[[[UPDATE]]] ICS i717 LEAKED!! Link in post. New link to ICS Optimized Apps.

Search This thread

Sentinel604

Jan 13, 2012
Noob question

Anyone tried this on i717R?

I'm getting a fail

Any ideas?

icsfail.png

Edit: I have root and superuser

Last edited:

bluetoothless

May 31, 2006
Designgears provided new leak for GSII. Am wondering how soon for GSII SR and NOTE?
May be inaccurate, but believe a week passed between each model's previous leak?????????

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

xda1zero

Dec 13, 2011
skyrocket just got its new second ICS leak, seems some bugs have been squashed. not sure if any new ones were found. hopefully we are next

bbgt2

Jan 25, 2011
Chitown
skyrocket just got its new second ICS leak, seems some bugs have been squashed. not sure if any new ones were found. hopefully we are next

Read on twitter Design Gears is getting the ATT Note and wanted to know if anyone wanted a Cognition ROM. So hopefully soon we shall have some more excellent ROM's to play with.

Postal Psycho

Jan 28, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
hi i don't know the history of my i717 but when it's powered off and i hold down the power button and volume- it goes to a screen that says downloading.i think it's download mode? anyways i downloaded goo manager and flashed twrp recovery and it worked but I'm afraid to flash cm10 because i don't know how to get to my recovery from the Odin downloading screen in case the room is borked. please help

i should mention its still on ginger bread so the cm10 rom might not work because the bootloader is ginger bread?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In the photo why no kernel baseband and build version???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

my source asked me to omit that info just incase there was something incriminating in it.

-----

have some patients, it won't be out tonight, so don't stay up waiting.
    Alright, we got two people flashing it now so we can get more details for the verge. This means we are getting CLOSER!
    DesignGears is the guy behind several roms that were based on stock, going as far back as Cognition for the Captivate.

He is also, I believe the person who posted the stock recovery images for the Samsung Captivate and came up with the mechanism for recovering the Captivate to stock.

I ran his rom (Cognition) on my Samsung Captivate for at least a year, updating as he released new versions until he stopped development on Froyo and jumped to Gingerbread, around this time, Cyanogen began development and I used Cyanogen instead of Cognition because they supported the Froyo bootloaders, his rom did not after he went to Gingerbread (it required updating the bootloaders).

I even remember a short dialog where I pushed to use the Pacman script from Cyanogen in order to both make his rom download smaller but also so that users had more of a choice as to what apps they wanted on their phone.

DesignGears (DG for short) is one of the key developers that got the Captivate rom development off the ground. While Im sure someone else would have gotten around to it, he is the guy who kicked it off and figured it all out. Dont dis' the guy, if he has a Note and begins development, my hope is that we will start to see more development for the Note. At only three custom roms, all heavily based on stock, we have yet to really see this phone at its full potential.

wow, sounds like a wiki page about me :)

I don't have the Note, I do have access to one for $450 off contract, with google io coming I can't afford it atm.