FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

official 5.6.890 (download) not leak

511 posts
Thanks Meter: 162
 
By LRiley, Senior Member on 27th September 2011, 09:26 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th September 2011, 02:27 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 162
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMItude

Yes, I made sure both of those were checked. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Anybody know why step 3 might be failing, and can't push busybox? I'm hoping psouza can chime in with a suggestion. Is there an issue with this update?

I'm stuck, and this phone just isn't the same without root.

did you try rebooting and trying root again?
 
 
28th September 2011, 02:37 PM |#22  
HEMItude's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRiley

did you try rebooting and trying root again?

Yes, I've tried it several times with many reboots. I even tried to have it do the unroot process, then attempt root again and got the same thing.

I even made the attempt on two different computers, but that didn't make a difference. So the problem lies within the phone somewhere.
28th September 2011, 02:44 PM |#23  
Androidsims's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag West Palm Beach, FL
Thanks Meter: 84
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMItude

Yes, I've tried it several times with many reboots. I even tried to have it do the unroot process, then attempt root again and got the same thing.

I even made the attempt on two different computers, but that didn't make a difference. So the problem lies within the phone somewhere.

Just flash system.img from the fastboot files and then root, it's the same update anyways.
28th September 2011, 03:07 PM |#24  
Senior Member
Flag Tyler, TX
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
So I must be doing something wrong. I've tried unzipping and dropping the file into the sdcard folder and the sedcard-ext folder. Is it supposed to go into the phone's memory?? I thought it said to drop it on the SD card.... geez I'm lame.
28th September 2011, 04:30 PM |#25  
Member
Flag Cincinnati, OH
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pekosROB

So I must be doing something wrong. I've tried unzipping and dropping the file into the sdcard folder and the sedcard-ext folder. Is it supposed to go into the phone's memory?? I thought it said to drop it on the SD card.... geez I'm lame.

I'm pretty sure it will only allow updates from /mnt/sdcard (which is the internal storage) and not from /mnt/sdcard-ext (which is your actual sdcard). Is that where you put it?

-SR-
28th September 2011, 04:54 PM |#26  
Senior Member
Flag Tyler, TX
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarER4X

I'm pretty sure it will only allow updates from /mnt/sdcard (which is the internal storage) and not from /mnt/sdcard-ext (which is your actual sdcard). Is that where you put it?

-SR-

Yep, I put it in there first, then the -ext, then tried it back there again and it never worked. Guess I'll just need to wait a few days...
28th September 2011, 05:09 PM |#27  
Androidsims's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag West Palm Beach, FL
Thanks Meter: 84
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pekosROB

Yep, I put it in there first, then the -ext, then tried it back there again and it never worked. Guess I'll just need to wait a few days...

Flash system.img... it's the same exact thing
28th September 2011, 09:23 PM |#28  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMItude

Yes, I've tried it several times with many reboots. I even tried to have it do the unroot process, then attempt root again and got the same thing.

I even made the attempt on two different computers, but that didn't make a difference. So the problem lies within the phone somewhere.

This happened to me on a few occasions. Run PSouza's temp ADB root. ABD shell to the phone. Remount system as R/W. Remove the su binary from /system/bin and /system/xbin. ADB push the su binary to /system/bin. CHMOD the su binary. Reboot twice. Run superuser.apk on the phone and it should see it has root and prompt to update.

For some reason /system/xbin doesn't always work; at least 2 phones have had this weird issue.

Sorry for lack of detail. No access to my documentation ATM.



Sent from my DROID3 using XDA App
28th September 2011, 09:30 PM |#29  
HEMItude's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkultramega

This happened to me on a few occasions. Run PSouza's temp ADB root. ABD shell to the phone. Remount system as R/W. Remove the su binary from /system/bin and /system/xbin. ADB push the su binary to /system/bin. CHMOD the su binary. Reboot twice. Run superuser.apk on the phone and it should see it has root and prompt to update.

For some reason /system/xbin doesn't always work; at least 2 phones have had this weird issue.

Sorry for lack of detail. No access to my documentation ATM.



Sent from my DROID3 using XDA App

Not sure on how to do a couple of those things, but I will do some searching and try to find out. If you get a change to give me a little more detail, that would be great.

Thanks for the response, I appreciate you taking the time.
28th September 2011, 09:35 PM |#30  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 162
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pekosROB

Yep, I put it in there first, then the -ext, then tried it back there again and it never worked. Guess I'll just need to wait a few days...

recovery reads the external sdcard
28th September 2011, 09:46 PM |#31  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMItude

Not sure on how to do a couple of those things, but I will do some searching and try to find out. If you get a change to give me a little more detail, that would be great.

Thanks for the response, I appreciate you taking the time.


No problem. I'll try to get to my computer, but it will be a few hours. Meanwhile, everything you need is in PSouza's tool in the support_files folder.

PM me or just reply with your status and I will try to assist.

Start by going into a command prompt and CD to the support_files folder. From there you can run ADB shell to get connected to the phone. Do you have a # prompt when you connect?

Keep me posted!

Sent from my DROID3 using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to mkultramega For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mkultramega Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes