What works:
  • Nandroid
  • Factory resetting
  • Clearing caches
  • Update zip flashing

What doesnt:
  • USB mounting (requires kernel mods)

Notice:
  • To note again: you CANNOT use this if you were previously using HS r2-r6 or ICS
  • If you had previously gotten the 'password' bug on a previous version of CWM (CWM 4.0 specifically), fac resetting from a newer custom recovery will fix this
  • The fac reset command from the bootloader menu will no longer work with a custom recovery installed, but the one from inside the recovery can replace it
  • USB mounting does not work, it cannot be fixed without kernel mods

Changelog:
  • Sep 08 2012: Updated to 2.2.2.1
  • Aug 07 2012: Updated to 2.2.1.4 - updated formatting code
  • Jul 21, 2012: Initial Release
2char

Last edited:

ElfinJNoty

Jun 25, 2009
New Haven, CT
www.blissroms.com
LG G4
OnePlus 6
Once there is a stable ROM... can I suggest we start off with a universal nvflash to get whoevers current config to the same base and then go from there? I have had icsb4 on my 7 forever... but the instructions leave me confused as to where to start off once you guys release a new ROM. Might just be my tired brain after traveling all day, but as I suggested, universal base to reduce user errors and confusion

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
Updated to 2.2.1.4, includes updated formatting code from CWM/S7 6.0.1.1

Nocturnal_50

Jun 15, 2012
Coolah
would NVflashing stock 5xx negate the "previously running HS-r6" effect? about the only thing I havent tried on the streak to negate the HS-r6 effect

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
the device must be repartitioned to undo the repartitioning that hs r6/ics b4 does.

nvflash does that with an appropriate payload

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
Updated TWRP to 2.2.2.1

Experimental versions of TWRP/streak7ex have been made, but are not ready for release

ElfinJNoty

Jun 25, 2009
New Haven, CT
www.blissroms.com
LG G4
OnePlus 6
I apologize but I am getting confused by all the different partition tables

I am on what i blieve is the latest booting jb build by giveen that includes gapps. Alpha 1.1? Boot/system g?

I am pretty confident the jb builds from giveen have all been the same partitions. Please ease my confusion and confirm for me which ones I am currently running?

I have no plans to flash backwards to >jb unless there is some sort of amazing revival in ICS builds. I've become spoiled with project butter in jb(Sprint Gnex owner)

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
If you're using CM10, you shouldnt be using this.

I'm not ready for it yet, you'll have to stick with the version of TWRP that giveen built and hope it works.

When I'm ready it'll be more clear

Reactions: ElfinJNoty

ElfinJNoty

Jun 25, 2009
New Haven, CT
www.blissroms.com
LG G4
OnePlus 6

I'm not ready for it yet, you'll have to stick with the version of TWRP that giveen built and hope it works.

Yes, running the cm10, which is the same partitions as ICS b4 correct? = all ext4??? I think that's what I read?

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
B4 technically uses ext3 for /data and /cache, ext4 for /system, just like the stock layout.

I've modded my (personal) version of CM9 to use all ext4, I plan on releasing it eventually. BUT it wont help if you're using the stock layout.

You'll simply have to wait, I need to build and test TWRP/streak7dm before I do anything further.

Reactions: ElfinJNoty

giveen

Jul 6, 2010
Caldwell, ID
B4 technically uses ext3 for /data and /cache, ext4 for /system, just like the stock layout.

I've modded my (personal) version of CM9 to use all ext4, I plan on releasing it eventually. BUT it wont help if you're using the stock layout.

You'll simply have to wait, I need to build and test TWRP/streak7dm before I do anything further.

CM10 runs ext4 in data, cache, and system.

wptski

Dec 8, 2011
Warren, MI
Dah?? The same version of TWRP comes with both ICS-B4 and CM10. I've restored using TWRP back/forth between the two 2 or 3 times so far although I had one that stuck on the Dell logo, so I just used a previous backup which worked. Are you guys saying that this shouldn't work because of the partition difference?? I'm a bit confused by this partition difference also.

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
B4 and CM10 use the same layout, but different filesystems.

I'm simply not going to support stock B4 and make a mod version to make it compatable with CM10 (ie all ext4 partitions)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.