TouchFlo2d/Manilla BETA CAB is OUT!!!

Search This thread

dlarge

Nov 26, 2007
Google Pixel 6 Pro
See attached.
You may uninstall a previous version using memmaid or sktools and clean your device (bad uninstall dir's and reg entries) followed by a soft reset.
Sometimes this helps wonders.

Thanks for your help, it still doesn't work though. Perhaps because I'm on the official ROM (6.1). Program starts after I've changed the exe.409 to 413, downloads videos, but when I click one, I get the message 'cannot play.... '.

kaalgoosy

Nov 13, 2007
As much as I dig this interface, it seems there are much more problems than solutions at this point; browser only reads opera (Got three different vers. and none of them read), youtube official cab reads and couldn't be any snappier with loading videos but won't play any of them so what's the point? Messages tab only reads mms that now won't play and can't delete... Had to reflash because it killed my mms and htc home launcher tabs are now dead. Just gonna wait for the ironed out customizable version without the headaches

buffystar

Jun 20, 2008
Shefford
Every thing works except browser button and you tube playing vids of course.
Music only works if you open up audio manager first then go to the tab otherwise it just sits there searching if you press the library soft key the screen goes blank.
All that said I love it as I have a TYTN II as a work phone and a Diamond personal and its great now that I have the same screens on both.

Oh and when you touch a picture in photos and videos tab is it meant to open up to full screen cos mine doesn't ????

tyguy

Feb 11, 2008
SoCal
Stuff not working
Not sure if I'm the only one BUT after some playing around EVERYTHING works perfectly smooth and with good speed.
I agree that this install is not the Joe Doe "click on a cab and call it done" BUT it works. My ROM is in the sig, I tried with a stock ATT 6.1 and it worked the same way.

Perhaps a way to success:
Remove any previous versions and trials of TouchFlo you had installed
Download/install the 09 CAB (the 14 meb not the 22 meg file)
Download the DIY kit 0.07 Folder zip if I'm not mistaken
From there install 1st and 2nd Comm Mgr (under 13. D Comm Manager)
Install Opera 1st and 2nd from 14. OPERA 1957
Install HTC_YouTube player
Soft reset
The only problem I had was that after installing the Omnia Comm Mgr I could switch on WiFi and BT but only one time, afterwards everything went gray. I "overinstalled my 10 button Comm Mgr and all is fine.

Edit:
If you don't like it at all and you are tired going "settings-today" install the attached CAM. It's called mToday and I got if from a friend. You can run 2 "Today" profiles, one i.e TouchFlo, the other "Homescreen++" (both BTW pretty intense XML heavy) and switch on the fly. Can be assigned to a hardware button too.

Attachments

• mToday.cab
    51.3 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

butro

May 15, 2008
Houston
Just some compatability info:

I am using L26 V12 Kaiser Diamond (Full) and everything is working ok except youtube and Music(partially). I installed the 6th update. After install it said I had to press ok to restart but when I hit ok, the device was kind of frozen. I could turn screen on and off with power button but no other buttons would work. I ended up holding the power button to turn off and the warning box for device turning off came up and I clicked ok and the device turned off like normal. I turned the phone back on and everything has been ok.

I have not messed with the youtube cab that is floating around but I am not too worried about it. As far as the music is concerned, I don't anything on the phone but I don't have any BT headphones so I don't care so much about that. I will say that the Music tab did search and then comes up that I have no music found so that is working.

Update: I just tried putting a couple of songs on the phone and it finds them just fine.

I will say that if I hit the Library soft key the top of the screen says audio manager, I see the Home screen clock and then the keyboard below that. See attached picture. Not sure if that has to do with that I have no music.

Update: With the music on the phone, the Library softkey still brings up the funky screen but the player plays them just fine from the tab. I will look for an audio manager fix.
Update: I tried the HTC_Audio_Manager_KAISER_1_2_614_712 version and I get the distorted screen but after a switch to landscape and back it works ok. Meh, oh well. Like I said above, I don't use the music that much anyway.

BTW, great work. This is so much better than ThrottleLauncher. I hated Throttle because you could not easily get to all SMS or emails and even contacts, but now with those softkeys at the bottom, this a winner. It is so smooth. I do find that I tend to stop all programs often because they stay open after you "close" them. That too may be me needing to check the box to close program when tapping X.

Attachments

• AudioManager.jpg
    AudioManager.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:

s0undw4v3

Jan 14, 2008
My Kaiser crashed.... :(

I installed the newest cab - and it worked nicely for the whole day.

Only thing that bothered me, was that my start menu had the "Windows Default" blue color.

I went to the today screen to change the theme to "HTC something", so it'll be black - and when pressing ok - it halted, then resetted itself - and now, it keeps loading the WM, getting to the point when the "Tap here for TouchFLO" line should appear, and then it resets itself allover again.

This is what it does - no matter how many times i've taken out the battery, soft-resetted, or tried to connect it to the computer by USB, or charging it.

When i'm starting it on horizontal mode with the keyboard opened - it gets to Windows, then shows me an "unknown error" for the KaiserNotification (installed a few days ago) - and then resets like before.

Anyone any idea? Thanks!

btw- the start menu IS black when it loads up though o_O

Bjd223

Jul 3, 2008
USA
I had to disable ATT proxy before weather worked.

Everything else worked fine, that includes youtube and the audio manager.
I have a Tilt running ROMeOS 4.5.3.

The only problem I could find, was that some fullscreen applications do not work. Like Warefare Inc, and Warcraft II for PPC.

Once they fix that I will def. be using this as my home screen.

Also I wish they had a lock button somewhere on the home screen.

Last edited:

DaveTheTytnIIGuy

Aug 28, 2008
Sacramento, California
Awesome!!!

Thank You! It runs almost perfectly on my Att Tilt with stock ROM and the 6.1 ROM update installed. It looks great and it's really smooth. Only thing, does anybody know if you can read full emails on the email tab without opening outlook, instead of just the little text that sticks out of the envelope? And also, Youtube doesn't play videos, it says it can't play them, and the new comm manager is very distorted on my tilt and I had to use safe mode on SPB pocket plus to uninstall it fully. This is still great though, and all this can be expected from a beta app. Great work, keep it up!

showaco

Aug 10, 2007
Waco, TX
Questions to development

0 = OFF (inactive not displayed)
1 = ON (active and displayed)
---> That was an easy one

What does "Operator" do and is there something which should be displayed?

Can the tab order be changed by position OR is it carved in stone by the value (i.e tab_icon="69,70" big_icon="29,30"

<Tabs>
<HomeWidget enable="1" tab_bg_icon="7,8" tab_icon="69,70" big_icon="29,30" />
<OperatorWidget enable="0" tab_bg_icon="120,129" tab_icon="145,147" big_icon="200,218" />
<PeopleWidget enable="1" tab_bg_icon="19,20" tab_icon="168,169" big_icon="59,60" />
<MyFavesWidget enable="1" tab_bg_icon="219,220" tab_icon="221,222" big_icon="223,224" />
<EmailWidget enable="1" tab_bg_icon="11,12" tab_icon="111,112" big_icon="33,34" />
<InternetWidget enable="1" tab_bg_icon="9,10" tab_icon="71,110" big_icon="31,32" />
<PhotoWidget enable="1" tab_bg_icon="21,22" tab_icon="170,171" big_icon="61,62" />
<MusicWidget enable="1" tab_bg_icon="17,18" tab_icon="166,167" big_icon="39,58" />
<WeatherWidget enable="1" tab_bg_icon="27,28" tab_icon="176,177" big_icon="67,68" />
<LocationWidget enable="1" tab_bg_icon="13,14" tab_icon="113,114" big_icon="35,36" />
<SettingsWidget enable="1" tab_bg_icon="25,26" tab_icon="174,175" big_icon="65,66" />
<LauncherWidget enable="1" tab_bg_icon="23,24" tab_icon="172,173" big_icon="63,64" />
</Tabs>
You can change the order of the widgets, just cut and paste the entire widget line from < to > , and place into the order you want. The numbers in the quotes in these lines are the icon numbers used from the list of images at top of xml and have nothing to do with placement and position. In other places, the numbers in quotes have different meanings, some are positions, some are number of items , etc.:) I haven't had any luck yet on adding anything to the operator panel, I assume its for carriers like at&t to put there addons.

tyguy

Feb 11, 2008
SoCal
@showaco
Thanks mate... I just finished last night when I spotted the 0.01 config cab.
However, I'll try to get a second appl icon to work (since I have many).
Will post results if done successfully.
Just spotted that you too run ROMeOS. Take 4.6.0 and install the two fixes (PIE and tiltkeyboard) and leave everything else off for TouchFlo2D. You MAY need the camera updates but that's it and ... it's a little bit faster than the already snappy 4.5.3

Last edited:

samo.chan

May 27, 2008
London, UK
Hi Guys,

Just installed this today (first an older version, then the 9th version!), and I wish to extend my appreciation to you guys, and say YOU GUYS ROCK!

It makes my old Kaiser feel new again :D

AeronK

Jul 22, 2006
Morriston, Swansea
I think this is a fantastic interface and I find that it runs extremely well. However, apart from the few niggles with Youtube and the Weather icons does anyone know if there will be a version that will show more than one appointment on the today screen. This was an issue for me as normally the today screen shows an all day appointment and a forthcoming appointment, with TF2d only the all day appointment shows.

Great work though and very impreessive work by all concerned.

dzr

Jun 29, 2008
Overall, this is a grep app, with great potential over time. Yesterday, I installed the seemingly latest version with the supporting apps.
0.07_M2D_FOLDER.zip I installed all of the "Required" apps, besides Opera (not enough RAM). I see a few of the below issues listed elsewhere, but I'll mention them again. (Tilt with latest official 6 (not 6.1) ROM)

A) Can any of the apps needed to support TouchFlo2D be run on an SD card? This stuff is taking up all my RAM!

B) Mail App (I have no idea if the XDA folks have any control over this)- besides the issue of not showing entire emails in the native interface, it's also missing mail retreival status. Some of the mail servers I connect to are quite slow, so I have no idea when it's "done", but received nothing, or it's still processing. Also, I have received at least one email (HTML with non-English text), which actually hung the mail app.

C) The "swipe bar" on the bottom (whatever it's called). Going from end to end is very fast. I find that if, let's say, I'm in the mail app, it's takes quite an effort to be able to get the swipe bar to move at any speed. Once I get back to the ends, I can get back and forth very quickly. The swipe bar is also gone in landscape mode (I think that's a known issue).

D) As noted by others, battery life issues.

Thanks

Last edited:

djkaas

Apr 9, 2008
very nice looks slick but i guess i have to wait for the final version :D

some issues that occured on my mda vario III (kaiser): not able to add people to manila screen. not able to open internet (while opera 8.65 is installed)

but ill certainly follow this project very nice!