Probably Bricked My YP-70

Search This thread

Gerard897

Jan 1, 2014
Hi Everybody,
I was trying to install a new version of cyanogenmod that held kitkat, worked, but heres the problem. After installing the new rom i wanted to put a different kernel. This specific kernel I wanted was not compatible with kitkat, but i wasn't reading, so when it was booting up it was stuck at the Galaxy S Cyanogenmod booting screen. I turned it off and put the device in cwm recovery. I was going to put the right kernel for the device but the SD wound't mount. I looked for a solution, which led me to odin. When I started flashing the status was frozen at nand start write. So I stupidly unplugged it, so now I am greeted with a Phone+!+PC please help me!

Higgs_Boson

Jul 7, 2012
Hi Everybody,
I was trying to install a new version of cyanogenmod that held kitkat, worked, but heres the problem. After installing the new rom i wanted to put a different kernel. This specific kernel I wanted was not compatible with kitkat, but i wasn't reading, so when it was booting up it was stuck at the Galaxy S Cyanogenmod booting screen. I turned it off and put the device in cwm recovery. I was going to put the right kernel for the device but the SD wound't mount. I looked for a solution, which led me to odin. When I started flashing the status was frozen at nand start write. So I stupidly unplugged it, so now I am greeted with a Phone+!+PC please help me!
Without seeing a picture of the screen, I'm going to have to assume the screen is a blue color with a picture of a computer on it.

If so, that's not a problem at all. That screen is basically the same thing as ODIN/Download mode.

With your device on that screen simply replug in your USB cable and reflash with ODIN.

If you could provide a picture of the screen, I could definitely say for sure that your device is good to go, or not.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

obscuresword

Jun 24, 2012
Hi Everybody,

200px-Samsung_Galaxy_S_Black_Screen_of_Death.jpg

If you're talking about this above, then do as Higgs_Boson said above. This is just a force download mode, and happens when you improperly flash something.