[HOW TO]Move the clock in Android Pie

Search This thread

Leon

Dec 31, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Redmi Note 9
How to move the clock on the right or put it in the center on android pie

There is a way to move the clock on the right where it was. For me, personally, I get used to to be in the left, but I also like to be able to personalize my phone on the way I want. Now, this is possible :)

1. You need to install an app called System UI Tuner and register for the beta program. After this, you have to receive an update of the app. Update it.

2. Need to give it permission through ADB. Here are the commands:

adb shell pm grant com.zacharee1.systemuituner android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS

adb shell pm grant com.zacharee1.systemuituner android.permission.PACKAGE_USAGE_STATS

adb shell pm grant com.zacharee1.systemuituner android.permission.DUMP

3.Go to Status bar > Custom and click Add item. Enter the key "right_clock_position". Enter whatever name for it you want. The new item will be created. Toggle it OFF.

Screenshot:
https://i.imgur.com/iTGR24G.jpg

The littles little buggy for me, just keep it in mind. Also, the clock can be moved in the center with "middle_clock_position"

Source: Reddit

Last edited:

kornholio788

Feb 15, 2016
I will test when I get home. But if it works, even if buggy, THANK YOU! Driving me nuts! Now to figure out how to disable the carrier brand name in the notification bar too.

rboddy

Jul 22, 2010
I don't have a Custom option in my taskbar option screen, any idea why? I just downloaded the app tonight so I have the newest version.

Archangel

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jul 14, 2010
Reno, NV
Havent got my S9 yet is the beta app an in app registration? I dont see the app listed as having a beta program in the play store?

kin201303

May 13, 2013

There is a way to move the clock on the right where it was. For me, personally, I get used to to be in the left, but I also like to be able to personalize my phone on the way I want. Now, this is possible :)

1. You need to install an app called System UI Tuner and register for the beta program. After this, you have to receive an update of the app. Update it.

adb shell pm grant com.zacharee1.systemuituner android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS

adb shell pm grant com.zacharee1.systemuituner android.permission.PACKAGE_USAGE_STATS

3.Go to Status bar > Custom and click Add item. Enter the key "right_clock_position". Enter whatever name for it you want. The new item will be created. Toggle it OFF.

Screenshot:

The littles little buggy for me, just keep it in mind. Also, the clock can be moved in the center with "middle_clock_position"

thank you work s8+ g9550

Attachments

• A.jpg
    A.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 417
  • B.jpg
    B.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 411
Last edited:

TraCerTz

Apr 3, 2013
Hello guys, I've downloaded the app.. However I don't see the beta tester button or whatsoever. Any ideas? I've tried via Android and via PC, can't find it.

m1batt1

Hello guys, I've downloaded the app.. However I don't see the beta tester button or whatsoever. Any ideas? I've tried via Android and via PC, can't find it.

I just gave this a shot and it looks like there's no longer a beta process. I just downloaded the app, ran the adb permissions, went to status bar, scrolled to bottom and selected custom, and did the key that was listed in OP. Worked like a charm.

boselfje

Nov 6, 2016
I just gave this a shot and it looks like there's no longer a beta process. I just downloaded the app, ran the adb permissions, went to status bar, scrolled to bottom and selected custom, and did the key that was listed in OP. Worked like a charm.

does this still work? Cause i've tried and tried, through the app and through adb and nothing makes the clock move. I have a Sony device Xperia XA2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Screenshot:

Havent got my S9 yet is the beta app an in app registration? I dont see the app listed as having a beta program in the play store?

Where i can find the beta version register???

Scroll down in the play store listing, its there, click join.