[ROM][AOSP][Linaro]CarbonRom Nightlies/Releases [manta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

bruce7373

Apr 28, 2012
Los Angeles
Thanks for the information guys.. The poor Nexus 10 just never got its due course and this looks like another kick in the nuts. A fantastic device that development just never really took off for... Gonna dive into Slim Bean since it's active in development. :)

Really? The latest build is over a month old.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

dansyco

Jun 14, 2013
Between earth and the moon
Well. Got my recharging average for 3 days. 6.5% an hour. I don't know what the heck is going on. But for me that don't work.
I've been on carbon from the start. And these tweaks there doing are killing me. I use a dock to charge. The nexus 10 has never had a great charging time through the standard plug. But as it turns out they have altered some setting in the ports. They may not know. But it has happened. I have noticed in my battery stats that my audio out port remains awake...that shouldn't be. ....
So for my final test. I'm back on 9/14 nightly. Its 9:30...battery at 33%....will post 1 hour charge results....stay tuned

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dansyco

Jun 14, 2013
Well. Got my recharging average for 3 days. 6.5% an hour. I don't know what the heck is going on. But for me that don't work.
I've been on carbon from the start. And these tweaks there doing are killing me. I use a dock to charge. The nexus 10 has never had a great charging time through the standard plug. But as it turns out they have altered some setting in the ports. They may not know. But it has happened. I have noticed in my battery stats that my audio out port remains awake...that shouldn't be. ....
So for my final test. I'm back on 9/14 nightly. Its 9:30...battery at 33%....will post 1 hour charge results....stay tuned

Here's the final result. Now remember, i use a dock to charge. For this period of 1 hour. I did not use my nexus. As above it was at 33%. Now with going past by 10 minutes its at 56%. Remember before it took 6.5% an hour. I reverted back to 9/14/2013 Manta nightly. That's 23% per hour charging.

In my opinion, if you can live without the portrait navbar issue, not having PIE built in. Then this is by far the best nightly. The further we get into the nightlys, the more issues we may find. CarbonTeam has no Nexus 10 to work from. So for them winging it. My hat goes off to them.

So for those interested. 9/14/2013 nightly is by far the best. I originally installed it clean. Its by far the snappiest. But if you are interested, as i was, then try your luck with the continuing nightlys....good luck.....

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: sttovo

dansyco

Jun 14, 2013
So its true. I've heard the bad and good. Let's hope teamcarbon can pull through for us again.

Attachments

• 1383537708717.jpg
    1383537708717.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 287

elgar

Nov 12, 2006
Kharkiv
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
Is this thread supported? I see the nightlies at the carbon download site, but don't see any activity here. I just installed this rom to my nexus 10. but in the Carbon Settings there is some bug. Some menus are just empty. If I reopen the Carbon settings, then the menu appears, but other menus still remain invisible.

brees75

Jul 6, 2012
Dallas
Really? The latest build is over a month old.

They release a build every Friday and lately 4.4 builds every couple days for manta. Rarely ever any bugs and if any arise they are fixed in the next build. What I really like about the Slim team is that when they add features they make sure they work before adding more. From what I've seen on G+ every device has issues with Carbon and it seems to be getting worse instead of better.

sttovo

Sep 17, 2012
Cincinnati
They release a build every Friday and lately 4.4 builds every couple days for manta. Rarely ever any bugs and if any arise they are fixed in the next build. What I really like about the Slim team is that when they add features they make sure they work before adding more. From what I've seen on G+ every device has issues with Carbon and it seems to be getting worse instead of better.

I know you guys will think I've lost my marbles, but Carbon on my N10 has been the fastest ROM, seat of the pants that is. Scrolling smoothness is unequal in any other ROM I've tried... and I've tried almost every ROM for our N10, keep coming back to Carbon. Only bugs that I see are CarbonFibers displaying blank or incorrect pages and the portrait navbar bug, but I never use portrait so it doesn't bother me. I do like Slim, though, the 4.4 ROM out now runs well but drains my battery 2-3x faster than Carbon.

newellj79

Jan 2, 2011
OnePlus 8
I know you guys will think I've lost my marbles, but Carbon on my N10 has been the fastest ROM, seat of the pants that is. Scrolling smoothness is unequal in any other ROM I've tried... and I've tried almost every ROM for our N10, keep coming back to Carbon. Only bugs that I see are CarbonFibers displaying blank or incorrect pages and the portrait navbar bug, but I never use portrait so it doesn't bother me. I do like Slim, though, the 4.4 ROM out now runs well but drains my battery 2-3x faster than Carbon.

I concur that carbon is the fastest I've tried. After about a month though I had to go back to buttered AOKP for the small handful of options I enjoy that carbon doesn't provide.

dansyco

Jun 14, 2013

Hey brees75. Have they released the 4.4 Manta? I mean has carbon made it? Or its in the works?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

=Boston=

Mar 31, 2008

Thank you, i tried the rom, so far the best mix smoothness-functions for sure! Maybe a little bit less smooth than dirtyunicorns. Some minor bugs found on the last nightly (14/11/2013), menus of carbon fiber (solution for now is exit and reenter the menu), navbar in portrait mode broken, hidden navbar popping area is moving around apparently random (from bottom to right, and not coming back when back in landscape mode from portrait). Maybe the last is the more annoying bug. I think i'm going to stop using HALO...when active is literally KILLING the system and rom smoothness...why this crazy lags when active, for a such small animation? Can't understand, but HALO active/unactive is like day/night...without HALO really smooth, flashed with KTManta kernel and Creme de la creme settings, gonna test this for a couple of days.

pepetops

Apr 16, 2009
OTG is working OK for me. Tested with an 8GB flash drive and yesterdays nightly.

edit/ Just tested OK with a 2TB usb hard drive...

Hi,I use nightly-20131117-0802 and if I use sdcard N10 mount without problems but when I use an external disk ,for ex. 750 Gb, I can only see typical LOST.DIR on a 150 Gb disk (!!!). If I use external apk like stickmount it found 2 disks, sda1 (with nothing than LOST.DIR) and sda2 with all files than rom can't show me... The disk I use has NTFS format...
All this make help you to see where is the mistake?
Thx

Masciale

Jan 18, 2013
You know it's in progress. Last unofficial compiled for i605 by slickrick on 12-05 was damn near finished minus some reg cm bugs, pie n halo. Just a matter of time. Been using rastakat as a basic jumpoff

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features
    Simply stated, we can't really list features here. There are too many and they change too frequently, and we now support a truly insane number of devices. Chances are, if you like a feature, we have it already. Seriously.

Screenshots

screen1s.jpg
    screen2s.jpg
    screen3s.jpg

screen4s.jpg
    screen5s.jpg
    screen6s.jpg

screen7s.jpg
    screen8s.jpg
    screen9s.jpg

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features, changelog, and FAQ can be found on our goo.im page.

Both nightly and release builds are available. Please note that nightlies are for development purposes. This means that they may not work properly, may not flash, may not build for days at a time, and will probably eat your cat. If you flash these, know what you're doing, have backups, and don't complain when something happens. It's on you!

http://carbon-rom.com

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Change Log

You can also find a changelog in Settings->Carbon->About Carbon

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our goo.im page linked above. It's new, but expanding fast. Just like us!

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Join our G+ Community: http://community.carbon-rom.com This is where we spend the bulk of our time and the best way to reach us and other community members. We update and frequent this community far more than XDA, simply due to time constraints and the convenience of G+.

5) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Andros11

BigShotRob

Bionic Beast

dg4prez

Kejar31

mattmanwrx

morfic

nocoast

pixeldotz

slick_rick

winner00

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

Hey everybody! So we decided to make an actual CarbonDev account and post useful information about the rom through this account instead of our personal accounts, you know, so we seem professional and whatnot.We are also in the process of changing the OP's to this account so they don't say 1.6 anymore lol. We have contacted xda and are waiting for that to get done, all in good time. We hope this change will make everything a bit easier for you, our precious users, but also for us in a logistical sense. We try to do everything possible to make Carbon user friendly and to meet the needs of the majority and hopefully this will help us maintain that goal. Anyways, back to work! Peace.
    Here is 0603 if needed.

https://mega.co.nz/#!DFsjGS7b!UfqzzmgKHd5A6V77REereX3GJ4kGOC2idNb-RUBM7Mk

edit
    See if you have problems with Solid Explorer and other file explorers writing to system, adaway was able to install a hosts file though so obviously that could write to system.
    Any chance of a mirror, goo seems to be painfully slow. Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

a little late but here you go:
    carbon nightly 5/24 nightly
    sabermod its 2 times faster

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

perhaps you should stay in that thread then...it's bad manners to leave posts such as that. as for the speed, it may be your settings/kernel/etc. i have no complaints with my tab whatsoever.