[Release] wmVista Beta (vista on windows mobile) [Release]

Search This thread

brynwall

Aug 8, 2007
Boise, ID
*UPDATE: 1/31/09*
Some bad news people. The beta was scheduled to be released later this very Saturday afternoon, with only a few minor touches to be added. However, as of this morning, my AT&T Tilt no longer works. It cannot turn on, and when I plug it it to charge, I get the red light of death. Therefore, wmVista Public Beta will have to be temporarily postponed until either the Tilt has been fixed, or until I purchase a new windows mobile 6 phone. Either of these options should be completed within one to two weeks into February. Sorry for the inconvenience.

That is in the description on the video

Cal-El

Jul 22, 2008
Golden Valley, MN
Oh, no! Surely not another broken device just as the releaser was about to publish the software. :rolleyes:

These phones seem to have a knack of failing at the crucial moment! :)
Ok, well let's not all start crying about not being spoon fed our free software on time! :rolleyes: It will be ready when its ready, and it will still be free! I am sorry to hear about your tilt Trent! PM me if I can help in any way! :)

paul4d

Feb 15, 2008
Ok, well let's not all start crying about not being spoon fed our free software on time! :rolleyes: It will be ready when its ready, and it will still be free! I am sorry to hear about your tilt Trent! PM me if I can help in any way! :)

You must be American, irony chip removed at birth!
Get over yourself, I am sure Trent will get the job done...with, or without your tongue in his arse! ;)

Cal-El

Jul 22, 2008
Golden Valley, MN
Get over yourself, I am sure Trent will get the job done...with, or without your tongue in his arse! ;)
Well before that goes any farther! No need to be so defensive! I apologize if you are hurt over that comment, I am just tired of everyone complaining about free software not being done on their time schedual! I meant no offence to you personaly! ;)

kaiserII101

Jun 29, 2008
Groningen

what sense did this post make.....what exactly are you telling him to get over? the thing he is telling everyone else to get over oh and better remove this part if you dont want a warning from the Mods
paul4d said:
.....with, or without your tongue in his arse! ;)

DaveTheTytnIIGuy

Aug 28, 2008
Sacramento, California
It's a shame that the software was delayed. I had been waiting for this for a while. But considering he's making the software for free, and is trying to keep everyone in the development loop, I suppose I won't mind waiting a few weeks more. That's also a real shame about his broken kaiser.

Dave

ajclai08

Jun 17, 2008
yeah most likely a fake application written in C++ to look like a vista OS on a wmphone but really no functionality at all.

F2504x4

Jan 18, 2008
Well hopefully someone can direct him to this thread and maybe it will help him fix it...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=358136

by sWuRv

Red light of death fixed!!! (sticky???)
I think I just figured out how to fix it!!!!!!! I was tinkering around and got my red light brick to turn on!!!! I'm not sure exactly what fixed it so here's everything I did-

1. Removed the storage & sim cards.
2. Took off the backplate.
3. Removed the battery.
4. Bent these 2 pins up a little bit:

5. Put the battery in at an angle, so that the power leads were connected, but the metal shielding plate on the back of the battery was not touching:

6. Hit the power button (with the battery still "halfway" installed) Bam, green light of life.

Somebody please confirm this. Meanwhile I'll be copywriting this process so anyone who performs it owes me 10 bucks :D

Last edited:

paul4d

Feb 15, 2008
I really have to agree with Cal-El on this one I mean come on! Of course its real you don't know how to watch a video on youtube i guess huh?

It's about as likely to happen as your "pomegranate" project! ;)

No one is moaning about not getting the free software, most of it never gets used more than a couple of times. They are nearly, and I stress nearly, all gimmicks that are so buggy that they get consigned to the recycle bin in a matter of hours anyway. We all love aesthetically pleasing front ends but without proper functionality they are useless. I personnally adore Vista, always have done, this would be the perfect software for my Kaiser but I always take these "out of the blue" releases with a pinch of salt...my post was not meant as a personal attack but being a sinical Englishman I tend to look at things I can actually flash to the phone rather than "net hype".

I am sure we will all be running this in a couple of weeks, if so I'll come back here, give you a public apology and a big hug!

kaiserII101

Jun 29, 2008
Groningen
It's about as likely to happen as your "pomegranate" project! ;)

No one is moaning about not getting the free software, most of it never gets used more than a couple of times. They are nearly, and I stress nearly, all gimmicks that are so buggy that they get consigned to the recycle bin in a matter of hours anyway. We all love aesthetically pleasing front ends but without proper functionality they are useless. I personnally adore Vista, always have done, this would be the perfect software for my Kaiser but I always take these "out of the blue" releases with a pinch of salt...my post was not meant as a personal attack but being a sinical Englishman I tend to look at things I can actually flash to the phone rather than "net hype".

I am sure we will all be running this in a couple of weeks, if so I'll come back here, give you a public apology and a big hug!

Um btw I know pomegranate is fake they kind've tell you that when you click the 'release date' its just for fun like Googles TiSP beta :p

mech_supernova

Jan 12, 2008
im not trying to ruffel featers here but why would his phone taring up stop him from releasing his software? Im sure he's been backing it up often and if he has just been keeping it on his phone and its tore up now wouldent he have to start from scratch? I think he just needs more time, maybe he ran into a last min glitch.