rom

thank you
edward
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)