[HTC One X+] Cases/Pouches/Screen protection thread

Search This thread

rspkt

Nov 24, 2012
Google Pixel 7
Not impressed

I still haven't really seen any cases that I like after about a week of browsing the web and checking out the local AT&T store. The hardest part is I love how thin the phone is and I really refuse to make it much thicker so my options aren't that great. I might just skip using one all together

:(

Shott3r

Feb 28, 2010
San Jose
I like this - Should be delivered tomorrow :D

37063.jpg

I ordered from Amazon, but mobilefun now have stock (see here)

My HOX+ is the dark one - I think it'll look bettet than the white in that case...

Could you post pictures of this case? I am tempted to get it over the Seidio case from Best Buy. I am in love with the sleekness but the grippiness is great too unlike my old Nexus S or the original HOX.

Thanks.

Schumi 01

Dec 17, 2009
Caerphilly
Could you post pictures of this case? I am tempted to get it over the Seidio case from Best Buy. I am in love with the sleekness but the grippiness is great too unlike my old Nexus S or the original HOX.

Thanks.

Here you go.

And the other case i have is from Incipio.

Attachments

• IMAG0227.jpg
    IMAG0227.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 674
  • IMAG0226.jpg
    IMAG0226.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 655
Reactions: vakbrain

mgymnop

Jan 17, 2010
San Diego
I have the white speck case from AT&T. It is ugly and the buttons are hard to press. As soon as I find something better this goes into the trash.

baste07

Jun 22, 2009
Manila
After a couple of tries i've fitted the otterbox commuter case fine. Its now a good fit and excellent case

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

somemadcaaant

Apr 28, 2010
Android Wear
OnePlus 7T Pro
Dimensions are identical to the original One X, maybe the new softer touch back makes it more difficult to inert into cases?

Pulled from the HTC site.

HTC One X+ SIZE: 134.36 x 69.9 x 8.9mm
HTC One X SIZE: 134.36 x 69.9 x 8.9 mm

I'll be getting a white HOX+ Monday then probs a pouch as its too nice to cover up.

Coming from other non HTC phones, I wonder why HTC doesn't put all the official accessories on their site for us to drool over, very strange.

-smc

Schumi 01

Dec 17, 2009
Caerphilly
Thank you. Not to be a bother, but what I really wanted to see as well was the front and sides of the HTC honeycomb case. Does it raise the glass off the surface when the phone is face down?

No worries, i have just done a side pic view, it is not the best, but it does pick it up off the surface by just a little bit, i shone a torch behind it , and i could see the torch shining through. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• IMAG0237.jpg
    IMAG0237.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 626
  • IMAG0238.jpg
    IMAG0238.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 617
Last edited:

rspkt

Nov 24, 2012
Google Pixel 7
Guess that's another idea...

I agree rspkt, that's why I use a pouch.
I'd be worried about it accidentally falling out of the pouch or just being annoying to have to pull it out of your pocket and then pull it out of it's pouch to use it. I've never really used a pouch for any electronic device so I'm not sure I'd be into that solution.

I'm half tempted to just push my luck and just go with a screen protector and leave it at that. I already dropped the phone once from about 3-4 feet on the non-skid floor on my boat (basically very coarse grit sandpaper) and no scratches or dings on the case's sides, back or screen which it slid on a few feet. Quite impressed plus I do like the slim profile of the phone and the sorta soft rubber feeling HTC put on the phone.

Last edited:

Diesel321

I'd be worried about it accidentally falling out of the pouch or just being annoying to have to pull it out of your pocket and then pull it out of it's pouch to use it. I've never really used a pouch for any electronic device so I'm not sure I'd be into that solution.

I'm half tempted to just push my luck and just go with a screen protector and leave it at that. I already dropped the phone once from about 3-4 feet on the non-skid floor on my boat (basically very coarse grit sandpaper) and no scratches or dings on the case's sides, back or screen which it slid on a few feet. Quite impressed plus I do like the slim profile of the phone and the sorta soft rubber feeling HTC put on the phone.

Armor Suit makes a carbon fiber skin I just got a screen protector from them and want to check out that skin. Looks pretty tough without making the phone any bigger.

Never Die!

alexverzosa

Feb 15, 2012
Manila
I believe the X and the X+ are identical dimensions-wise and with respect to port/button/aperture location. Just got a SGP Ultra Thin Air for the One X and it fits the X+ perfectly.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using xda app-developers app

slozo

Dec 7, 2012
Manchester
I got a TPU case for on One X+ from ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150841741445?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
This thing is a perfect fit and really still keeps the low profile of the phone while looking good. Grip is still very nice and it slides into my pocket. What is really nice is the case protects the area around the camera lens so you can lay your phone down and not worry about the lens. Can't beat the price either.

This case looks real good. Could you please post like 3 pics; side view, from back and one front view pic?

I use Rock Naked Shell
pretty nice one, good feeling and very thin

Does this case provides the camera lens with protection?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello :)

I have receive the official Housse case V701 and I want to share my review with you :)

IMG_4023b.jpg

So you can start by reading my article there:

Official HTC Housse case for HTC One X+

There is lot of pictures & a video :)

or watch the video there:

Enjoy :)
    I actually sent HTC an email asking if the One X cases would also fit the One X+. They assured me that the two phones had the exact same dimensions and all cases for the One X should fit the X+.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2
    Om nom nom nom NICE ONE !! Whats the model of this blue case?

It's the HTC Hard Shell PJ83100 in Black and Cobalt Blue. Only place that has it in [limited] stock is Amazon (link). If you're into the "feather" or slim cases, don't even bother with the Incipio or Case-Mate, the quality and looks of this HTC case is 10000X above.

I'm sure some are curious about the camera lens, and yes, the case extends just a tiny bit beyond the lens to protect it when laid out on a table or such.

Here is a picture I just took of my HOX+ in the case.

IMG_1498.jpg

IMG_1499.jpg
    Use this thread for anything related to cases/pouches or screen protectors
    Again, that's because older HTC's and iPhones all have a FLAT display. The One X+ display is not flat, it has a curvature towards the side, you can see it clearly. Applying a screen protector on that is impossible.

Well, thankfully this is not true! I installed the skinomi screen protector 3 days ago and it covers 100% of the screen, even the black outline that is slightly curved left and right. It covers 100% of the glass. It fits so perfectly that it is very hard to distinguish if there is a screen protector or not. I ll try to upload some photos later. It was a bit pricey but definitely worth it! Also the installation was very easy. A detailed tutorial on how to apply can be found here