Search This thread

vikram.wasnik

Aug 27, 2007
Hi.......

Friends,

Now Read Your Hindi/Marathi SMS on Andriod.........its little bit tricky

But You will get Best Result...........

Steps

1) Download "Hindi HinKhoj Dictionary" and "Go SMS pro" two applications From Andriod Market its Free

2) install first "Hindi HinKhoj Dictionary application" then after "Go SMS pro"

3) now its time to do some setting with "Go SMS pro" (Note: Make a Go SMS Pro as Default Messaging Application)

Settings in Go SMS Pro
a) Open Go sms pro application
b) press menu button it will pop up menus where is a tab of setting
c) go to setting you will get 2nd option as a "Appearance Settings"
d) first just touch on the tab of "Scan Fonts Packages" it will scan all fonts pkgs
e) then go to Appearance Settings there are 2 main options

I) Conversation List appearance

1) Conv. List Customization
2) User Defined Settings
3) Conv. List Other Settings

II) Conversation appearance

1) Conversation Customization
2) User Defined Settings
3) Conversation Other Settings

f) first go to "Conv. List Customization" from "Conversation List appearance"

it will pop up one more menu choose "Time and message font"

it will ask you for Package which is default set as "system" you have to change it from "system" to "Hindi Hinkhoj Dictionary" from the list

it will automatically chose font as "mangal" then press back button 3 time ti will ask for "Save the setting?"

save that setting by any name and you will back to "Appearance Settings" screen

g) Now go to "Conversation Customization" from "Conversation appearance"

change "Incoming font" and "Outgoing font" same as above.......
and save this setting with different name

h) finally from both of "Conversation List appearance" and "Conversation appearance"

apply the User Defined Settings as your saved name

go out to application and restart the phone and ask to your Friends for Hindi/Marathi SMS...........
:cool::cool::cool:

The Above Trick for those who dont have "root/busy box/superuser" access

One More Trick for those have "root/busy box/SuperUser" access

if you dont have root/Super user/busy box access then download it from android Market

its also free

Steps

1) download Root Explorer from Market (free)

2) Download Below attachment "DroidSansFallback.zip" and copy to your SDCard

3) open the Root Explorer application with SuperUser permission. (click on allow)

4) go to /sdcard

5) open the DroidSansFallback.zip file you will see "DroidSansFallback.ttf" file click and long hold on that file it will ask for extract

6) extract the file. the file will extracted in the sdcard/extracted folder

7) go to sdcard/extracted folder you will see DroidSansFallback.ttf file just long hold touch that file will popup menu touch on copy

8) at the bottom you will see the two tabs paste and cancel dont touch that tabs just press back button 2 times

9) you will reach to root folder of there is a folder name "system" get in to that folder and again get in to "font" folder

10) Now its time to hit the paste button it will ask for superuser permission and replaces existing... replaces the existing file with new one.....

11) Now come out from root explorer by pressing back boutton......and restart the phone and enjoy....hindi on your phone.......

Warning: dont do both tricks on your phone.......

Attachments

• DroidSansFallback.zip
    309.9 KB · Views: 4,785
Last edited:

swamimahesh

Sep 26, 2008
Italy
Simple step for reading hindi on android like nokia phone

If you have rooted device, Using root explorer select all file from fonts folder and paste in system/fonts
and restart !!!!
it will work perfet for Hindi in every application.there is not need download any crap. If you have some fear please backup your original font

Reactions: bandukia

pushpann

Feb 18, 2011
If you have rooted device, Using root explorer select all file from fonts folder and paste in system/fonts
and restart !!!!
it will work perfet for Hindi in every application.there is not need download any crap. If you have some fear please backup your original font

Gave bootloop for me... Factory reset also didnt help..
Had to reflash my ROM on my sensation..
Not recommended. But first post works, but all words arent displayed properly...

kalya

Dec 23, 2006
ahmednagar
How to type Hindi or Marathi?

Yes , now I can read Hindi or Marathi on my HD2...Android 2.3.5...Thanks.:D

How can I type in Marathi now?That would be really great.

Ranjya

Feb 13, 2012
I want to read hindi / marathi. I followed your method.
Only difference being font displayed was "gargi" instead of "mangal".
I see boxes on facebook.
Waiting to see a sms in devanagri.:(

mohsin1685

Dec 3, 2012
hindi/marathi font

IAM USING ROOTED MICROMAX A52 ANDROID MOBILE PHONE. BEFORE ROOT I CANT READ HINDI FONT. AFTER INSTALLING THE DroidSansFallback.ttf FONT IN MOBILE SYSTEM/FONT AS SUGGESTED BY YOUR FORUMS NOW I CAN READ HINDI FONT BUT I CAN'T READ SOME "MATRA'S" PROPER PLS HELP I HAVE ATTACHED IMAGES OF (DIN) DAY DISPLAYING WRONG AS "DANI"

Attachments

• correct.png
    correct.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 10,412
  • wrong.png
    wrong.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 10,402
Last edited:

gotamedeepak

May 17, 2013
cant get system folder and font folder

hi,
i followed all the procedure but while it came for pasting the extracted ttf i cant find the system folder plz help ... Im currently using samsung galaxy w - i8150 with android version 2.3.6 thanks

gotamedeepak

May 17, 2013
Everything works as directed but when I try to paste the extracted ttf file it says cannot pase its read only file... And doesn't asks for superuser permission either..... My phone is rooted

pradippote

May 30, 2013
I want to read hindi / marathi SMS

I want to read hindi / marathi. I followed your method.
Only difference being font displayed was "gargi" instead of "mangal".
I see boxes on WhatsAPP....

Plz Help me .....

i am using Android 2.3.6 on Samsung Infuse 4G SGH-I997 (AT&T)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi.......

Friends,

Now Read Your Hindi/Marathi SMS on Andriod.........its little bit tricky

But You will get Best Result...........

Steps

1) Download "Hindi HinKhoj Dictionary" and "Go SMS pro" two applications From Andriod Market its Free

2) install first "Hindi HinKhoj Dictionary application" then after "Go SMS pro"

3) now its time to do some setting with "Go SMS pro" (Note: Make a Go SMS Pro as Default Messaging Application)

Settings in Go SMS Pro
    a) Open Go sms pro application
    b) press menu button it will pop up menus where is a tab of setting
    c) go to setting you will get 2nd option as a "Appearance Settings"
    d) first just touch on the tab of "Scan Fonts Packages" it will scan all fonts pkgs
    e) then go to Appearance Settings there are 2 main options

I) Conversation List appearance

1) Conv. List Customization
    2) User Defined Settings
    3) Conv. List Other Settings

II) Conversation appearance

1) Conversation Customization
    2) User Defined Settings
    3) Conversation Other Settings

f) first go to "Conv. List Customization" from "Conversation List appearance"

it will pop up one more menu choose "Time and message font"

it will ask you for Package which is default set as "system" you have to change it from "system" to "Hindi Hinkhoj Dictionary" from the list

it will automatically chose font as "mangal" then press back button 3 time ti will ask for "Save the setting?"

save that setting by any name and you will back to "Appearance Settings" screen

g) Now go to "Conversation Customization" from "Conversation appearance"

change "Incoming font" and "Outgoing font" same as above.......
    and save this setting with different name

h) finally from both of "Conversation List appearance" and "Conversation appearance"

apply the User Defined Settings as your saved name

go out to application and restart the phone and ask to your Friends for Hindi/Marathi SMS...........
    :cool::cool::cool:

The Above Trick for those who dont have "root/busy box/superuser" access

One More Trick for those have "root/busy box/SuperUser" access

if you dont have root/Super user/busy box access then download it from android Market

its also free

Steps

1) download Root Explorer from Market (free)

2) Download Below attachment "DroidSansFallback.zip" and copy to your SDCard

3) open the Root Explorer application with SuperUser permission. (click on allow)

4) go to /sdcard

5) open the DroidSansFallback.zip file you will see "DroidSansFallback.ttf" file click and long hold on that file it will ask for extract

6) extract the file. the file will extracted in the sdcard/extracted folder

7) go to sdcard/extracted folder you will see DroidSansFallback.ttf file just long hold touch that file will popup menu touch on copy

8) at the bottom you will see the two tabs paste and cancel dont touch that tabs just press back button 2 times

9) you will reach to root folder of there is a folder name "system" get in to that folder and again get in to "font" folder

10) Now its time to hit the paste button it will ask for superuser permission and replaces existing... replaces the existing file with new one.....

11) Now come out from root explorer by pressing back boutton......and restart the phone and enjoy....hindi on your phone.......

Warning: dont do both tricks on your phone.......
    Simple step for reading hindi on android like nokia phone

and restart !!!!
    which font u installed??
    are these on Android?? (ur signature calls our for Windows phone)

I have used on Andorid... replaces the fonts folder with Nokia fonts ....

and got hindi & English working... I didn't tried other language...

I guess 1 ttf file from nokia fonts is enough.... i will try to find out and let you know...