[Q] S-off with hboot 1.12?

Search This thread

tames1235

Jul 20, 2014
Hi, I've had my Evo for awhile and rooted it about 2 years ago and haven't updated anything outside of my recoveries, so I'm sitting on hboot 1.12 and s-on. I want to update my hboot and radios but after much googling it looks like I have to go s-off. Lazy panda and dirty rancun don't seem to support windows anymore so it looks like my only option is facepalm s-off. On that thread it shows I need supercid which i'm not sure how to get. Is it even possible to upgrade my hboot, or would there be another way to upgrade my radios without going s-off?

Thanks!

G

GuestK0087

I don't need supercid? Would I just run the commands from the folder with my adb and fastboot .exes?

As BD619 said, facepalm will work for your hboot and it is the easiest way ever. Just read carefully and follow instructions.

It ain't nothing but a G thing baby... Lg G3 LGSL990

Magnum_Enforcer

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 14, 2012
Birmingham, AL
I don't need supercid? Would I just run the commands from the folder with my adb and fastboot .exes?

Copy and paste the command to gain Super CID into your command line. Run it while booted to the Android OS. Then follow the rest of the instructions in the Facepalm thread. There are two files that you'll need to put in your ADB/Fastboot directory prior to running the commands. You need to be on a fairly stock Sense ROM, also.

Sent from my HTC M8

Reactions: tames1235

tames1235

Jul 20, 2014
Copy and paste the command to gain Super CID into your command line. Run it while booted to the Android OS. Then follow the rest of the instructions in the Facepalm thread. There are two files that you'll need to put in your ADB/Fastboot directory prior to running the commands. You need to be on a fairly stock Sense ROM, also.

Sent from my HTC M8

Thanks for the reply. Could you dumb that down a bit? I've already put the two files into my folder with the adb.exe and the fastboot.exe. I've already restored to a stock rom (sense 4.0 and android 4.03) that I had from before I started flashing custom roms. Booted to the android OS?

Sloth

Inactive RC / Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
Ah, thanks. Sorry for so many questions. Putting in the supercid command, I got 8+0 records in, 8+0 records out. Then entering in the next command, I get " error: device not found" That can't be right?
This command?
adb reboot bootloader

If so just boot into bootloader manually
Reboot your device and hold vol down it will take you to bootloader
Also if you are in bootloader already make sure it says fastbootusb (if it just says fastboot press the power button once to select fastboot it should change to fastbootusb)

Magnum_Enforcer

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 14, 2012
Birmingham, AL
I WISH :( I have the correct files in the correct folder. I'm running the commands, but i'm getting "adb server is out of date. killing...." and when I manually reboot into bootloader I don't have the "CID-22222222" So I have to update my SDK version?

Sounds like that may be your issue. I had to update mine awhile back due to the same issue.

tames1235

Jul 20, 2014
"adb server is out of date"
Is normal what happens when you type adb devices

Well dang, if that's not the problem... Is 8+0 records in, 8+0 records out confirmation that the supercid went through? Because my bootloader doesn't have anything outside of

JEWEL PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.12.0000
RADIO-1.02.12.0427
Opendsp-v25.1.0.32.0405
eMMC-boot
Apr 26 2012, Time

Sloth

Inactive RC / Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
Well dang, if that's not the problem... Is 8+0 records in, 8+0 records out confirmation that the supercid went through? Because my bootloader doesn't have anything outside of

JEWEL PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.12.0000
RADIO-1.02.12.0427
Opendsp-v25.1.0.32.0405
eMMC-boot
Apr 26 2012, Time
When you type adb devices do you get
your serial number and device
Or does it come back blank?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks for the reply. Could you dumb that down a bit? I've already put the two files into my folder with the adb.exe and the fastboot.exe. I've already restored to a stock rom (sense 4.0 and android 4.03) that I had from before I started flashing custom roms. Booted to the android OS?
    OS=Rom
    Facepalm is super easy just follow the instructions.

Sent from my HTC M8
    Take a look at this thread here
    Ah, thanks. Sorry for so many questions. Putting in the supercid command, I got 8+0 records in, 8+0 records out. Then entering in the next command, I get " error: device not found" That can't be right?
    This command?
    adb reboot bootloader

If so just boot into bootloader manually
    Reboot your device and hold vol down it will take you to bootloader
    Also if you are in bootloader already make sure it says fastbootusb (if it just says fastboot press the power button once to select fastboot it should change to fastbootusb)