Gingerbread AOSP

Search This thread
Gingerbread 2.3.3????

Hmm, maybe the apps in the sourceforge git are odexed? I used the same make procedure as dzo outlined on the first post of fresh froyo, changing froyo to gingerbread, as he suggested here, and I did not use any odex method on the resulting files.

Sent from my Android on HTC Kaiser using XDA App

Hmmmm Has development stopped on the Gingerbread builds? been waiting for the next updates...Anyone?

goducks3620

Aug 17, 2009
Miami
I knew the day would come but still :( . I will definitely try gingerbread on this phone first though.

Sent from my Full Android on Vogue using XDA App

scooter1556

Feb 13, 2008
Bristol
With the exception of scooter, dev for vogue has all but stopped.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA Premium App

I'm slowly getting my android stuff set back up after managing to lose it all. I've got to sort out some overlay stuff and hardware tweaks and hopefully i will be able to release an updates cyanogenmod build. I haven't got time at the minute really but in a month or so when i've done my uni assignments i'll overhaul the AOSP build and finish some work i was doing on the kernel.

Reactions: ennetws

rodeo_lar

Feb 1, 2010
Great release thanks a lot !
I got this to work pretty smoothly on my sprint htc vogue.
Used: system-gingerbread-10-01-11_17 with Kernel 2.6.32.9
I had Email (exchange) working with Froyo but with this release when I try to setup with gingerbread its unable to finish setup "This server requires security features your phone does not support"

With Froyo the mail server would want me to setup the screen lock and request other permissions.

Any clue on how to get this working?

Thanks

n2rjt

Try Enhanced Email, a pay app that is based on modifications to the standard email app. You can find a thread on it somewhere on xda developers. I found the app well worth the price.

Reactions: Den15

bigguy_0420

Dec 12, 2010
hey

got it running on my htc vogue {alltel(verizon}) lags a bit but not bad i use my storage card just three questions 1.is there a way to tether Internet i use windows mobile Internet sharing on my computer 2 has anybody had problems with battery life on older versions my phone would die quick haven't timed this software though 3 if i install it to internal memory will it run better Ive been nervous of doing it for messing up my phone

-Arturo-

Oct 7, 2007
I'm uploading to here us, eu, and all languages builds of dzo's Gingerbread AOSP. I have not modified anything in the build, just rebuilt with latest repo and no odex, as some have requested.

It does seem to build and run. Since I use l1q1d's kernel, I also need to install his androidupdate.tgz to get the kernel modules.

I have tried this mixed with the January 20th gapps, but it fails to boot. I don't have time to straighten that out now. Maybe someone else can give it a go.

Looking forward to further updates from DZO!

N2rjt did you have a chance to fix cell tower location for kaisers in this build?

n2rjt

No sorry. I checked but this gingerbread build already does the same in ril and xml as the working Froyo. I still use fresh froyo, and havent tried gingerbread since january. Building it requires 64 bit, which I dont have. I borrowed one to build the ones you quoted, but it never worked for me. I also lost access to my sourceforge account so havent been able to push updates even to fresh froyo or the kernel. Im also, frankly, losing interest. I am tired of having a primary phone that tends to miss calls and lock up when i need it most. Ill probably soon have a new phone.

thoughtlesskyle

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia
No sorry. I checked but this gingerbread build already does the same in ril and xml as the working Froyo. I still use fresh froyo, and havent tried gingerbread since january. Building it requires 64 bit, which I dont have. I borrowed one to build the ones you quoted, but it never worked for me. I also lost access to my sourceforge account so havent been able to push updates even to fresh froyo or the kernel. Im also, frankly, losing interest. I am tired of having a primary phone that tends to miss calls and lock up when i need it most. Ill probably soon have a new phone.

yea this project was a fun ride but i think its coming to a hault, i think their are only about 4 dev's left for it now, you always have the inspire ;)

-Arturo-

Oct 7, 2007

Oh well...back to froyo then:)

Why don't you go back to '25 kernel if you are so fed up with constant lock ups and missed calls? Generally the kernel is very stable both on nand and SD and it can go for weeks without any problems for me whereas '32 kernels, and I tried at least a few, are a one big nightmare. If Scoot's CM7 wouldn't require '32 kernel I would ditch froyo in a heart beat.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've built the Gingerbread AOSP release for Vogue and a system image is here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/androidhtc/files/system-gingerbread-29-12-10_22.tgz/download

It's not perfect yet and as you know I don't have a connected vogue any more but it should be good as a base for other roms and for testing.

The camera now works and the dialler and other activities should fit better.

This is now european languages only to make the image smaller and is android version 2.3.1 grh78

Happy xmas.

To build it, follow the instructions in the first post of the fresh froyo thread using "-b gingerbread" instead of "-b froyo" in the first command.
    New system image, see first post.

European languages only (makes it much smaller) and updated to 2.3.1.

Still no working GPS.
    Ok, try unzipping the attached into /system/lib/hw/gps.msm7k.so
    This should work but no guarantees....
    Here's my build. It has the calendar and contact sync features intact. .32 kernel modules are also included.

I've edited the link, it should work now.
    I also had the issue with the untracked pid with the 30/12 build.

By merging in libhardware_legacy.so from the 29/12 build, but using the rest from the 30th build, I got it to boot.

I have also merged in /etc/passwd, CRKO commander, Connectbot and the .32 modules (so you don't need to apply that update) along with Gmail and Market from 30/12.

Download here.