[RECOVERY][CWM] ClockworkMod v6.0.2.7 Touch v14.4.6 | exFAT support (01/11/13)

Search This thread

sk8erwitskil

Apr 11, 2010
San Jose
Oh ok, thanks sk8er... I was looking for another recovery and hadn't read up on it so... maybe I will give this another shot.:eek: (I'm actually coming from your other recovery -CWMR 5.5.0.4)

if you havent had any problems with 5.5.0.4 and like that format you can go into cwm 6.0.1.2 and go to backup and restore and change backup format to tar and you will have the same backup format as 5504. :)

I hate to ask this but how do I know if it's located there or not?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium

if you use a file manager app or mount your sdcard and find out if .android_secure is on either /emmc or /sdcard or if you have a rom that does it the other way see if it is on /sdcard/external_sd or /sdcard. if you have an /emmc folder and it lives on /sdcard then its external.

suaverc118

Mar 19, 2012
Here's what I came up with.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1345596711245.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1345596711245.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 423

sk8erwitskil

Apr 11, 2010
San Jose
Here's what I came up with.

so it looks like you were using a ROM that put it on your external sdcard but sometime after june 7 you switched to a rom that now uses it on your internal sdcard since the one on your internal was accessed on august 20. so download the normal version and it will backup the correct folder :)

suaverc118

Mar 19, 2012
so it looks like you were using a ROM that put it on your external sdcard but sometime after june 7 you switched to a rom that now uses it on your internal sdcard since the one on your internal was accessed on august 20. so download the normal version and it will backup the correct folder :)

You are awesome sk8! Thanks! That's probably why I couldn't use my previous nandroid. So when I flash this cwm will I need to flash a new nandroid??

suaverc118

Mar 19, 2012
Same place

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

This is my old one. When I flashed this new recovery i did a nandroid to external I believe. But I don't see it. Also with my rom manager app do I delete it or do I still need it? And if I need it what do I do next? Sorry for all the questions. Just so used to the old way

suaverc118

Mar 19, 2012
This is my old one. When I flashed this new recovery i did a nandroid to external I believe. But I don't see it. Also with my rom manager app do I delete it or do I still need it? And if I need it what do I do next? Sorry for all the questions. Just so used to the old way

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1345608307417.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1345608307417.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 342

noodles2224

Jan 10, 2009
thats already been talked about. the first backup takes longer because of the dedupe format. incremental backups are much quicker. do a google search for koush dedupe clockworkmod 6 and youll see. i dont have the energy to explain it again.

correct. because /sdcard/external_sd is how your OS mounts it. but in recovery it will be mounted as /sdcard. for samsung devices the stock way to mount storage is: internal = /emmc, external = /sdcard. depending on what rom you use though the developer of that rom may change the way that the OS mounts it because he prefers a different way. but in recovery i set it to be internal = /emmc, external = /sdcard

Ok thanks, so second one it is then. Btw, i just have the stock ICS for tmobile.

Sent from my SGH-T989

manekineko

Jul 26, 2009
I notice in 6.0.1.2 non-touch at least, under advanced the option for "partition internal sdcard" is back.

This was removed by sk8erwitskil in CWM5 with warnings that it could brick our phones.

Has this been solved or is this a bug that it's back?

It sure would be great to be able to repartition my phone's internal storage to get more space for apps and less for media storage, or even to eliminate the media storage entirely like on the Galaxy Nexus!

I'm reposting this from blackwing's thread here at this suggestion to talk to sk8erwitskil directly.

sk8erwitskil

Apr 11, 2010
San Jose
I notice in 6.0.1.2 non-touch at least, under advanced the option for "partition internal sdcard" is back.

This was removed by sk8erwitskil in CWM5 with warnings that it could brick our phones.

Has this been solved or is this a bug that it's back?

It sure would be great to be able to repartition my phone's internal storage to get more space for apps and less for media storage, or even to eliminate the media storage entirely like on the Galaxy Nexus!

I'm reposting this from blackwing's thread here at this suggestion to talk to sk8erwitskil directly.

i only took it out because there was really no use for it and unless you are an experienced user you could really do damage to your device. there was no bug that caused problems for this particular device. if you would like that option added in you can PM me and i will make a private version for you but i do not want to make a public one since there will be people out there who dont use it right and then come blaming me that i bricked their device.

Reactions: tas350kts

suaverc118

Mar 19, 2012
you have to see where your ROM mounts your external storage. in recovery i have all the mount points set correctly so if you selected backup to external then its there. the way recovery mounts your partitions and the way your ROM mounts your partitions are different.

So I have no worries it should be there. if I did a backup correct? Btw it looks very nice. With astro it shows only sdcard0, im assuming external is 01? How can I get it to see it? Again thanks

Sent from my SGH-T849 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 07:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 AM ----------

Crap I just flashed your 10 and now you have a new one?? Lol! Do I have to do a new nandroid if I flash this new one or is my latest one ok?

manekineko

Jul 26, 2009
i only took it out because there was really no use for it and unless you are an experienced user you could really do damage to your device. there was no bug that caused problems for this particular device. if you would like that option added in you can PM me and i will make a private version for you but i do not want to make a public one since there will be people out there who dont use it right and then come blaming me that i bricked their device.

Well actually, like I noted, it's already an option in there.

How could using this cause bricks or otherwise damage the phone? Is it doing something more than reallocating the space among the partitions in internal memory?

sk8erwitskil

Apr 11, 2010
San Jose
So I have no worries it should be there. if I did a backup correct? Btw it looks very nice. With astro it shows only sdcard0, im assuming external is 01? How can I get it to see it? Again thanks

---------- Post added at 07:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 AM ----------

Crap I just flashed your 10 and now you have a new one?? Lol! Do I have to do a new nandroid if I flash this new one or is my latest one ok?

no you do not need to make a new one between versions. all cwm6 backups are compatible with all cwm6 versions

Well actually, like I noted, it's already an option in there.

How could using this cause bricks or otherwise damage the phone? Is it doing something more than reallocating the space among the partitions in internal memory?

yah its an option in stock but i took it out of my version. idk exactly what its doing as it hasnt been something ive ever looked into. i can take a look

Reactions: manekineko

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IRC on freenode: #sk8erwitskil

NEW: I have created a script to easily update to the latest version of my recovery.
    - Download this file ----> updater.sh (updated to fix typo)
    - Put it on your sdcard
    - open adb and type:
    Code:
    su
    sh /mnt/sdcard/updater.sh skyrocket
    - it will reboot you into recovery
    - starting in v14.2.1 it will automatically start installing and reboot when its done

Note: If your sdcard is not mounted on /mnt/sdcard then open the script and change the line that says path=/mnt/sdcard/sk8sUpdater to match your mount point. i.e. ICS users may have to change it to say path=/mnt/emmc/sk8sUpdater

I have ported touch recovery to Clockworkmod 6. I will be making updates to this just like my other touch recovery. I have added a few menu items and tweaks to make it like my CWM5 recovery.

Looking through the cwm code more in depth i have noticed MANY flaws with the code for new(er) phones that use /emmc instead of /sdcard as the main storage. i have now fixed those flaws in v9+.

Here is a video of how it works: --------> YOUTUBE LINK

Flashable zip:
    cwm6027touch_v14.4.6_hercules.zip: ---------> DOWNLOAD

Thanks to :
    gweedo767 (for creating the original touch recovery)
    koush (for creating CWM)
    PhilZ (for his amazing improvements and help with applying universal touch code) BIG THANKS!

PREVIOUS VERSIONS:
    Code:
    v1:
    [CODE]initial release

v2:
    Code:
    - updated to latest version of clockworkmod
    - add reboot download option
    - add reboot recovery option
    - add power off option
    - change font size
    - add various internal/external sdcard options from cwm 5.5.0.4 touch recovery
    - change order of internal/external sdcard so internal comes first on backup/restore/install

v3:
    Code:
    - add support for phones that sdcard mounts as external_sd
    - fix the line below the menu to actually be below the menu
    - clean up the "andy the android" picture. (if you make a backup you will see that the picture in the background has been poorly edited. there are bits of black spots around him)
    - JellyBean Background

v4:
    Code:
    - fixed missing slash that was not allowing installs from external sdcard

v5:
    Code:
    - update to latest version of CWM 6.0.0.8

v6:
    Code:
    - updated to latest version of CWM 6.0.0.9
    - added ability to delete nandroids from recovery (in backup and restore menu)
    - changed order of internal/external so external comes first
    - fix timestamp creation on backups

v7:
    Code:
    - updated to latest version of CWM 6.0.1.0
    - fixed bug that would not allow backup of /system

v8:
    Code:
    - update to latest version of CWM 6.0.1.1
    - allow customization of backup format (dedupe/tar)
    - use minizip tool instead of e2fsck, etc.
    - more....

v9:
    Code:
    - update to latest version CWM 6.0.1.2
    - fixed bug where backing up to external wouldnt backup /emmc/.android_secure
    - ADDED DUAL LUNFILE SUPPORT! (thanks to topprospect for this!)
       -- what this does is when you mount USB storage you 
           will see both of your sdcards mount at the same time
    - various /emmc fixes (recovery now looks for all clockworkmod "." files in /emmc instead of /sdcard)
       - this is useful for people who dont use an external sdcard at all

v10:
    Code:
    - grabbed latest commits to official CWM 6
    - added new extras menu (look in 2nd post for info)
    - some other stuff i dont remember

v11:
    Code:
    - fixed hide nandroid progress bug (it now works)
    - added sk8's fix permissions option (logging is disabled so it runs faster and it also clears stale data directories)
    - fixed bug where normal fix permissions wouldnt create a log to correct location
    - cleaned up some syntax

v12:
    Code:
    - added darkside wipe/super wipe built in
    - added aroma file manager built in
    - added ability to backup/restore the /efs partition
    - cleaned up oneconfirm/hidenandroidprogess features to be one menu item
    - more......

v12.5:
    Code:
    - fixed bug where darkside cache scripts wouldnt work
    - added option to create a custom zip (read 2nd post)

v13:
    Code:
    - report log gets copied to /emmc instead of /sdcard
    - add support for roms without busybox (stock roms) to create a custom rom zip
    - add support for openrecoveryscript (read [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=31093552&postcount=344"]THIS[/URL])
    - add support to choose a custom created openrecoveryscript
    - use goo-manager to flash roms and create openrecoveryscripts
    - now detects where android_secure is automatically
    - fix ors-mount.sh to work even if 'sdcard' is in the path
    - misc code cleanups.....

v13.1
    Code:
    - bug fixes
    - android_secure fixes

v13.2
    Code:
    - that pesky android_secure - bugfixes for restoring android_secure

v13.3
    Code:
    - updated to latest 6.0.1.4
    - some bugfixes
    - added option to select where android_secure lives (hopefully this is the last time. i promise)

v13.4:
    Code:
    - updated aroma file manager to latest version

v13.5:
    Code:
    - add initial support for whole-device encryption (thanks topprospect)

v14:
    Code:
    - updated to latest CWM 6.0.1.5
    - fixed some mtdutils issues
    - added a bootanimation changer

v14.1:
    Code:
    - not released

v14.2:
    Code:
    - added bootanimation change selection from external sdcard
    - added newest aroma filemanager w/ console support (you can use terminal in recovery)
    - updated to latest changes of official CWM
    - added support for Android 4.2
    - zip file now installs updater.sh to your internal sdcard
    - updated updater.sh to fix typo

v14.2.1:
    Code:
    - openrecoveryscript automatically runs if script is found in /cache/recovery/
        - this is good for using my updater.sh or goomanager

v14.3
    Code:
    - skipping this number to keep in line with my other devices

v14.3.1
    Code:
    - lots and lots of under the hood improvements
    - re-wrote OpenRecoveryScript and efs backup/restore code
       - these work alot better now (thanks so much to PhilZ for his amazing help)
    - add option to backup/restore boot.img from sdcard
    - now using latest stable kernel
    - completely re-wrote the touch code for some improvements
       - now to select you tap anywhere on the screen
    - fixed some typos
    - made my source code universally compatible with all phones using ICS or greater
    - compiling in jellybean base recovery code now
    Code:
    v14.4
    - fixed soft keys (virtual keys on bottom) (credit to PhilZ for this)
    - reverted back to swipe to select
    - tweaked some features in the extras menu
    Code:
    v14.4.1
    - messed up on the mount points so i fixed them now
    - added some buffer to fix ability to accidentally select wrong item
    Code:
    v14.4.5
    - skipped some versions because they were made for other phones
    - re-wrote the create custom backup feature to be universal now with all phones/roms (thanks to PhilZ for the help)
    - added new settings menu
        - add ability to change timezone
        - added /preload support [B](must go and enable it in misc nandroid settings)[/B]
    - add rom name to nandroid names
    - more i just cant remember now....
    [/CODE]
    Current Version:
    v14.4.6
    - added exFAT support
    - some under the hood optimizations

Major update to how touch works now:
    UP - swipe finger up on screen
    DOWN - swipe finger down on screen
    SELECT - swipe finger from left to right
    BACK - swipe from right to left

SOURCE: https://github.com/sk8erwitskil/touch_recovery_cm10

This is what the new dedupe format does. This is a direct quote from the original creator of clockworkmod:
    Code:
    ClockworkMod Recovery now deduplicates files between builds. This results in way smaller backups.
    Don't delete /sdcard(or emmc)/clockworkmod/blobs

Overview
    I've gotten a few questions about how this works, so I figured I'd make a post on it.

Basically, here's what happens:

The files being backed up are hashed (sha256, not that it matters). Then it checks for a file with the name of the hash in
    /sdcard/clockworkmod/blobs

So, if the hash of the file was c5273884b90d490134e7737b29a65405cea0f7bb786ca82c6337ceb24de6f5ed, it looks for /sdcard/clockworkmod/blobs/c5273884b90d490134e7737b29a65405cea0f7bb786ca82c6337ceb24de6f5ed

If the hash file is found, it continues on to the next file. Otherwise, it copies the file to the blobs directory with the file name being the hash.

ROMs and user data, for the most part, do not change too much between builds and backups. So, your APKs, system files, etc, are generally only stored once. This saves a ton of space. Especially between incremental backups.

Some of you may be thinking "well, how do I delete a backup?".
    First, never delete the blobs directory. This would actually delete all your backups by rendering them unusable.
    Simply delete the usual backup directory, and the next time you run a backup, all the unused hash files will be automatically delete (a process known as garbage collection). The recovery will show "Freeing space..." while this is happening.
    Whats in the extras menu?

- change bootanimation (this lets you select a bootanimation form your internal sdcard. it backs up your current bootanimation to /{internal sdcard}/clockworkmod/ba_backup/. it only backs up the original bootanimation so if you keep changing your bootanimation you will still only have your original one in ba_backup.)

- enable/disable one confirm (this makes it so you only have to scroll through one confirm selection when installing something instead of having to go through 10 of them to click yes)

- hide/show backup & restore progress (this makes it so the progress bar when you backup/restore doesnt show up and makes backups/restores a bit faster since it doesnt have to show you the progress and files its backing up)

- select android_secure on internal/external (use this to select where you have .android_secure. default is internal, so if you have it on external make sure to choose this once to set it up)

- aroma file manager (file explorer)

- create custom zip (this will create a custom rom from the currently installed files you have on your phone. it takes your /system partition and /boot partition and makes them into a zip file ready to be flashed. the end product will be in clockworkmod/custom_rom/. this has recently been fixed to work on all phones/roms

- choose custom openrecoveryscript (read THIS)

- recovery info (shows the version of recovery and the build date)

- Special Backup & Restore (backup and restore your kernel/boot and /misc partitions)

- Misc Nandroid Settings (change time zone, turn preload support on/off (default is off), enable md5 checking)
    updated to accommodate android 4.2 storage settings
    uploaded newest version. lots of new features
    new version should fix android_secure issues