LG G2 email client creating duplicated folders on IMAP

Search This thread

thiago_oliv

Apr 14, 2012
Google Pixel 5
This is very upsetting. Actually, I'm regreting to have bought the LG G2. Great hardware, stupid software...

The stock email client created new folders in Yahoo IMAP server. This is probably because the dumb developers translated the name of the main IMAP folders to each language the phone supports. So, if the Sent folder is an IMAP standard to put 'sent' emails, the stock client email translated that folder to my language (pt-br) to "Enviados".

Now, when logged on Yahoo Mail using a computer, I have the original "Sent" folder and a new one called "Enviados".

Is there any way to resolve this and still keep the stock email client?

Thanks.

thiago_oliv

Apr 14, 2012
Google Pixel 5
Found a "solution". As I suspected, the problem was with the translation (described above).

One must delete IMAP email accounts and go to phone settings and put English as the phone language.

Now, add the email accounts back, and the regular English folders will be used to create the email account.

After finished, make your language as the phone language once again.

Reactions: ploquets

ploquets

Dec 9, 2011
Uruguaiana, RS
Found a "solution". As I suspected, the problem was with the translation (described above).

One must delete IMAP email accounts and go to phone settings and put English as the phone language.

Now, add the email accounts back, and the regular English folders will be used to create the email account.

Hey Thiago, I've noticed that after changing back to my default language, all itens from sent folder (which became to be "enviados") they are now impossible to refresh... so, I needed to go back to folder view and select "Sent" folder again to see what is inside...
But a major problem is that if I anwser any email, they don't sync to my "Sent" folder... They just stay on "enviados" which is now not syncing to any folder and it is not going to any IMAP folder....
So, if I go to my PC, its not there.... only on my G2...

Is this happen with you aswell ? thank you in advance

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.