[Q] How to turn off USSD notification sounds

Search This thread

Androloid

Dec 8, 2012
In the menu Settings>Sound>System>Notification Sound there is no siIlent setting. So, I can't turn off sound when dialing an USSD code. If I move notification slider to the left I lose message sound. System sound slider in Soud Profiles settings is off.

Where do I turn this off?

fallenwout

Oct 19, 2011
This? Don't exactly know what you mean with ussd.
aneryhe2.jpg

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Androloid

Dec 8, 2012
It's all off. USSD codes-short codes for checking balance, activating carrier services etc. E.g. *123#.

ebemedeb.jpg

There is no "silent setting" on this screen.

Sent from my LG-D802

fallenwout

Oct 19, 2011
There is no silent option in notification sound as this is the global notification setting.
That sound option where you are talking about in the screenshot listens to the notification sound slider.

You don't mean dial pad sounds when pressing a number?
Or do you mean the response you get from the operator after dialing the code?

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

robin786

Jan 7, 2011
KL
What he meant was the sound you get when there's a response for USSD code that you run.

For example, when you check balance / account status using eg. *126#, there will be a notification sound played (in my case, the default sound, Life is Good) when you receive the response from the carrier company.

I read somewhere, that it affects only D802 with HK rom. Can anyone else confirm?

Sent from my LG-D802

Androloid

Dec 8, 2012
If I'm not wrong notification volume slider is for messages and all other notifications too (viber, whatsapp...), so it's not good idea to turn it off. I meant sound after dialing a ussd code can't be turned off.

Послато са LG-D802

Androloid

Dec 8, 2012
I have found a workaround solution. Just copy attached file (1 sec of mp3 silence) to sd card/media/audio/notifications and it will be available for selection in settings - sound - system - notification sound.

Послато са LG-D802

Attachments

• SilentRingtone1sec.mp3.zip
    15.6 KB · Views: 416
Last edited:

marshallcodex

Aug 22, 2016
There was no ussd sounds when i was on stock lollipop on VS980 4G but after i installed the NDM 5.5 custom rom.....i get sounds after dialing ussd codes
How do i turn this off.
Can i delete a file from the root folder to fix this

openforu

Apr 27, 2014
\system\csc\feature.xml

<CscFeature_VoiceCall_EnableBeepVibration4UssdAlert>true</CscFeature_VoiceCall_EnableBeepVibration4UssdAlert>

True = sound on
False = sound off