548 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By volDeus, Senior Member on 7th June 2009, 06:48 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th June 2009, 02:29 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
hi voldeus!

still ive been playing your program ms3config v.15 and is still running smoothly on my phone, no errors.
i just followed your instructions:
--1. Disable all panels in previous version and apply changes.
--2. Restart MS3.
--3. Uninstall previous version.
--4. Delete "MS3Config" folder from your "Program Files" folder.
--5. Delete "MS3Config.dat" from your "Spb Mobile Shell" folder.
--6. Install MS3 Config version 0.15.

but before doing #6, i uninstall my mods like mskips widget proplus ( no soft reset) and reinstall it back then did #6. i had no data loss. i even it installed on "my storage/storage card", no problems.
they worked perfectly just the way i like it.

except for the minor bug, white line clustering at the bottom on panels with scrolling up and down which disappear after scroll or changing to another panel.

overall i like your program compared to other mods in changing backgrounds. its a separate app, easy to use, can select panels to change and hope more developments and additions to come.
thank you!
25th June 2009, 07:45 PM |#102  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by volDeus

If you could .. try re-installing MS3 Config to your device instead of storage card ... let me know what happens.

Will do...

I still get the exact same error as before. I do have SPB Shell installed on my storage card. If I get time, I can try to put it on the device as well, but I have very limited memory on the acer f900, so I'm trying to use up my 16gb MSDHC instead for installations. Otherwise I can't run the ammount of junk I like to play with.
25th June 2009, 08:09 PM |#103  

More
Followed Ali1010's procedure and it is working fine now. Previously I missed deleting MS3config.dat from the Spb shell programs folder. That had to be the issue.

Thanks again for all the work!!!

FreddyB
26th June 2009, 02:42 AM |#104  
OP Senior Member
Flag Las Vegas, NV

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaver30

Same log here on my HTC DIAMOND.

Thank you! .. There is another test version I will attach to my next post that I hope will give me even more insight into solving the problem. Please download and run it as well if you have time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali1010

still ive been playing your program ms3config v.15 and is still running smoothly on my phone, no errors.
i just followed your instructions:
--1. Disable all panels in previous version and apply changes.
--2. Restart MS3.
--3. Uninstall previous version.
--4. Delete "MS3Config" folder from your "Program Files" folder.
--5. Delete "MS3Config.dat" from your "Spb Mobile Shell" folder.
--6. Install MS3 Config version 0.15.

but before doing #6, i uninstall my mods like mskips widget proplus ( no soft reset) and reinstall it back then did #6. i had no data loss. i even it installed on "my storage/storage card", no problems.
they worked perfectly just the way i like it.

except for the minor bug, white line clustering at the bottom on panels with scrolling up and down which disappear after scroll or changing to another panel.

Thank you for your continuing support Ali!! I haven't forgotten about your problem... Look for me on MSN Messenger so that we can talk about it a bit more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbickley

Followed Ali1010's procedure and it is working fine now. Previously I missed deleting MS3config.dat from the Spb shell programs folder. That had to be the issue.

I am glad it's working for you!! I am not surprised that it was the issue ... There are differences in file names and formats between v0.15 and earlier versions. In future versions, if there are major changes that might cause errors like what you had seen, I will make sure that the installer compensates for it so that you will no longer have to complete extra steps to get up and running.
26th June 2009, 02:46 AM |#105  
OP Senior Member
Flag Las Vegas, NV

More
Regarding the "ZipException CreateFileCE Failed" Error

I have been in contact with the developer of the archiving library that is throwing this exception and he has updated his library to give more details for the error at this point!!!

I have attached another test version of MS3 Config to this post with the updated archiving library..

If someone can run this version and post the log file again, it will be greatly appreciated ...

Thanks again!!
26th June 2009, 06:05 AM |#106  

More
Quote:

FreddyB

hi fbickley,
thats very good to know yours working fine now.
i just reposted voldeus instructions hoping i could help someone who are having probs with this great customizer background app.

glad i did.
you are welcome fbickley. all credit goes to master voldeus.
26th June 2009, 06:52 AM |#107  
Flag seattle
Thanks Meter: 22

More
so far ive tried everything everyone else seems to be having success with and i even performed a hard reset to make sure i wasnt missing any thing and still wont work here is my log.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MS3C.zip - [Click for QR Code] (593 Bytes, 20 views)
26th June 2009, 07:14 AM |#108  
OP Senior Member
Flag Las Vegas, NV

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyne1

so far ive tried everything everyone else seems to be having success with and i even performed a hard reset to make sure i wasnt missing any thing and still wont work here is my log.

Was this with the version that I just uploaded with the new archive library?
26th June 2009, 07:46 AM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:

Regarding the "ZipException CreateFileCE Failed" Error

I have been in contact with the developer of the archiving library that is throwing this exception and he has updated his library to give more details for the error at this point!!!

I have attached another test version of MS3 Config to this post with the updated archiving library..

If someone can run this version and post the log file again, it will be greatly appreciated ...

Thanks again!!

I ll post it this afternoon (Europe)

Thanks.
26th June 2009, 08:40 AM |#110  
Flag seattle
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:

Was this with the version that I just uploaded with the new archive library?

yes it is the recent one you put up in post 105 although im getting a different error message that mentions .net 3.5 so i tried intalling two different cabs of 3.5 and even used .netconfig to pair it to ms3config nothing helped, not sure what it could be
MS3Config.exe
FileNotFoundException
An error message is available for this exception but cannot be displayed because these messages are optional and are not currently installed on this device. Please install ‘NETCFv35.Messages.EN.wm.cab’ for Windows Mobile 5.0 and above or ‘NETCFv35.Messages.EN.cab’ for other platforms. Restart the application to see the message.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync, String msgPath)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize)
at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials)
at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri, String role, Type ofObjectToReturn)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrlDelegate(Objec t xmlResolver)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrl()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
at MS3Config.XMLPatcher.Entry.Read(String strFileName)
at MS3Config.XMLPatcher.Entry.Read()
at MS3Config.Form1.UpdatePanelStates()
at MS3Config.Form1.tabPanels_Paint(Object sender, PaintEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnPaint(PaintEventArg s e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WnProc(WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control._InternalWnProc(WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam)
at Microsoft.AGL.Forms.EVL.EnterMainLoop(IntPtr hwnMain)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form fm)
at MS3Config.Program.Main()
26th June 2009, 09:17 AM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:

FreddyB

If afraid that is not the ultimate solution. I followed the instructions and still have the same error.

Greetings
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)