• Not happy running custom stock

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Not happy running custom rom

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

joesnose

Dec 5, 2009
Had my xperia sp for a couple of weeks and am very surprised by how dreadful the stock ROM was. I came from a GalaxyS2 that was smooth running stock and amazing with the plethora of custom ROMs. I did a little research before choosing the phone and saw a couple of gripes here and there but a lot more positive reviews. I am very surprised that there are not a lot of threads starting here with "this phone sucks balls"!

The lags around the system are shocking and having to press the touch screen four times for before it eventually responds a second or two later to all four touches! Not good Sony.

Is my phone broke? I don't think so, although crippled by an unlockable boot loader, as the cm10.2 for locked bootloader does fix it.

So are you happy with yours?

Last edited:

Treboeth

Jul 6, 2013
Your phone is not broke?

I too came from a Galaxy S2 and changed for the battery life and 4g capability.

Also have a locked bootloader so feel hamstrung as I always had Slimsaber on my phone.
Currently on Existenz which is an improvement over stock.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

KhrisnaIndrawan

Aug 28, 2013
I am happy becoz i came from galaxy mini :D .
Yeah this phone have many problem . But im happy coz i cant buy phone again hhe .

Yeah im using existenz rom . This rom is awesome hhe . It fix many bug on stock sp .and improve performance .

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

wiidbzxt

Jan 13, 2011
Cuautitlán Izcalli
Eh...sort of. At times I do feel really happy with it, but some days I just want to get rid of it. I constantly plan on switching it for a Moto X, but then I find few features that make me wonder if it's really worth the investment. Right now, I'm quite happy running stock rooted rom with few Xposed tweaks, which I never tried before.

lucaslexford

Jun 26, 2012
i'm not happy because of update that sony gave was terrible :')
i hope sony will give the kitkat update for SP to fix the sh*t, to to add more sh*t :D

tomzzi

Apr 21, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Not happy. I will probably sell phone under price... :(
- .254 battery life s#cks
- .266 lag, lag, lag
- .201 still lag but little better than .266

Bad camera, not greatest build quality...

After 5-8 years of using Sony/Sony Ericsson phones this is the worst one! I need to buy something else but i dont know which phone should i buy.

alifseven7

Dec 24, 2012
Malacca
Huawei P30
Using custom rom Carbon(kit kat version) and quite happy with it. I think it could be better. Battery life is the ONLY thing that i concern. Already used latest .201 stock and not happy with it. Will use SP at least for a year more. :fingers-crossed:

ohmygel

May 9, 2012
Sometimes im happy with my phone because it can play more games plus hd screen compared to my previous SE android phonetbut im very much disappointed with the camera and sometimes it lags.

Sent from my C5303 using xda app-developers app

mrjraider

Jul 1, 2012
Happy compared to my Old Samsung Galaxy S Plus (horrible device.... :p but great ROM support better than here with the Xperia SP....).
Sometimes I just dont like the way Sony is handeling this device. Delaying updates and now even rejecting Kitkat? It is lame.. But I get use to it.....

Gamer R

Jan 19, 2012
Humans are rational beings . Their thirst for more cannot be quenched.

Well, Sony Xperia SP is definitely the BEST phone in its price category. That everybody have to agree.

I know the stock firmware is not well optimised , but... hey I used to own a Samsung Galaxy Y before , so anything is better than that low end smartphone.

chazam

Nov 26, 2005
Thurrock
gplus.to
It's been a pleasure and pain for me.

When it runs well, it's amazing.
Smooth, good looking, very capable capable hardware .

Other times, it's a dog! Hanging, slow loading with app crashes.

I got mine to replace a Moto G that I destroyed accidentally. Pleased and disappointed with it at the same time.

Come on Sony. Please fix the issues that some people are having with this excellent phone!

Sadman Khan

Feb 1, 2012
Well i used SP for like 6 months. I loved my experience. But due to exams approaching, i had to switch to a larger device and ended up getting Z Ultra. Kit Kat is horrendous compared to 4.3 so i'd suggest you guys not to dream about it. Maybe 4.4.3 will be better. But for now i'll stick to 4.3 as it is much smoother and faster. I kinda miss my SP though. It was lovely

Sent from my C6802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

noahvt

Jan 27, 2013
Antwerpen
Yep but I'm on a custom ROM and it doesn't lag at all not even once

joesnose

Dec 5, 2009
Yep but I'm on a custom ROM and it doesn't lag at all not even once

What ROM are you on? Have a locked bootloader and very limited in ROMs. Even found the modified stock ones are only marginally better. Cyanagen for locked bootloader has saved my phone from imminent death!

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk 2

velnens123

Dec 23, 2010
Lincoln
Every version of stock ROM is extremely laggy, has problems like bad RAM, very unresponsive touchscreen, freezing, etc. That's why I use CyanogenMod 10.1(UB) which is extremely fast and has no problems at all.

noahvt

Jan 27, 2013
Antwerpen
What ROM are you on? Have a locked bootloader and very limited in ROMs. Even found the modified stock ones are only marginally better. Cyanagen for locked bootloader has saved my phone from imminent death!

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk 2

I'm running Vanir AOSP android 4.4.2 but it's only for UBL :(

kmiloxdxd

May 21, 2013
Vancouver
Unhappy with xperia sp

the back cover is squeaking, android stock is so laggy and full of bugs, camera is the worst. the sd mount for games is not permited, only for pictures and music.
the good is in the games in some games xperia sp is faster.
i think change my xperia sp for nexus 5,galaxy s3 or moto g.
i am very disappointed for sony and this phone.

Last edited: