[ROM] Stock Archos ICS 4.0.4 | Firmware 4.0.25 | Root version !

Search This thread

TrOjAnUK

Sep 28, 2009
Essex
Hi!

Ok !

so, please take a look here, maybe it help you !

Well its now been 12 flashes and 7 hours and am still unable to get a rooted rom on...

I have read and reread the guides over and over... Im wondering if Archos has done something to the STOCK 4.0.25 that stops us flashing a custom rom.

Unable to get rooted 4.0.7 installed, tried every guide I can find on the internet but not able to get root.. SDE is fine, Ill keep trying bt think Ill have to stay on stock for now.

TrOjAn

Kanalcommander

Dec 6, 2009
Yesterday I installed this and it seems to work quite good. I never had big problems with my device but wifi was a bit weak and works much better now.
But i have some wired sound issues.
In some games only some sounds are played others are missing. Did someone else suffer from this?

Gesendet von meinem ARCHOS 101G9 mit Tapatalk 2

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Well its now been 12 flashes and 7 hours and am still unable to get a rooted rom on...

I have read and reread the guides over and over... Im wondering if Archos has done something to the STOCK 4.0.25 that stops us flashing a custom rom.

Unable to get rooted 4.0.7 installed, tried every guide I can find on the internet but not able to get root.. SDE is fine, Ill keep trying bt think Ill have to stay on stock for now.

TrOjAn

Hi !

...also I tried official firmware 4.0.25 , and now I'm on root version !
so you can still flash custom rom !

If you continue to have problems , why not try to install the unofficial version SDE !
I have not ever used the official version SDE , as long as the unofficial works perfectly !
Good luck ! :good:

TrOjAnUK

Sep 28, 2009
Essex
By unofficial do you mean the Outdated Tutorial? if so that IS the one Im using as I am unable to get the other guide, 4.0.7 to work.

If you know of another unofficial SDE please point me at it, Ill try anything at this point.. my goal is to get AOKP on as thats what I use on my phone

TrOjAn

julle131

Mar 24, 2011

cunha_rs

Jun 6, 2011
I wonder if I can install directly on the root version 4.0.7 the new new version. someone can tell me how. required.

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
By unofficial do you mean the Outdated Tutorial? if so that IS the one Im using as I am unable to get the other guide, 4.0.7 to work.

If you know of another unofficial SDE please point me at it, Ill try anything at this point.. my goal is to get AOKP on as thats what I use on my phone

TrOjAn

Hi !

Here is SDE unofficial !

TrOjAnUK

Sep 28, 2009
Essex
Surdu,

I have SDE installed and the default Archos 4.0.25..

I have tried the unofficial root which gives no errors but no idea if it works as the tablet goes so slow, I have tried installing 4.0.6, 4.0.7, all the custom roms in the thread and all fail.

The only thing that I am able to flash is the standard 4.0.25 which flashes fast and works... do you have any other ideas I can try??

TrOjAn

julle131

Mar 24, 2011
Thats the one Ive been using all along.. it seems to install but then once I put the rom on or remove the android kernel its a blank non booting screen.

TrOjAn

This is a stupid question,
but do you flash the new kernel after removing the official? Because it sounds like it doesn't hace a kernel.:)

I wonder if I can install directly on the root version 4.0.7 the new new version. someone can tell me how. required.

I think you can. Just take application backup before updating.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Surdu,

I have SDE installed and the default Archos 4.0.25..

I have tried the unofficial root which gives no errors but no idea if it works as the tablet goes so slow, I have tried installing 4.0.6, 4.0.7, all the custom roms in the thread and all fail.

The only thing that I am able to flash is the standard 4.0.25 which flashes fast and works... do you have any other ideas I can try??

TrOjAn

YES, you need to wipe all in your tablet , uninstall SDE , and re-install unofficial SDE ! :good:

Reactions: reelnoob

TrOjAnUK

Sep 28, 2009
Essex
Uninstalled SDE, went through that unofficial, rebooted to recovery NO SDE, Went through the stages to install gen9_enable_sde. NO SDE.

TrOjAn

Telyx

Aug 31, 2009
Garden City, MI
I was using surdu_petru's 4.0.7 rooted & deodexed ROM. Flashed this one in the usual manner and so far, very good. It appears to load more apps at startup, but I see no unusual RAM usage or other issues.

4carlos

Jun 28, 2009
it works

hi surdu,

thanks again for 4.0.25 :)

i upgraded yesterday from 4.0.7 (rooted stock fw) within few minutes. everything is working well until now.

device:
archos 101 g9, 1 ghz, 8gb ram, inofficial sde

TrOjAnUK

Sep 28, 2009
Essex
Please do not polute this topic with stupid problems.

Hmm.. was this aimed at me? if so Ill give up now and wont post anymore.

When you post a generic statement please add the name of the person you are flaming then they know to stop?

Other than that, Surdu, yes I understand turning on debugging etc, while Im a complete n00b at Archos the basics are the same for most android devices.

So far I have tried every combination of SDE, firmware, rooting I can find and I can get nothing to stick.

The unofficial way gave me root # until I removed the android kernel, complete formatting of the system only allows me to flash stock archos 4.0.25, no other .aos files will install, official OR rooted.

At this time I have standard Archos 4.0.25 running and also have the unofficial SDE installed but NO root $

trojan@laptop ~/Desktop/Rooting $ adb shell

BusyBox v1.7.2 (2012-10-19 03:10:12 CEST) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

/ # rm /data/local.prop
/ # reboot
trojan@laptop ~/Desktop/Rooting $ adb shell

BusyBox v1.7.2 (2012-10-19 03:10:12 CEST) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

/ $

Your help is appreciated but as Im now starting to clutter up the thread I think its best left as it is... thanks again and sorry for taking over the thread.

TrOjAn

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi to evryone !

The last Archos update for 80/101 Gen9 ( 25/10/2012 ) : Android 4.0.4 Firmware 4.0.25 with Root access !

This Rom is based on unmodified Android system , Archos Firmware 4.0.25 !

This Rom can be installed only if you have already enabled SDE on your tablet .

Change log :
    • Android: IceCream Sandwich 4.0.4 version
    • Media Center: network indexing on network shortcut menu (+), network shortcuts creation is proposed on network share directory long press
    • Media Center: new simplified Movie/TV Shows/All Video views
    • Media Center Video: new video information view with backdrop display and chooser (click on backdrop to change it)
    • Media Center Video: poster can be changed by clicking on it in the video Information view
    • Video Scraper: faster media information retrieval process. Note that in the migration process, all your video scraper information will be lost.
    • Subtitles: ability to download and save subtitles for network shares
    • Media Center: add video search
    • Media Center Music: Album art swipe gesture support
    • Remote control: control your tablet with your TV remote through HDMI on TV compatible hardware (directional pad, multimedia and color TV remote keys)
    • Archos Remote: support of remote touch pad
    • Wi-Fi: new more robust driver
    • Media Center Video: fix audio desync for some MPEG4/AVI files
    • Media Center Video: fix MPEG PS/VOB audio track selection
    • Media Center Video: fix UPNP playback of large files (>4GB)
    • Media Center Video: fix seeking in some TS files
    • Media Center Video: fix playing certain MKV files
    • Media Center Video: fix playing certain H264 files
    • Media Center Video: improve DVD/VOB playback in case there are IFO files present
    • Media Center Video: add support for MPL2 subtitle format
    • Media Center Video: improve playback of H264/AAC TS files
      • & also ...
        • increase data I/O
        • enabled init.d* to run scripts
    Download :
    Installation :
    • connect USB cable ;
    • unzip Stock_Root_4.0.25.zip into Stock_Root_4.0.25 directory
    • put archos.ext4.update from (Stock_Root_4.0.25) in your device, or > adb push archos.ext4.update mnt/storage/
    • go to recovery SDE and Remove android kernel if you have already installed any official firmware !
    • go to Flash kernel & Initramfs and copy here zImage and initramfs.cpio.lzo from (Stock_Root_4.0.25)
    • Ok ! ... & wait to boot !

* just put your favorite scripts in init.d directory , and reboot your device !
    ( no need extra settings ...my Rom takes care of them to make proper settings ! :D )
    ( ..also, keep in mind what scripts you use .... the stock busybox has limited applets !!! )

regard,
    Surdu Petru
    Wanted to be the first to say thanks. Your work is awesome.

Hi !

Thank you , for your THANKS !
    Hello. How can I install a working busybox + applets? I tried 2 busybox installers from google play but each of them broke archos media center (smb shares were no longer accessible). "mount --bind" doesn't work on the stock busybox and neither does solid explorer (keeps asking to install busybox).

Hi!

I'll upload soon a version slim & fast with busybox ! ( the stock busybox will be removed !)

Followed that guide to the letter 9, yes 9 times and all resulted in black screen!

TrOjAn

Ok !

so, please take a look here, maybe it help you !

Thanks for this, it worked perfectly on my G9 80 updating from your previous rooted 4.0.7 rom. Unlike others I haven't seen any drop in RAM capacity from 4.0.7 so am a happy bunny. Your work is appreciated.

Hi!

Thanks ! :good:

Is OC version coming?

Hi !

sure, yes !
    the priority :
    Clean_Slim&Fast V02 ( almost ready for launch ! )
    ICS@BLUE_V04 !
    OC Edition ! ( first release will be for OMAP 4430 stock 1GHz & 1.2GHz )
    ...all this based on the last firmware 4.0.25 !

Screenshot Clean_Slim&Fast V02 !
    screenshot02as.jpg
    unbelievable just that.. so bad

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using xda app-developers app

Hi !

I have two news to communicate : good one for me, one unfortunately bad for you :crying: !
    - unfortunately my tablet could not be repaired ! ( was touch screen problems ) - and they returned me the value ! ( because they were nice, I decided to try their new device Archos 101 XS ! - paying only a difference of 30 euro ! )
    - now , because I do not have G9 tablet - I still support for you just root version for any future Firmware for Archos Gen9 ! ...but no more custom rom or kernel tweaks ! ( unfortunately ....!!!)

I honestly do not know if it's worth the money for Archos Gen10 101XS ~ 379E , but now - have a dual core TI OMAP 4470 with 1.5GHz , ( I hope I can rise to 1.9GHz in the future :D ) - and comes with a pretty cool magnetic keyboard - all of are very slim indeed, ( compared with Asus TF300T tablet including dock - now Archos 101xs including dock is almost half thick :good: )

In conclusion wait to see you again especially in Archos Gen10 Development - for the new future Custom Rom ! :good:

regards,
    Surdu Petru !
    Uninstalled SDE, went through that unofficial, rebooted to recovery NO SDE, Went through the stages to install gen9_enable_sde. NO SDE.

TrOjAn

You need to enable USB debugging and also driver for archos installed in your machine !