[Q] Web Browser Poll - Which on is your favorite?

Which web browser is your favorite on the Kindle Fire HD 7" ?

• Total voters
Search This thread

SKORPiO1975

Oct 17, 2008
I mostly use Dolphin. Its really buttery smooth. Second chice is Chrome.

Sent from my KFTT using xda app-developers app

Gilly10

Sep 22, 2012
Latest nightly builds of Firefox for Android have been fixed so they now work on the Kindle Fire HD 7, as they are nightly expect bugs though, just tried the latest & it had a few annoying UI bugs & when entering text I found no way to go back and edit what you typed, say if you spelt something wrong you'd have to delete every word or letter after that error to go back & correct it, Flash works OK though & I tried a few extensions but I'll be sticking with Dolphin for a while yet.

Anyway for those wanting to try it out, go here & download on your tablets current browser - http://nightly.mozilla.org or download the APK on PC & sideload that way.

Edit: Fix has made it to the Aurora builds as well starting from version 20.

Aurora build - https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mobile/nightly/latest-mozilla-aurora-android/en-US/

Last edited:

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Mozilla Aurora Build Version 20 Available for Download

Latest nightly builds of Firefox for Android have been fixed so they now work on the Kindle Fire HD 7, as they are nightly expect bugs though, just tried the latest & it had a few annoying UI bugs & when entering text I found no way to go back and edit what you typed, say if you spelt something wrong you'd have to delete every word or letter after that error to go back & correct it, Flash works OK though & I tried a few extensions but I'll be sticking with Dolphin for a while yet.

Anyway for those wanting to try it out, go here & download on your tablets current browser - http://nightly.mozilla.org or download the APK on PC & sideload that way.

Edit: Fix has made it to the Aurora builds as well starting from version 20.

Aurora build - https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mobile/nightly/latest-mozilla-aurora-android/en-US/

Gilly10,

Thank you for the post and the update. So they have finally released a stable version? I love

Aurora on our Nexus 10, it will be nice to test it on the Kindle Fire HD since this is our everyday

tablet. Thank you again for the wonderful information.:good:

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Follow Up - Feedback

I mostly use Dolphin. Its really buttery smooth. Second chice is Chrome.

Sent from my KFTT using xda app-developers app

SKORPiO1975,

There you are SKORPiO1975! Looks like Dolphin is winning by a long shot, although Mozilla is

slowly gaining momentum after the Aurora Version 20 release. I do like Opera although the

buttons are really small but the attention to detail in Opera is top notch. I lost a little bit

of faith in Chrome on my desktop. When it is under a high load it suddenly crashes with

no way to recover my work. So, let's say I have spent 6 hours writing a tutorial and I

open a demanding application - Chrome will suddenly close for no apparent reason! I

used to love Chrome until this ugly bug appeared.:confused:

CoB_Mike

The main issues I had with firefox to include the nightly builds was that it would launch and then go into a loop of sorts. Open close, repeat. It would allow me to type into the nav bar but then immediately loop. Average was about 3 seconds after opening for it to start.

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
FireFox Bugs

The main issues I had with firefox to include the nightly builds was that it would launch and then go into a loop of sorts. Open close, repeat. It would allow me to type into the nav bar but then immediately loop. Average was about 3 seconds after opening for it to start.

oB_Mike,

Yes, I too noticed odd behavior. I believe the problem was patched with a band-aid of sorts, so the problem was never directly resolved. Let's face it, the browser Footprint is FAT, very large.

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Web Browser Poll - Which on is your favorite?

I'd say chrome. Just my pref.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire2 using xda app-developers app

_kyl3_,

Yes, Chrome has nice features and is a solid browser. The one aspect of Chrome that I do like is the automatic Bookmark Sync, it is by far better than Firefox Sync. Thank you for taking the time to let us know which one you liked.

Maromi

Jul 18, 2012
ive been using chrome for over a month now. dolphin is faster but other than my only issue with chrome is the dpi setting.

Raymond199483

Dec 29, 2012
I've started using that new Firefox browser works great on my unrooted kindle fire hd

Sent from my KFTT using xda premium

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Web Browser Poll - Which on is your favorite? Chrome!

ive been using chrome for over a month now. dolphin is faster but other than my only issue with chrome is the dpi setting.

Maromi,

This has been a very interesting thread, it has really opened my eyes to different browsers. Have you tried Boat Browser? If you like Chrome and Dolphin you will love Boat Browser, it has the features of Chrome with the speed of Dolphin. Boat Browser is based on Dolphin, just FYI. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

Top Liked Posts