Votes: 29 25.7%
  • Other - Please post your suggestion in the thread

Votes: 5 4.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

hey_joe

Oct 28, 2010
do you mean i can flash the ICS rom through recovery without update the firmware???:confused:

Please help with thanks!

Yes you can flash the rom without the firmware. When the first ICS leak was posted on the forum, I flashed it right away through recovery just like any other rom. Didn't flashed the firmware because was afraid I won't be able to go back to stock Gb if I need to send my phone for repair as I still have 7 months left of warranty. Worked perfectly except for the browser bug where the keyboard wouldn't pop up for you to type.

---------- Post added at 02:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 AM ----------

you can, it just won't work :p

-can i eat any mushroom?
-you can, but some only once :cool:

Of course it will work. Mine is working.

Reactions: goodenoughluis

goodenoughluis

Mar 2, 2010
Yes you can flash the rom without the firmware. When the first ICS leak was posted on the forum, I flashed it right away through recovery just like any other rom. Didn't flashed the firmware because was afraid I won't be able to go back to stock Gb if I need to send my phone for repair as I still have 7 months left of warranty. Worked perfectly except for the browser bug where the keyboard wouldn't pop up for you to type.

---------- Post added at 02:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 AM ----------

Of course it will work. Mine is working.

The difference without update the firmware only for the browser bug???:confused:

hey_joe

Oct 28, 2010
The difference without update the firmware only for the browser bug???:confused:

No. The firmware is for the radio. The bug will still be there whether you update your firmware or not.

edit: I haven't tried this version of ICS so it might have been fixed. I was talking about ICS 3.0.0 that was first posted.

Last edited:

t0wlie

Jun 8, 2009
Hi Turge,
I flashed over the top of Virtuous Shooter v.3.0.2 without a wipe and found I didn't have any fonts on the homescreen for any of the widgets or apps, so I super wiped and made a fresh install with all the sense options and still no fonts on any of the homescreens.
Is there an easy fix for this?

Fullwipe, same porblem. aaand call drops ;)

Last edited:

goodenoughluis

Mar 2, 2010
No. The firmware is for the radio. The bug will still be there whether you update your firmware or not.

edit: I haven't tried this version of ICS so it might have been fixed. I was talking about ICS 3.0.0 that was first posted.

Thanks Joe. One more questions is that, can i flash the rom back like usual if i dont like the ICS rom??? or i can't down grade to the rom i am using??:confused:

halloman123

Jan 2, 2011
so awesome...like that Sense/AOSP mix.
but.. :D
could you implement choose between sense keyboard and ics keyboard? :)

healer82

Feb 5, 2011
Barrie, ON
Data isnt working for me, can only go online with wifi :S

Gesendet von meinem HTC EVO 3D X515m mit Tapatalk

Input the apn settings into menu-settings-mobile network-access point names-menu-add then insert correct settings for your carrier then select menu again and save. Select the bubble beside the apn on the main list then you will have data.
*Google the proper settings for your carrier.

As for firmware update I've been running ics since day one without the firmware update without ANY issues. I didn't wanna update because the sprint guys can't roll back and I want to make sure I get rogers official ics. Besides my baseband seems to work fine no drop in service yet.

I'm so glad you jumped on the band wagon Turge, your roms are the best of the best and I wasn't sure if you were going to wait for Rogers ruu. I'm gonna download and install this weekend.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: Turge

Vladimyr

Mar 5, 2006
Moscow
set.nm.ru
Hi Turge,
I flashed over the top of Virtuous Shooter v.3.0.2 without a wipe and found I didn't have any fonts on the homescreen for any of the widgets or apps, so I super wiped and made a fresh install with all the sense options and still no fonts on any of the homescreens.
Is there an easy fix for this?

the same for me, and also no text in htc widgets

also, toggles are garbled :(

2012-05-11_11-28-03.png2012-05-11_11-28-15.png

scariola

Nov 15, 2009
Sandy Eggo, CA
So I as well have the problems with no text under the icons on homescreen. I installed apex launcher, ICONS WITH TEXT! :D Plus the launcher rotates. ;)

Did keep the stock sense notifications during install, no problems there. After a reboot this thing is FLYING!!

So far, beautiful work Turge, can't wait to see where this thing goes. :thumbup:

Google + pertinent info = results

ankush1492

Feb 16, 2008
Delhi
If you are S-ON you need to extract boot.img from the zip's rom and flash it manually with fastboot.

Other way is to install last 4ext witch have hability to flash kernels even with s-on

thanx. i will try to install boot.img from fastboot then I will change my recovery to 4ext. Can you please tell me the version of 4ext that flashes even S-on.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    kingcobraicsfullversi01uf0.png

Specifications
    • Base: RUU_SHOOTER_U_ICS_35_S_Rogers_WWE_3.28.631.1
    • Android Version: 4.0.3
    • HTC Sense: 3.6
    • Kernel: Stock - 3.0.16-ge733189
    • Recommended Radio: 11.77.3504.00U_11.25.3504.06_M
    • Recommended Recovery: 4EXT Recovery

Features
    • Fully deodexed and zipaligned
    • rooted and busybox
    • Battery Percent
    • Working 2D/3D camera
    • 720P video capture
    • Aroma Installer - customize your install
    • Aroma File Manager - manage your files from recovery
    • Unsecured boot image with init.d support
    • V6 SuperCharger! script implementation
    • battery calibration script
    • Galaxy Nexus/Beats boot animation
    • aGPS Update
    • Dim capacitive buttons script
    • Ability to remove HTC Sense for AOSP appearance

Downloads (Check out the "Issues" list below before flashing)
    ROM:Firmware:
    • 11.77.3504.00U_11.25.3504.06_M: PG86IMG.zip MD5: 5ee54de79b4485fc0bd5cde22089894c
    Kernel:
    • 3.0.16-ge733189: boot.img MD5: 0de2b2b41e12b9253ff1e940669ecb37
    Tweaks:
    Removed Apps:

Change Log
    1.6 - Jul 6

• New base: 3.28.631.1 (Official Rogers ICS RUU)
    • Added CyanogenMod APN list
    • Multilingual
    • All Rogers bloatware removed

1.5 - May 27

1.4 - May 23

• New base: 3.27.401.2
    • No Beats
    • Screenshot feature now working when Sense apps are not installed
    • Camera zoom now working
    • Faster 3G speeds
    • Browser/Keyboard problem resolved
    • New radio/firmware - recommend you upgrade
    • New kernel - S-ON users, please update kernel using instructions in post #3.

1.2 - May 16

• No wipe needed to update (as always)
    • Aroma File Manager added - available from the ROM install's main menu in recovery
    • AOSP clock will no longer replace HTC clock (causes FC's with the clock widget)
    • Optional HTC Launcher 5x4 and 5x5 from here. Warning: You MUST be S-OFF to flash the new firmware.
    • Fixed missing AOSP components
    • Restructured Aroma install
    • Fixes APNs again - if data isn't working or your APN is wrong, press Menu and "Reset to default"
    • Updated APK's

1.1 - May 13

• Added AOSP calendar, contacts, clock, calculator and MMS apps
    • Added multilingual ICS keyboard
    • Updated APK's
    • ICS and Sense 4.0 wallpapers can now be selected from HTC Wallpapers
    • Fixed missing fonts
    • Merged call drop fix
    • Fixed missing APN's (Maybe?)
    • Added sqlite3 for advanced users
    • Fixed missing stock/friend stream/etc. apps (Thanks Phikal)
    • Merged fix for Beats/FM radio problem (thanks predator_395)
    • Fixed missing Apex launcher

1.0 - May 10
    • Initial Release

Install
    There is a great guide on how to flash a custom ROM here: http://www.freeyourandroid.com/guide/how_to_flash_htc_evo
    • If you're S-ON, make sure you follow the instructions from post #3.
    • This ROM uses Aroma Installer which uses Touch Screen controls. To use touch screen, it is recommended to install 4EXT Recovery using the unstructions in post #3.
    • If you choose to install the ROM without a touch enabled recovery, you can navigate the install using Volume Up/Down and select any options using the camera shutter button.
    • If coming from another Sense 3.6 ROM, wiping data should not be necessary.
    • The install formats system, cache, etc. so there is no need for super wipe scripts.
    • If coming from a Sense 3.0 ROM (or other version), please backup your apps using Titanium Backup and perform a nandroid backup. While flashing the ROM, make sure you wipe data which can be performed during the install
    • Optional: You can flash the latest firmware by following this post using this firmware: PG86IMG.zip
    • Download the ZIP file to your SD card
    • Reboot into recovery and "Install ZIP from SD Card". Follow the Aroma Installer wizard
    • Reboot

Issues
    • If your WiFi isn't working, install WiFix
    • You may run into a problem with missing AOSP Notifications and/or Settings apps. To fix it, reinstall the ROM without AOSP Notifications and Settings, boot up the phone, then reinstall the ROM with AOSP Notifications and/or Settings and it should work.

Screenshots

2012-05-10_21-41-55.png
    2012-05-10_21-46-17.png
    2012-05-10_21-45-29.png
    2012-05-10_22-06-46.png
    2012-05-10_21-47-01.png
    2012-05-11_06-30-43.png
    2012-05-11_06-30-57.png
    2012-05-11_06-31-07.png

2012-05-11_07-01-58.png
    2012-05-11_07-14-00.png
    2012-05-10_22-39-17.png
    2012-05-10_21-44-46.png

Contributors (Thank you so much for your donation!)

• kernberos

If you like my work, feel free to buy me a beer:

If you install this ROM, please hit the
    Thanks.png
    button.
    Instructions

S-ON Users

If your phone is S-ON, you'll need to perform an extra step before or after flashing the ROM. Without flashing the kernel manually, your phone will not boot. This extra step can be automatically performed if you have 4EXT Recovery Touch v1.0.0.5 RC1 or newer installed.

Installing 4EXT Recovery Touch (You must be able to boot into Android):
    1. Install the 4EXT Recovery Updater while in Android (ie. before flashing this ROM)
    2. Start the 4EXT Recovery app and select "Online install | upgrade"
    3. Follow the normal prompts
    4. Click "Yes" to "connect to 4ext.net to get new data"
    5. When it detects EVO 3D GSM, press "Yes"
    6. Select the top version and acknowledge the prompts and click the "Install" button
    7. The recovery should now download and flash
    8. Once flashed, click "Yes" when asked if your device is S-ON
    9. Click Yes to set the timezone and you're all set to flash the ROM
    10. Reboot into Recovery and flash the ROM

Ensuring 4EXT SmartFlash is enabled:
    1. Boot into 4EXT Recovery 1.0.0.5 RC1 or newer
    2. Select "Tools"
    3. Scroll to the bottom. If it says "enable 4EXT SmartFlash", select it. Otherwise, it's already enabled.

If you have already flashed the ROM and it won't boot, you can perform the 4EXT Recovery method by either restoring your previous ROM from nandroid backup or flash a ROM you have already confirmed to be working. You should now be able to install the 4EXT Recovery using the steps above.

Otherwise, you'll need to flash the kernel manually. To do this, you need to install the fastboot drivers using the "Installing Fastboot and ADB" instructions below and run a command from your computer. These instructions are designed for Windows:

Flashing the kernel using fastboot:
    1. Reboot your phone into "fastboot" mode using the "Booting into Fastboot Mode" instructions
    2. Connect the phone to the computer using the USB cable
    3. Download this kernel to a folder on your computer (eg: c:\boot.img)
    4. Flash the kernel using the command: "fastboot flash boot c:\boot.img"
    5. Reboot your phone with the command "fastboot reboot"

Installing Fastboot and ADB
    1. Download and extract the Fastboot and ADB tools to a folder of your choice
    2. Reboot your phone into "fastboot" mode using the "Booting into Fastboot Mode" instructions
    3. Connect the phone to the computer using the USB cable
    4. Open a Command Prompt and switch to the folder where the fastboot and adb tools are installed (eg. "cd c:\fastboot")
    5. Type "fastboot devices" - it should display something like "HTXXXXXXXXX fastboot"
    6. If it doesn't, you'll need to download and install these fastboot drivers. Once installed, disconnect and reconnect your phone to the computer
    7. The drivers should now be installed.

Booting into Fastboot Mode:

There are several ways to reboot into bootloader mode:
    1. From rooted Android, install the application Quick Boot to easily reboot into Bootloader
    2. In the Recovery, there is usually an option to reboot to bootloader mode. 4EXT has this option under the "Power" menu option
    3. From Android or Recovery, you can reboot into bootloader using "adb reboot bootloader"
    4. By using the "Power" and "Volume Down" button combinations. More info here.
    Once you're in bootloader mode, select "Fastboot" with the Volume Up/Down and Power to select.

Upgrading the firmware/radio (S-OFF users only):

WARNING: Flashing the new firmware will wipe your data (your apps and settings).

To preserve your data, you should perform a nandroid backup of data using Recovery (or full) before flashing the firmware and restore your data afterwards.

To backup your data using 4EXT Recovery:
    1. Boot into recovery
    2. Select "Backup | Restore"
    3. Select "Advanced Backup"
    4. Select "Data" (the process takes a few minutes)

To restore your data using 4EXT Recovery:
    1. Boot into recovery
    2. Select "Backup | Restore"
    3. Select "Advanced Restore"
    4. Select "Data"
    5. Select "Restore from Advanced Backup"
    6. Select your backup (usually the last one)

Upgrading the firmware:
    1. Copy the new firmware file (PG86IMG.ZIP from the Downloads section in post #1) to the root of your SD card (eg. /sdcard/PG86IMG.ZIP)
    2. Reboot into Bootloader mode using the "Booting into Fastboot mode" instructions above
    3. Your SD card will be scanned for the update
    4. When prompted, select "Yes" to update using Volume Up
    5. Once the process completes, reboot the phone
    6. If wanting to boot into recovery, remove the SD card from your phone, mount it on your computer and delete PG86IMG.ZIP from the card

Themes

WARNING: For use on 1.3 only!

Blue Sky Skin by Phikal (Sense only, will revert AOSP to Sense): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25677080#

screen201205121813.png
    screen201205122337.png
    screen201205121802.png
    screen201205042123.png

Last one...
    Could u post setting.apk from sense ? :D

You can grab it in the ROM at /system/app/Settings.apk

Anyways, 1.1 is now available for download.

1.1 - May 13

• Added AOSP calendar, contacts, clock, calculator and MMS apps
    • Added multilingual ICS keyboard
    • Updated APK's
    • ICS and Sense 4.0 wallpapers can now be selected from HTC Wallpapers
    • Fixed missing fonts
    • Merged call drop fix
    • Fixed missing APN's (Maybe?)
    • Added sqlite3 for advanced users
    • Fixed missing stock/friend stream/etc. apps (Thanks Phikal)
    • Merged fix for Beats/FM radio problem (thanks predator_395)
    • Fixed missing Apex launcher

Download: http://www.androidfilehost.com/main/EVO_3D_Developers/GSM/Turge/KingCobra3D/KingCobra3D-ICS-1.1.zip