[APP] XBMC remote modified for Gtab

Search This thread

freezy3k

May 31, 2010
Alright. I'll probably render a hires version of the remote and pack it into a new app specially for tablets.

palagai

Dec 29, 2010
you need to have some x number of post to links. Till then you can spell it.
like w w w dot somthing dot com.

i think you need >10 post.

freezy3k

May 31, 2010
Yeah so some quick update, gesture mode should be fixed too in current SVN. After "now playing" I'll probably push out a new market version.

Reactions: WickedStyx

Coldfirex

Aug 20, 2009
Bryan, TX
Thanks!
Enjoying this on the tab.

Is there anyway to have the Now Playing screen also adjust to the orientation of how I holding the tab (like the main screen does when you are connected to a host)?

I noticed that when you are on the remote control screen, if you are holding it vertically you cannot see the 'Display' button or label.

RavenZero

Oct 8, 2010
Is anyone working on a full version of XBMC that will work on a Tegra 2 tablet as well or better than it currently does on the iPad? It would seem that the Tegra 2 is ripe for such a full media player application...

dustya

Nov 28, 2010
Is there a way too make movie index larger looking at those small pictures hurts my eyes

dalexand

Feb 19, 2011
Volume Control Slider? XBMC for Tablet

Was there ever a version posted with virtual volume control (ie a slider of some sort) for tablets with non physical volume control?

ylsf

Dec 6, 2007
Is OP or anyone else still working on making changes to the XBMC Remote for G-tablet? The app is awesome (I originally installed this one but then something happened to my g-tablet and I forgot about this one and have the official one installed right now). Would also be great to be able to see the movie thumbnails larger and other enhancement to make it look nice on the g-tablet.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EDIT: Official version on the market has been updated to support tablets.

I modified the official XBMC remote app so it scales properly on the Gtab. You now get a huge ass 10" remote control :)

beta 1.1:
    - Fixed force close when Official XBMC Remote app not installed. You need to uninstall the old version sorry.

beta 1:
    - Remote control scales to full screen in portait and landscape.
    - Status bar displayed when using remote control (so you can use soft back, menu, home buttons).
    - Playback controls on "Now Playing" view scales to screen width.

Todo:
    - Gesture remote full screen
    - Layout fixes for Library view
    - Landscape view for library, now playing, etc

Credits to Team XBMC for the original app.

Disclaimer: This app will probably cause your device to explode so don't use it.

I installed this but when I try running the app I get a forced close.
    Committed in r717*. At least the remote screen. Now playing and others will be done soon.

code.google.com/p/android-xbmcremote/source/detail?r=717
    Alright. I'll probably render a hires version of the remote and pack it into a new app specially for tablets.

Got a PM from xboxexpert saying that it's working well on Nook Color 7" :)
    Yeah so some quick update, gesture mode should be fixed too in current SVN. After "now playing" I'll probably push out a new market version.