Galaxy S4 rebooting when I swipe to unlock

Search This thread

calaski8123

Sep 11, 2010
I got a brand new s4 in November. I get random reboots from once a day to multiple times a day. The thing is it always happens when I go to unlock the phone by swiping the unlock screen. It seems to hang and freeze and then reboots. I have updated the software to the latest MK2 and I am NOT rooted, although I plan to soon to uninstall bloatware mainly.

Is there any type of log or an app that will log processes running when this reboot happens? Since it always seems to be during unlock, I have a feeling there is an app that is causing an issue rather than a bum phone which I think would be just randomly rebooting all the time.

The only other times I've seen it reboot is when I go into they call screen to make a call, but that's very rare.

Jim

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

Philip68

Dec 17, 2013
I had the same issue with my phone screen freezing and then the phone would reboot. Rather than go thru Verizon for a refurbished replacement, I contacted Samsung and sent it in for warranty work. They replaced a board and sent it back. Hasn't froze or rebooted again since the repair. Total time was about 7 days if I recall correctly.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

calaski8123

Sep 11, 2010
I had the same issue with my phone screen freezing and then the phone would reboot. Rather than go thru Verizon for a refurbished replacement, I contacted Samsung and sent it in for warranty work. They replaced a board and sent it back. Hasn't froze or rebooted again since the repair. Total time was about 7 days if I recall correctly.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Wow OK I didn't think about that... Did it cost you anything?

Jim