wf Phone Tools 0.2 alpha

Search This thread

andreacorti

Apr 27, 2011
Lecco
Awesome. We did a review of this tool at WPXBOX.

One problem is with the Isolated Storage which always remain blank but if I open it from Advance Tab it displays the PDF file uploaded.

Secondly icons for Homebrew tools aren't displayed properly.

the isolted storage explorer activates after selwcting an app in "my applications" selecting "show isol stor."... I know it isn't a good way... I'm thinking on how i can change it without showing all apps files.

DavidinCT

Jun 2, 2006
Someplace in CT
So I got to PDF (as I have a few that I would not mind uploading), it says to Uninstall it. So I uninstalled it and click on the button below... When I click the button it says.

Error: The parameter is incorrect

Should I just re-download from the marketplace or wait till you fix it ?

(BTW, my 1000th post here)

Bug: If you are in "Explore isolated storage" and click download on a empty folder it will totaly crash the app.

Last edited:

andreacorti

Apr 27, 2011
Lecco
So I got to PDF (as I have a few that I would not mind uploading), it says to Uninstall it. So I uninstalled it and click on the button below... When I click the button it says.

Error: The parameter is incorrect

Should I just re-download from the marketplace or wait till you fix it ?

(BTW, my 1000th post here)

Bug: If you are in "Explore isolated storage" and click download on a empty folder it will totaly crash the app.

bug corrected on empty folders :eek:

i see no error on adobe installing :(
could you please check if this folder exists (and the xap is contained in this folder)?

%localappdata%\xapcache\xapcache\bc4f319a-9a9a-df11-a490-00237de2db9e\application.xap

you should be able to install the app also clicking on "my applications" and "refresh from cache"

DavidinCT

Jun 2, 2006
Someplace in CT
bug corrected on empty folders :eek:

i see no error on adobe installing :(
could you please check if this folder exists (and the xap is contained in this folder)?

%localappdata%\xapcache\xapcache\bc4f319a-9a9a-df11-a490-00237de2db9e\application.xap

you should be able to install the app also clicking on "my applications" and "refresh from cache"

The folder did exist (there was a XAP in the folder) but, your app just gave that error.

After a reboot, I attempted it again with version 0.2.2 (clickonce version), still the same problem.

You updated it today but, the clickonce app never updated (still on yesterday's version still shows version 0.2.2).

I downloaded the Non-Clickonce app(again same version number 0.2.2), it worked as it should have and installed acrobat fine.

Maybe something with the Clickonce app ?

khordo

Jul 29, 2007
Hy, Very goold tool thank you very much !

I have one issue...When i explore Isolated storage for an app. I can't do what i want except one thing : Copy a file to the root directory.
Copy to a sub directory : OK
Copy the same file in the main/root directory : KO

Please can you see what is wrong ???
Thank you very much

stan2

Nov 5, 2006
Is it possible to download file from the Install folder of the isolated storage? There are a few app that I want to back up before updating to new version.

DavidinCT

Jun 2, 2006
Someplace in CT
Question: Why when I view my installed apps, it does not show all of them ? It shows like 1/2 of them.

Also, as there is a way to download from Isolated storage, is it possable to upload ? (I want to download save games and posssably upload them)

garmin2

Jul 13, 2008
Not works on Windows 8

I can´t get run the tools on Windows 8 beta consumer preview. Any suggestion?
Thanks in advance!!!

Sensonic

Dec 11, 2007
Hellsinki
Hi there!

I'm still running WinXP. Is there any Windows Phone 7 access manager/explorer application which would be compatible with WinXP? It seems that each'n'every application needs Windows 7 or Vista :(

pvt_nemesis

Dec 23, 2010
Christchurch
Google is your friend Sensonic...i have Zune etc all going fine with my phone in Win XP. Can't remember the steps but easy enough to find if you look.

Sent from my HD2 using Board Express

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi!!!

I started a small project to install xap and other stuff.. you can find it here!

If anyone wants to try it...
    SMS works only with devices supported from SMSBackup (thanks to shinichi_wtn)!

http://wpmanagertool.codeplex.com/

It allows to (in this version)

- Install new application on device

- Update existing application on device

- Show the list of installed applications (only developer installed)

- Launch, Kill and uninstall applications

- Explore isolated storage of applications

- Download files and folders from isolated storage

- Download SMS from device (in combination with smsBackup XAP)

from v.0.2

- Load pdf on adobe reader (need to uninstall the builtin version and reinstall from xap)

- Load office documents on device

- added debug functions

- corrected various bug (install from wrong xap, sms duplicates, ....)

- added resources from AppResLib

- added "copy" and "export" for sms

... and more to come...
    Any plans to impliment export SMS on Desktop using this tool. Also is the PDf and Doc Uploader is same as Book Uploader tool which came out recently ?

yes, i'm doing it now.. "copy" button and "save sms file as..."
    yes, the uploader works the same way..