Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

Dev Issues, rom prefrences?

124 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By jay4mont78, Senior Member on 28th November 2011, 06:29 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey guys and gals,

Just wanted to know if you have Dev rom issues with them working for a while then all of a sudden it either FC on you with super user or installing apps. I have to this point, had a lot of problems with the roms at times. Even when i change the write permissions I've had issues through CWM. I support all the Devs here to making and updating ROMS for the best phone that Tmo has at this point.

Another question is what is the LONGEST rom you have used and had it work for longer than 3+ months? Not only a stable release but a great kernal for batt life and efficient app/program running you have come across? This thread is in no way to put Devs against each other but more to learn on the strengths/weaknesses the MT4G (Glacier) has and how to deal with such issues.

Personally, I feel that all the devs can make a "same export file" for the contacts list instead of gumming up your sd card full of contact info with multiple vcf files of the sort.

One more issue i have is the Super user not being able to update in accordance with the other files on the rom/Device itself, and yet running smoothly without it FC on the rom i'm currently running, which at this time is "Beat Sense".

Do any of you have the same issues as I do or is it just me? Please let me know what you think of this thread and post your finds and issues, both positive and negative. Thanks.

28th November 2011, 06:31 AM |#2  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Nowhere
Thanks Meter: 3,354

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay4mont78

Hey guys and gals,

Just wanted to know if you have Dev rom issues with them working for a while then all of a sudden it either FC on you with super user or installing apps. I have to this point, had a lot of problems with the roms at times. Even when i change the write permissions I've had issues through CWM. I support all the Devs here to making and updating ROMS for the best phone that Tmo has at this point.

Another question is what is the LONGEST rom you have used and had it work for longer than 3+ months? Not only a stable release but a great kernal for batt life and efficient app/program running you have come across? This thread is in no way to put Devs against each other but more to learn on the strengths/weaknesses the MT4G (Glacier) has and how to deal with such issues.

Personally, I feel that all the devs can make a "same export file" for the contacts list instead of gumming up your sd card full of contact info with multiple vcf files of the sort.

One more issue i have is the Super user not being able to update in accordance with the other files on the rom/Device itself, and yet running smoothly without it FC on the rom i'm currently running, which at this time is "Beat Sense".

Do any of you have the same issues as I do or is it just me? Please let me know what you think of this thread and post your finds and issues, both positive and negative. Thanks.

Questions belong in the Q & A section. Thank You.
sckboy78
28th November 2011, 06:48 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...Please Read **

A member since 2010 should know this.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
28th November 2011, 08:01 AM |#4  
Account currently disabled
Flag Virginia beach
Thanks Meter: 3,765

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sckboy78

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...Please Read **

A member since 2010 should know this.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

What he said....

If I helped, give thanks, if you please.

Sent from my fist to your nuts, enjoy!
The Following User Says Thank You to The Archangel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift The Archangel Ad-Free
2nd December 2011, 05:57 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Thumbs down
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay4mont78

Hey guys and gals,

I've been modding since the G1 and one thing I've learned is to leave well enough alone. The ROM I'm using has been smooth for me for months, so much so that I don't bother to update it when new versions come out. A lot of times new versions post speed improvements or new features but if its not an entirely new ROM or something huge, I stick with what I've got. I dont mean to imply that the dev's put out bad builds but stuff happens. Could be my fault, could be a bad flash. There have been lots of times where ROMs work perfectly for me but others are having all sorts of problems.

What I'm saying is, find something that works for you and stick with it as long as you can.
24th April 2012, 04:44 AM |#6  
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 1,093

More
Thread moved to Q&A.......
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)