[ROM][18-12-2013] ZTE V987 (MT6589) custom ROMs (JB)

Search This thread

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
Apr 2, 2007
Lisbon
HTC One (M8)
Xiaomi Mi 5
Hello everyone!

In this thread you'll find all my custom ROMs for ZTE V987 (MT6589) smartphone. Please be sure to read this carefully in order to avoid unnecessary questions. ;)

Do not mirror my files, as I will always make sure links are working. :fingers-crossed: Instead, please share the link to this thread.

Tutorials and Frequently asked questions (FAQ):
For tutorials jump into post #2.

For frequently asked questions (FAQ) jump into post #3.​

Version history (including download links):

V1.0MOD (23-04-2013):
  • Based on official Android 4.1.2 ROM (ZTE China release: ZTE-CN-9B18D-P188F04V1.0.1 / Custom build: B01 ; Stock kernel 3.4.5)
    • Officially supported languages: English and Chinese (Traditional and Simplified)
  • Custom changes:
    • User customize-able installation based on AROMA installer
    • Included script to automatically disable internal sdcard if extended userdata partition is detected
    • Integrated the latest version of Google apps
    • Rooted (no need to root phone with third party applications) with SuperSU application (v1.25)
    • Busybox (v1.20.2) installed (including init.d support)
    • Disabled aee debugger daemon
    • Updated APN list (apns-conf.xml)
    • Updated TZ data (timezone data)
    • Added "Reboot" and "Reboot to recovery" options to power menu
    • Replaced "Press to unlock" by "Slide to unlock" lockscreen
    • Included Android 4.2.2 Clock and Camera/Gallery apps
    • Added optional AdFree hosts to system hosts file (blocks ads in several applications or games, for example Angry Birds)
    • Added support for the following languages: Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, German, Greek, Spanish, Finish, French, Croatian, Hungarian, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil), Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Serbian, Swedish, Turkish and Ukrainian
=> Download link
=> MD5 sum: 635a12b6cab992558a4911a51627a3d6

=> Patches: Titanium Backup hang-up fix
=> Mods: Phone dialer keys with Russian letters

V2.0MOD (07-06-2013):
  • Based on official Android 4.2.1 ROM (ZTE China release: ZTE-CN-9B18D-P188F04V1.1.1 / Custom build: B01 ; Stock kernel 3.4.5)
    • Officially supported languages: English and Chinese (Traditional and Simplified)
  • Custom changes:
    • Included script to automatically disable internal sdcard if extended userdata partition is detected
    • Rooted (no need to root phone with third party applications) with SuperSU application (v1.32)
    • Complete stock Android look in terms of app icons and wallpapers
    • Disabled "vibrate on call connect" feature
    • Added support for the following languages: Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, German, Greek, Spanish, Finish, French, Croatian, Hungarian, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Serbian, Swedish, Turkish and Ukrainian
=> Download link
=> MD5 sum: ee35a15bcecfef2b891e4fd3c4969d9d

=> Patches: Titanium Backup hang-up fix / Fixed insecure kernel

V3.0MOD (03-08-2013):
  • Based on official Android 4.2.1 ROM (ZTE China release: ZTE-CN-9B18D-P188F04V1.1.1 / Custom build: B03 ; Stock kernel 3.4.5)
  • Custom changes:
    • Used B02 kernel to grant better sensitivity of soft-keys
    • Rooted (no need to root phone with third party applications) with SuperSU application (v1.51)
    • Busybox (v1.21.1) installed (including init.d support)
    • Integrated GravityBox (v1.85)
      • Patches Android's master key (bugs 8219321 and 9695860) vulnerabilities
      • Includes lots of system tweaks and fixes for common problems of MT6589 based devices
    • Added support for the following languages: Afrikaans, Armenian, Arabic, Bulgarian, Bengali, Catalan, Czech, Danish, German, Greek, Spanish, Farsi, Finish, French, Hindi, Croatian, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Hebrew, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Latvian, Malay, Norwegian, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Serbian, Swedish, Swahili, Thai, Tagalog, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese and Zulu
=> Download link
=> MD5 sum: 3ec19a80224563200e801cd67f8eac19

=> Patches: Fixed insecure kernel / Fix "Android is upgrading" message during boot
=> Add-on update: Most recent version of GravityBox

V3.1MOD (02-11-2013):
  • Custom changes over the previous version:
    • Included all previously released standalone fixes
      • Fixed insecure kernel
      • Fix "Android is upgrading" message during boot
    • Fixed center position of unlock ring
    • Disabled JIT (fixes GPS speed and distance for sports tracking apps)
      • Includes some goodies from Android 4.4 such as brand new Google Experience launcher
    • Updated SuperSU application (v1.65)
    • Updated GravityBox (v2.67)
    • Included DualSIM Ringer (allows to set ringtone and notification sounds separately for each SIM)
=> Download link
=> MD5 sum: 3b34f5dee0578ce2fd6d147e153bd3f7

V4.0B0MOD (18-12-2013):
  • Based on official Android 4.2.1 ROM (ZTE China release: ZTE-CN-9B18D-P188F04V1.1.3 / Custom build: B01 ; Stock kernel 3.4.5)
  • Custom changes:
    • Pre-release (incremental update) containing new kernel, new baseband modem, updated libraries and kernel modules
=> Download link
=> MD5 sum: 79ad6abe4d0833fbc786dded54b438a8

GPL compliance:
Kernel 3.4.5 source code

Credits:
  • iBotPeaches and brut.all for apktool
  • Koush for his wonderfull CWM recovery, as well to all contibutors
  • amarullz for his amazing AROMA installer
  • Chainfire for SuperSU
  • C3C076 for the release of GravityBox, the biggest contribution of all time for all MT6589 based devices owners
  • ...and finally to all the devs whose apps, tweaks and scripts I have used on my custom ROMs

Please don't just leech the files and go away. You can easily say thanks just by pressing "Thanks" button.

Feel free to post your comments. I hope you all like it! ;)

XDA:DevDB Information
ZTE V987 (MT6589) custom ROMs (JB), a ROM for the Android General

Contributors
bgcngm
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2013-11-12
Last Updated 2014-05-03

Last edited:

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
Apr 2, 2007
Lisbon
HTC One (M8)
Xiaomi Mi 5
Tutorials

How to enter into recovery mode:

With ZTE V987 completely turned off, press and hold VOL. UP key and turn on the phone. Keep holding both keys, wait until the splash logo appears and then release keys.​

Navigation under recovery mode:

Stock recovery mode: As soon as the splash logo disappears, an image with a triangle and an Android will appear and BACK key must be pressed in order to access menu options. Navigation is made using VOLUME keys (navigate up with VOL. UP and navigate down with VOL. DOWN) and MENU key to apply the action.

Custom recovery mode: As soon as the splash logo disappears, ClockworkMod Recovery menu will appear. Navigation is made using VOLUME keys (navigate up with VOL. UP and navigate down with VOL. DOWN) and POWER key to apply the action.​

How to flash custom recovery:

Download the latest ZTE V987 custom recovery and follow this MT657x flashing tutorial.

Important: Use SP Flash Tool v3.1304.0.119 or higher.​

Flashing a new custom ROM via the SD card method (update.zip):

Read this guide to know more about ClockworkMod Recovery and how to flash a custom ROM.​

Last edited:

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
Apr 2, 2007
Lisbon
HTC One (M8)
Xiaomi Mi 5
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)

Question: I can't install your custom ROMs. Why? What am I doing wrong?
Answer: First of all you have to flash a custom recovery into your phone and then you are able to install my custom ROMs. Read the tutorials on post #2 to know the procedures.​

Question: I wanted to try one of your custom ROMs. Will I loose all my data after installing it?
Answer: It is advisable to clear all userdata when installing my custom ROM for the first time. During installation, you can choose whether or not to wipe userdata... If you are willing to do so, create a backup before ROM installation so that you are able to restore it later. The most recommended way is to use Titanium Backup to create a backup of your favorite applications.​

Question: In phone specifications it's stated that it has 4 GB of eMMC, but only approximately 500 MB are available for internal storage... Can you explain me the reason for that?
Answer: The phone has indeed 4 GB of eMMC. Part of it is used by system and cache partitions, while the rest of the size is divided into internal storage (approximately 900 MB) and an internal sdcard partition (approximately 2 GB). If you find that an internal sdcard partition is useless (and have a big external sdcard), you can extend userdata partition (internal sdcard partition completely disabled). Jump into post #4 to learn how to apply that mod.​

Question: How can I access hidden MediaTek engineering mode?
Answer: From phone's dialler type code *#*#3646633#*#*.​

Question: I don't have this phone, but mine is also based on the same MT6589 SoC. Can I still flash your recovery and install your custom ROMs?
Answer: Even though your phone is based on the same SoC, there may be differences in other hardware components. It is not likely that recovery and ROMs will work on your phone so you may risk to brick it.​

Question: Can I revert to stock ROM? If so, where can I get it from?
Answer: Sure, you can revert to stock ROM if you want. You just need to download the stock update.zip and flash it through recovery. To get a clean install, be sure to wipe all userdata first and then install the .zip. After first boot you'll even got stock recovery back. Following is the list of stock ROMs, available from official ZTE website:

Question: Is there any service manual for this phone?
Answer: Yes, here is the official link to V987 service manual.​

Question: Is there any video showing how to disassemble the phone?
Answer: There should be more, but this one should give you an idea. You may also like to know that the "back button problem" can be fixed following these instructions.​

Last edited:

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
Apr 2, 2007
Lisbon
HTC One (M8)
Xiaomi Mi 5
ZTE V987 internal memory re-partition

Initial notes:
  1. Make sure that you have a full nandroid backup of your current ROM. If not, boot into recovery mode and make one. This is very important if you want to restore userdata after internal memory is re-partitioned.
  2. Also make sure that you have a backup of your internal sdcard because it will be fully erased and disabled, depending on the applied modification.

Important: Use SP Flash Tool v3.1304.0.119 or higher.

Instructions:
Inital mod (fully extended userdata and no internal sdcard partition)

Warning: Use only with Android 4.1 based ROMs. Not compatible with Android 4.2 based ROMs, alternative mod should be applied instead (read bellow).

1. Download the first attachment and extract the files to your computer
  2. Copy disable_internal_sdcard.zip (included in the attached .zip) to the external sdcard
  3. Shutdown the phone
  4. Open SP Flash Tool v3.1304.0.119 (or higher) and load the scatter file
  5. Flash MBR, EBR1, EBR2 and RECOVERY as shown on the next image (read flashing tutorial first):

v987internalmemoryrepar.png

6. After flashing is complete, boot into recovery mode and format /data
  7. Optionally, if you want to restore previously saved userdata, go to nandroid backup / restore and restore data (advanced restore feature)
  8. Install disable_internal_sdcard.zip file through recovery mode
  9. Reboot your phone and enjoy your fully extended userdata partition

Alternative mod (2GB userdata and remaining space for internal sdcard partition)

Note: Can be used with Android 4.1 or 4.2 based ROMs. This one extends userdata partition to 2GB (stock size is 1GB) and the rest of the space remains for the internal sdcard. This was released in order to cope with some difficulties I had making the previous mod work with Android 4.2.1 based ROMs, so for that case this is in fact the only working mod.

Warning: If your phone has an Android 4.1 based custom ROM installed, already working with the initial mod and want to upgrade to a newer custom ROM, then this must be applied.

1. Download the second attachment and extract the files to your computer
  2. Shutdown the phone
  3. Open SP Flash Tool v3.1304.0.119 (or higher) and load the scatter file
  4. Flash MBR, EBR1, EBR2 (read flashing tutorial first)
  5. After flashing is complete, boot into recovery mode and format /data
  6. Optionally, if you want to restore previously saved userdata, go to nandroid backup / restore and restore data (advanced restore feature)
  7. Reboot your phone and enjoy your extended userdata partition

Last edited:

alexw801

Dec 11, 2011
Budapest
Bravo Bruno!

I am happy to be the first to reply in your new thread!
My ZTE V987 left Asia yesterday, I hope to see it soon.:good:

tommygogo

Oct 25, 2009
Thank you and I am user of V987 for few days.
I experienced a problem of auto switching flight mode during talking, which cut the call. It is like one or two times per day. Hope your rom helps.

BTW, the download link does not work.

Sathelp

Nov 27, 2007
Brean, Somerset
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Thanks Bruno, Just ordered mine, so hopefully here when I get back from my break and will be able to get your custom ROM installed. Some reviews say that this will work with 64G micro SD cards, do you know if this is true or is it really just 32G?

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
Apr 2, 2007
Lisbon
HTC One (M8)
Xiaomi Mi 5
I have posted the specifications according to the official ones (found here), but I also suspect that 64GB microSD cards might work. I don't have one, so I can't test and be totally sure of that. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: manowar2008

benzine

Oct 21, 2007
Hi Bruno,

I have been using your rom for my ZTE V970. It has been great, I do like it, and no longer stuck with Chinese rom.

At the moment, new ZTE V967s, having the same chip (MT6589) as V987 is on sale in China. I would like to update my V970 to this new V967s.

Could you please advise whether I can use your V987 CWM Recovery for rooting V967s?

Thanks for all your works on ZTE phones.

p82maarj

Dec 11, 2007
Seville
I'm Spanish,
I've also received it two days ago, I've rooted, installed CWM and updated to 3.20 rom which solve problems like return button and SD.
Do you know any Multilanguage ROM?.
Doesn't have task manager(task switcher)? I've tried al the home button combinations.
Like this:
q1eaS2Ghp73-YEvqWZOxxXeWQ_xlDawLcTGqvi6p8moT7o7-R8g5FcAkQbHmYHR0W8A

alexw801

Dec 11, 2011
Budapest
Which brand of SDHC

Dear All,
On ZTE V970 I had an error with LEXAR 32GB Class 10 SDHC card, it refused to work after some months, but later it was able to be formatted on PC.
Do somebody recommend which brands are most suitable for ZTE V987 smatphone? When we use after repartitioning, it works always, with high cycle numbers of writing and reading.

p82maarj

Dec 11, 2007
Seville
Is that question for real? Not sure if you read the first post... :confused:

:cyclops::cyclops::cyclops::eek::eek::eek:

Added support for the following languages: Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, German, Greek, Spanish, Finish, French, Croatian, Hungarian, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil), Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Serbian, Swedish, Turkish and Ukrainian

:good::good::good::good::good:

Thanks!!!

MSprecher

Sep 30, 2010
Hannover
Many thanks for another fantastic BMCustomROM

Hi Bruno,

installed your multilanguage ROM this morning and added the extended userdata mod. Everything works flawless and fast.

Very happy!
Matthias

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone!

In this thread you'll find all my custom ROMs for ZTE V987 (MT6589) smartphone. Please be sure to read this carefully in order to avoid unnecessary questions. ;)

Do not mirror my files, as I will always make sure links are working. :fingers-crossed: Instead, please share the link to this thread.

Tutorials and Frequently asked questions (FAQ):
    For tutorials jump into post #2.

For frequently asked questions (FAQ) jump into post #3.​

Version history (including download links):

V1.0MOD (23-04-2013):
    • Based on official Android 4.1.2 ROM (ZTE China release: ZTE-CN-9B18D-P188F04V1.0.1 / Custom build: B01 ; Stock kernel 3.4.5)
    • Custom changes:
      • Rooted (no need to root phone with third party applications) with SuperSU application (v1.25)
      • Disabled aee debugger daemon
      • Updated APN list (apns-conf.xml)
      • Updated TZ data (timezone data)
      • Added "Reboot" and "Reboot to recovery" options to power menu
      • Included Android 4.2.2 Clock and Camera/Gallery apps
      • Added optional AdFree hosts to system hosts file (blocks ads in several applications or games, for example Angry Birds)
      • Added support for the following languages: Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, German, Greek, Spanish, Finish, French, Croatian, Hungarian, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil), Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Serbian, Swedish, Turkish and Ukrainian
    => Download link
    => MD5 sum: 635a12b6cab992558a4911a51627a3d6

=> Patches: Titanium Backup hang-up fix
    => Mods: Phone dialer keys with Russian letters

V2.0MOD (07-06-2013):
    • Based on official Android 4.2.1 ROM (ZTE China release: ZTE-CN-9B18D-P188F04V1.1.1 / Custom build: B01 ; Stock kernel 3.4.5)
    • Custom changes:
      • Rooted (no need to root phone with third party applications) with SuperSU application (v1.32)
      • Disabled "vibrate on call connect" feature
      • Added support for the following languages: Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, German, Greek, Spanish, Finish, French, Croatian, Hungarian, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Serbian, Swedish, Turkish and Ukrainian
    => Download link
    => MD5 sum: ee35a15bcecfef2b891e4fd3c4969d9d

=> Patches: Titanium Backup hang-up fix / Fixed insecure kernel

V3.0MOD (03-08-2013):
    • Based on official Android 4.2.1 ROM (ZTE China release: ZTE-CN-9B18D-P188F04V1.1.1 / Custom build: B03 ; Stock kernel 3.4.5)
    • Custom changes:
      • Used B02 kernel to grant better sensitivity of soft-keys
      • Rooted (no need to root phone with third party applications) with SuperSU application (v1.51)
      • Busybox (v1.21.1) installed (including init.d support)
      • Integrated GravityBox (v1.85)
        • Patches Android's master key (bugs 8219321 and 9695860) vulnerabilities
        • Includes lots of system tweaks and fixes for common problems of MT6589 based devices
      • Added support for the following languages: Afrikaans, Armenian, Arabic, Bulgarian, Bengali, Catalan, Czech, Danish, German, Greek, Spanish, Farsi, Finish, French, Hindi, Croatian, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Hebrew, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Latvian, Malay, Norwegian, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Serbian, Swedish, Swahili, Thai, Tagalog, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese and Zulu
    => Download link
    => MD5 sum: 3ec19a80224563200e801cd67f8eac19

=> Patches: Fixed insecure kernel / Fix "Android is upgrading" message during boot

V3.1MOD (02-11-2013):
    • Custom changes over the previous version:
      • Included all previously released standalone fixes
        • Fixed insecure kernel
        • Fix "Android is upgrading" message during boot
      • Fixed center position of unlock ring
      • Disabled JIT (fixes GPS speed and distance for sports tracking apps)
        • Includes some goodies from Android 4.4 such as brand new Google Experience launcher
      • Updated SuperSU application (v1.65)
      • Updated GravityBox (v2.67)
      • Included DualSIM Ringer (allows to set ringtone and notification sounds separately for each SIM)
    => Download link
    => MD5 sum: 3b34f5dee0578ce2fd6d147e153bd3f7

V4.0B0MOD (18-12-2013):
    • Based on official Android 4.2.1 ROM (ZTE China release: ZTE-CN-9B18D-P188F04V1.1.3 / Custom build: B01 ; Stock kernel 3.4.5)
    • Custom changes:
      • Pre-release (incremental update) containing new kernel, new baseband modem, updated libraries and kernel modules
    => Download link
    => MD5 sum: 79ad6abe4d0833fbc786dded54b438a8

GPL compliance:
    Kernel 3.4.5 source code

Credits:
    • iBotPeaches and brut.all for apktool
    • Koush for his wonderfull CWM recovery, as well to all contibutors
    • amarullz for his amazing AROMA installer
    • Chainfire for SuperSU
    • C3C076 for the release of GravityBox, the biggest contribution of all time for all MT6589 based devices owners
    • ...and finally to all the devs whose apps, tweaks and scripts I have used on my custom ROMs

Please don't just leech the files and go away. You can easily say thanks just by pressing "Thanks" button.

Feel free to post your comments. I hope you all like it! ;)

XDA:DevDB Information
    ZTE V987 (MT6589) custom ROMs (JB), a ROM for the Android General

Contributors
    bgcngm
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2013-11-12
    Last Updated 2014-05-03
    Tutorials

How to enter into recovery mode:

With ZTE V987 completely turned off, press and hold VOL. UP key and turn on the phone. Keep holding both keys, wait until the splash logo appears and then release keys.​

Navigation under recovery mode:

Stock recovery mode: As soon as the splash logo disappears, an image with a triangle and an Android will appear and BACK key must be pressed in order to access menu options. Navigation is made using VOLUME keys (navigate up with VOL. UP and navigate down with VOL. DOWN) and MENU key to apply the action.

Custom recovery mode: As soon as the splash logo disappears, ClockworkMod Recovery menu will appear. Navigation is made using VOLUME keys (navigate up with VOL. UP and navigate down with VOL. DOWN) and POWER key to apply the action.​

How to flash custom recovery:

Download the latest ZTE V987 custom recovery and follow this MT657x flashing tutorial.

Important: Use SP Flash Tool v3.1304.0.119 or higher.​

Flashing a new custom ROM via the SD card method (update.zip):

Read this guide to know more about ClockworkMod Recovery and how to flash a custom ROM.​
    ZTE V987 internal memory re-partition

Initial notes:
    1. Make sure that you have a full nandroid backup of your current ROM. If not, boot into recovery mode and make one. This is very important if you want to restore userdata after internal memory is re-partitioned.
    2. Also make sure that you have a backup of your internal sdcard because it will be fully erased and disabled, depending on the applied modification.

Important: Use SP Flash Tool v3.1304.0.119 or higher.

Instructions:
    Inital mod (fully extended userdata and no internal sdcard partition)

Warning: Use only with Android 4.1 based ROMs. Not compatible with Android 4.2 based ROMs, alternative mod should be applied instead (read bellow).

1. Download the first attachment and extract the files to your computer
    2. Copy disable_internal_sdcard.zip (included in the attached .zip) to the external sdcard
    3. Shutdown the phone
    4. Open SP Flash Tool v3.1304.0.119 (or higher) and load the scatter file
    5. Flash MBR, EBR1, EBR2 and RECOVERY as shown on the next image (read flashing tutorial first):

v987internalmemoryrepar.png

6. After flashing is complete, boot into recovery mode and format /data
    7. Optionally, if you want to restore previously saved userdata, go to nandroid backup / restore and restore data (advanced restore feature)
    8. Install disable_internal_sdcard.zip file through recovery mode
    9. Reboot your phone and enjoy your fully extended userdata partition

Alternative mod (2GB userdata and remaining space for internal sdcard partition)

Note: Can be used with Android 4.1 or 4.2 based ROMs. This one extends userdata partition to 2GB (stock size is 1GB) and the rest of the space remains for the internal sdcard. This was released in order to cope with some difficulties I had making the previous mod work with Android 4.2.1 based ROMs, so for that case this is in fact the only working mod.

Warning: If your phone has an Android 4.1 based custom ROM installed, already working with the initial mod and want to upgrade to a newer custom ROM, then this must be applied.

1. Download the second attachment and extract the files to your computer
    2. Shutdown the phone
    3. Open SP Flash Tool v3.1304.0.119 (or higher) and load the scatter file
    4. Flash MBR, EBR1, EBR2 (read flashing tutorial first)
    5. After flashing is complete, boot into recovery mode and format /data
    6. Optionally, if you want to restore previously saved userdata, go to nandroid backup / restore and restore data (advanced restore feature)
    7. Reboot your phone and enjoy your extended userdata partition
    Frequently asked questions (FAQ)

Question: I can't install your custom ROMs. Why? What am I doing wrong?
    Answer: First of all you have to flash a custom recovery into your phone and then you are able to install my custom ROMs. Read the tutorials on post #2 to know the procedures.​

Question: I wanted to try one of your custom ROMs. Will I loose all my data after installing it?
    Answer: It is advisable to clear all userdata when installing my custom ROM for the first time. During installation, you can choose whether or not to wipe userdata... If you are willing to do so, create a backup before ROM installation so that you are able to restore it later. The most recommended way is to use Titanium Backup to create a backup of your favorite applications.​

Question: In phone specifications it's stated that it has 4 GB of eMMC, but only approximately 500 MB are available for internal storage... Can you explain me the reason for that?
    Answer: The phone has indeed 4 GB of eMMC. Part of it is used by system and cache partitions, while the rest of the size is divided into internal storage (approximately 900 MB) and an internal sdcard partition (approximately 2 GB). If you find that an internal sdcard partition is useless (and have a big external sdcard), you can extend userdata partition (internal sdcard partition completely disabled). Jump into post #4 to learn how to apply that mod.​

Question: How can I access hidden MediaTek engineering mode?
    Answer: From phone's dialler type code *#*#3646633#*#*.​

Question: I don't have this phone, but mine is also based on the same MT6589 SoC. Can I still flash your recovery and install your custom ROMs?
    Answer: Even though your phone is based on the same SoC, there may be differences in other hardware components. It is not likely that recovery and ROMs will work on your phone so you may risk to brick it.​

Question: Can I revert to stock ROM? If so, where can I get it from?
    Answer: Sure, you can revert to stock ROM if you want. You just need to download the stock update.zip and flash it through recovery. To get a clean install, be sure to wipe all userdata first and then install the .zip. After first boot you'll even got stock recovery back. Following is the list of stock ROMs, available from official ZTE website:

Question: Is there any service manual for this phone?
    Answer: Yes, here is the official link to V987 service manual.​

Question: Is there any video showing how to disassemble the phone?
    Answer: There should be more, but this one should give you an idea. You may also like to know that the "back button problem" can be fixed following these instructions.​
    So, here's a pre-release for anyone that wants to get a taste of the latest official ROM (ZTE China release ZTE-CN-9B18D-P188F04V1.1.3 / Custom build: B01). The update includes the new kernel, a new baseband modem, updated libraries and kernel modules. Only difference when compared to the latest official ROM is framework and system apps. :cool: I don't have time for a full release right now, hope you understand.

EDIT: Ohhh, forgot to mention that I have also removed the previously added tweak that disabled JIT compilation, which was highly advised as referred over here. No need to do it manually. ;)