please delete

Would you like to have the option of a "Desktop UI" web browser?

• Yes

Votes: 307 97.2%
  • No

Votes: 9 2.8%

• Total voters
Search This thread

jlechner

Jan 23, 2008
Kansas City
Sorry to raise this thread from the dead, but does anyone have the toggle pointer apk anymore? I really need it bad. Big thanks coming to whoever has it! Lol

DMCunningham

Nov 18, 2011
I wish CM7 would run on my EVO without breaking all sorts of things, because I would totally use my EVO as a Desktop PC for my business.

TambourineMan

Mar 22, 2006
I ordered the Dell (Logitech) keyboard and mouse combo and then forgot where I saw it as a recommended bundle for an EVO. Duh. This thread did not come up in searches for it. But I finally found it again. LOL.

Anyway, I was having everyone's problem is getting both the Dell keyboard and mouse to both work at the same time.

However, what is working reliably together are my Stowaway ultraslim keyboard and Stowaway minimouse when I use "bluetooth keyboard easyconnect" (free in the market.

I can also get the Dell keyboard to work with my Stowaway mouse using bluetooth keyboard easyconnect. (Haven't tried it with the Dell mouse yet.)

You need to follow the bluetooth keyboard easyconnect directions. Once you get the KB and mouse paired (but probably not connected, start bluetooth keyboard easyconnect. Select which ever device you want, and then click the icon to turn bluetooth off, and then restart it.

I have not yet installed the qwerty KB map, nor the mouse update.

Has anyone made a better map for the Dell keyboard - perhaps getting the Fn keys to work?

Is FullHDMI better than HDMWin?

Is Savaged Zen out of action? I wanted to flash their kernal, and while their website is up it links to a mirror that does not have the files.

TambourineMan

Mar 22, 2006
An update.

I decided to get the Freedom Pro keyboard which can use SPP bluetooth. I also got a Targus bluetooth mouse as it said it supported an SPP profile.

I cannot figure out how to get the mouse to connect as an SPP device. It only wants to connect as an HID device. But it plays well with the Freedom Pro keyboard so I don't care. (I had thought maybe two SPP devices would more quickly and reliably pair, but maybe it is better to have one SPP and one HID.)

I also upgraded to the stock CM7.1 and the mouse cursor is much improved.

I cannot find FullHDMI, but HDMWin works well.

nickmus

Feb 23, 2007
What. Version are you running? I've tried everything. I can think of. But my stowaway keyboard will not pair or connect. The mouse has no problem connecting though.

I ordered the Dell (Logitech) keyboard and mouse combo and then forgot where I saw it as a recommended bundle for an EVO. Duh. This thread did not come up in searches for it. But I finally found it again. LOL.

Anyway, I was having everyone's problem is getting both the Dell keyboard and mouse to both work at the same time.

However, what is working reliably together are my Stowaway ultraslim keyboard and Stowaway minimouse when I use "bluetooth keyboard easyconnect" (free in the market.

I can also get the Dell keyboard to work with my Stowaway mouse using bluetooth keyboard easyconnect. (Haven't tried it with the Dell mouse yet.)

You need to follow the bluetooth keyboard easyconnect directions. Once you get the KB and mouse paired (but probably not connected, start bluetooth keyboard easyconnect. Select which ever device you want, and then click the icon to turn bluetooth off, and then restart it.

I have not yet installed the qwerty KB map, nor the mouse update.

Has anyone made a better map for the Dell keyboard - perhaps getting the Fn keys to work?

Is FullHDMI better than HDMWin?

Is Savaged Zen out of action? I wanted to flash their kernal, and while their website is up it links to a mirror that does not have the files.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

TambourineMan

Mar 22, 2006
I was running 7.0.3.1 when the stowaway keyboard worked. I have since upgraded to 7.1 ( I did a complete wipe including using a newly partitioned/formated sdcard and installed everything from scratch). I am hesitant to even try pairing the Stowaway keyboard since the Freedom Pro one is quick and seems to be bullet proof and I don't want to mess it up.

Did you download and install bluetooth keyboard easyconnect? I had also installed just about all the free ones I could find and then uninstalled them. I do not remember just when the thinkpad keyboard connected. Possibly some of the earlier installs left traces of drivers that made it work. It was a frustrating process that I still do not understand, but i guessd I don't need to understand it; I only need it to work reliably.

TambourineMan

Mar 22, 2006
Great! Enjoy!

I could not get both the Stowaway keyboard and mouse to work simultaneously. Maybe you'll have better luck.

Just for grins you might try the drivers for the Freedom Pro keyboard with your Stowaway keyboard. I put my Freedom Pro in SPP mode but bluetooth settings shows that it pairs (but does not connect) as an HID device, not an SPP one. Once it paired you get it to connect under the keyboard settings - input method, not in bluetooth settings. It never shows as connected under bluetooth even though it is. I speculate this is way I am then able to quickly and reliably also connect mouse under bluetooth settings as they don't interfere with each other.

You can get the Freedom Pro drivers at

www.otadrivers.com

Again I have not tried this as I do not want to risk losing what I've got and did not remember about the Freedom Pro drivers until I recently also got a Freedom Pro keyboard.

MarWaSi

May 28, 2013
EVO 4g as desktop still not dead

Ahh i've become a noob for a dead thead.

Does anyone have the mouse driver for CM7 latest stable, or other. I have too much time on my hands.

Cheers

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mouse pointer in CM7 (keeping the facts straight)

Just to keep the facts straight, the original patch was not rejected for cosmetic reasons or because people didn't like it but abandoned by me.

The original patch, written by someone at Always Innovating for their devices, includes the mouse mapping (without this the x,y position of the mouse and the buttons are not mapped [this is not an original part of CM7 or android code but his contribution, the handling built into CM7 is simply recognizing the mouse as a trackball like the Nexus One has] ) and it changed ViewRoot and called back the window manager to move a surface that was only the size of the cursor on any mouse event. Two of the reviewers took issue with the changes to ViewRoot because of a possible performance hit by cross-binding. I did not notice any such impact, but while researching the issue I decided to abandon that submission and I came up with an entirely different way of handling input and drawing the pointer.

The new method I wrote uses the mouse mapper from Always Innovating then calls a MousePointer view from an input handler in PhoneWindowManager. If you have the mouse pointer setting disabled there is no change in the way the phone functions (no overhead other than a check to see if the setting has changed). So far there has only been one checkout of the code (and he didn't seem to check out the settings so I don't imagine it would work), no reviews, so not much interest from devs. Why? I imagine because this is really only useful on phones with hdmi out. I also don't know where CM7 devs discuss these issues, so the thread at the CM7 forum is the only place I posted this info.

As far as cosmetic changes, this should be fairly simple to do, just a matter of adding some additional settings to impact size, color, or shape. Scroll handling is another issue entirely, having to due with the fact that scrolling changes with context. This would require more advanced handling, but it is something to look forward to.
    Evo, this is Houston. We are a go for CyanogenMod7.
    Need feedback
    There is a way to assign scripts to hardware keys. So yes or no guys? If yes, what would you liike to see.
    Very slick write up :)

Thanks for sharing.