USA Only: Galaxy Nexus $399 direct from Google

Search This thread

Dark lord me

Apr 16, 2011
Surrey
‎[US Only] Starting today, you can buy Galaxy Nexus on Google Play. This Galaxy Nexus costs $399 and arrives at your door unlocked, without a carrier commitment or contract. Use Galaxy Nexus on the GSM network of your choice, including T-Mobile and AT&T in the US.

Galaxy Nexus is the latest smartphone from Google featuring Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich (with Android Beam and Google+ mobile hangouts), the best Google mobile services and fastest updates directly from Google.

This unlocked Galaxy Nexus also has Google Wallet pre-installed, so you can pay quickly by tapping your Galaxy Nexus wherever MasterCard PayPass is accepted. Get $10 in your account as a Google Prepaid Card after you activate Google Wallet.

Learn more at google.com/nexus, and get your unlocked Galaxy Nexus on Google Play: play.google.com/store/devices

Now umm how about opening it up to other countries. I wish I didn't get one on another three year contract a few months ago if it were this price i'd but outright.

This also boosts the rumour of Google opening up their own store for devices.

I can also see everyone on the Marketplace freaking out right now..

Reviewers

Mar 5, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I just jumped for joy, I put my HTC Amaze 4G on Craigslist someones coming in about an hour to pick it up for $280 with ICS 4.0.3 on it a leaked update and I'm picking up this Galaxy Nexus.

TJBunch1228

Feb 6, 2010
Bought mine this morning. Selling the wife's G2x. We'll have the GSII and the Galaxy Nexus. I bought it for her, but hopefully she'll share!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA

bzmotoninja83

Nov 11, 2010
Hopewell
Te local HHGREGG sent out the monthly flyer and had the GNEX for VZW for $199...... Dunno if its a good deal but hey.....

Sent from my X10i using XDA

worldindo1

Dec 8, 2011
Do I have warranty in other countries like Germany, if I buy the Nexus in the US?

I'm not quite sure of this, but if you have a local Best Buy they might cover it under the GeekSquad Black Tie plan. I've never asked GS if they cover devices you bought from somewhere other than Best Buy, but it's definitely worth a shot. If anyone knows whether or not they do feel free to reply to my post.

kmandel

Aug 13, 2010
Is there more than one model of GSM Galaxy Nexus?

I imagine that the $399 offer will drive down the price on the used market on EBAY, and I'm wondering if all the GSM Galaxy Nexus are identical. I know there are differences between other Samsung manufactured units meant for the European market when compared with the US carrier versions. For example some European models have FM radios and US versions don't.

revan17

Dec 23, 2010
Zagreb
Does this work with other European, Croatia to be specific, carriers without problems? I have some friends in the US which can buy it for me.

Censura_Umbra

Apr 10, 2011
Boston, MA
It is supposedly locked to US carriers only (but unlocked to any US carrier)

You would probably have to unlock it further, unless Samsung locked it down like the Motorola Photon

revan17

Dec 23, 2010
Zagreb
It says: With devices on Google Play, you can buy an unlocked Galaxy Nexus phone that will operate on more than 200 GSM providers worldwide, including AT&T and T-Mobile in the US.

So I guess it works with my operator(Tele2). It only states in US it will not work on Verizon and Srint.

I was asking more if US phones have different hardware parts or whatever, as compared to European models. But if iPhone works here, I guess this phone does as well. Just wanted to make sure.

deecee52

Jul 11, 2006
Any one know if I use this on AT&T and will be forced into their data plan?

I have the original Nexus One. I used mediaNet for about four months before AT$T forced me to switch. I argued for another 6 weeks or so, kept giving them the imei of my HTC startek but in the end, I caved.

I am very tempted with this, although in some ways it seems like a side step and not a leap forward. I have been very happy with the N1.

Ironically, I am still with AT$T, still unhappy there, but not much for choices because of coverage and my kids keep eating up my upgrades. So I pay full price for my phone and full price at AT$T.

But I can say I'm not locked into a carrier???

GideonX

Jun 10, 2010
NYC
www.droidhype.com
They all have the same hardware, even the Verizon one, except Verizon has 32gb storage.

I wouldn't exactly call the VZW version the same as the GSM version.

Aside from the obvious CDMA vs. GSM difference, the CDMA version is heavier and thicker. Heck, you can't even swap batteries between the two so there are differences in the actual hardware.

Top Liked Posts