** OFFICIAL WHICH IS THE BEST ROM THREAD **

Search This thread

saidiadude

Sep 22, 2014
JCSullins' 9/13 build of CyanogenMod 11 (4.4.4) is excellent. One reboot so far - not sure why. An issue with the battery not charging, but hopefully that is fixed soon.

rcharliesam

Sep 18, 2014
JCSullins' 9/13 build of CyanogenMod 11 (4.4.4) is excellent. One reboot so far - not sure why. An issue with the battery not charging, but hopefully that is fixed soon.

Any luck with getting the charging sorted out yet? Also, how well does the touchpad handle the newer software? I am running cm9 on mine still.

dwalk51

Aug 9, 2012
I concur! This ROM really is excellent on the touchpad!

I too can vouch for the 9/17 build running nicely. Battery drain is acceptable (would drain on it's own with no usage in about 5 days, maybe?) and I've had no reboots, been running for about a week with intermittent usage. I opted to use the "Pico Modular Package" of gapps found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2397942. This version of gapps comes with hardly anything installed, which is how I prefer it. I haven't tested it but I think it's running faster with the Pico gapps package rather than the standard download.

I'm going to update to one of the more recent builds and report back here within a week.

dwalk51

Aug 9, 2012
I never updated my original post. I updated to the October 15th build and have been using that on my touchpad for a while. I find it to be adequately stable and with similar battery drain to the 9/17 build. I still wish it felt faster and didn't drain so much battery, but I realize I probably can't have both.

pahlbrandt

Jun 15, 2010
Fairview, PA
ROM with keyboard/mouse capability?

I am looking for a ROM that will allow the simultaneous use of a keyboard and mouse through USB OTG. Does anyone have any experience with a ROM that works with both?

Reference issue thread : http://xdaforums.com/hp-touchpad/help/hp-touchpad-mouse-keyboard-issue-time-t2995211

I will go back to CM9 if I have too but want to see if anyone can prove it works on the ROM they are running currently.

yus786

Jul 21, 2008
Hi guys, I've got a touchpad running webOS and before I stick on android on it I was wondering what the most stable firmware is at the moment as it's going to be used as a daily driver

Thanks in advance

DJ AJ

Nov 27, 2014
Now let's talk lollipop... What would you guys recommend? Evervolv by Flintman or CM12 by Milaq? Camera isn't working in CM, but what would you guys say performance-wise?

Sent form my Oneplus One using XDA free mobile app

brianhelfrich

Mar 28, 2015
Now let's talk lollipop... What would you guys recommend? Evervolv by Flintman or CM12 by Milaq? Camera isn't working in CM, but what would you guys say performance-wise?

Sent form my Oneplus One using XDA free mobile app

i'm on 3/27 tenderloin, it had a little trouble while i was installing apps from play store with occasional reboots but since then it hasnt rebooted almost at all. camera doesn't work but netflix, etc do :good:

having some trouble today (freezing and rebooting) while trying to browse websites/watch embedded videos in chrome, and opening images stored on device

Last edited:

rjs987

Feb 4, 2011
Just busted my touchpad back out running cm 9. Was wondering if anyone could recomend a solid Stable rom

musafir84

Aug 16, 2011
vfriendz.com
Support for Screen Cast / Miracast / Screen Mirroring

Which is the most stable and well supported ROM that supports Screen Cast / Miracast / Screen Mirroring?

darksavior

May 14, 2010
Los Angeles
evervolv 7.1.2 freezes too much. What's the best rom to use ? I don't care if its 4.x,5.x,6.x as long as it's smooth. I tried some 4.x lineage rom but youtube had bugs.

jimger

Anyone that has changed many roms suggesting the most stable?
I have cm9 I think (Android 4) and I have given as a present to my aunt. But she told me that it has become very very slow. Se basically needs it for book reading (moon+ reader) and browsing and chatting through fb. Maybe even netflix or something similar. Any suggestions? I want any stable rom KitKat and later.

Thanks

purplegreendave

Dec 20, 2010
Is there any life left in this tablet/forum? I just booted mine up for the first time in a long time. In About Tablet it says CyanogenMod Version: 11-20151116-SNAPSHOT-jcsullins-tenderloin. Rom works ok but I'm thinking of flashing something else, it's a bit laggy even with <10 apps installed. I realise it's an old tablet with not much RAM but is there anything remotely snappy out there, that doesn't have wifi issues when it sleeps?

Balooz01

May 16, 2015
The dirty unicorns room or lineage 14.1rom have been working for me. I've chosen the dirty unicorns. Up and running on two of three of my TPs.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Wam7

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Using AOKP remix CM9 by SGA december latest release since it's out. Most stable that i've tried.
    I'm using the unofficial cm10.1 nightlies. Don't use blue tooth. The sound cutting off will be fixed, I'm sure.

im using the cm10.1 nightlies too, and the first time i installed it sound was not working when screen was off , there was that annoying bip and then nothing , then i tried other roms, and now i came back to cm10.1 nightlies and sound is working with screen off...i cannot explain why but the only thing i can remember i did differently was to try to turn on bluetooth, i know it sounds stupid but who knows... :D
    I just realized I am still on Jcsullins build from 4/18 and still enjoying it!

you should try a new rom 8.082013, bluetooth works fine :victory:
    you should try a new rom 8.082013, bluetooth works fine :victory:

also, another stable version CM0:

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/37091-unofficial-cm10-with-working-camera/
    Okay, I've read over 500 XDA posts, and as soon as I think I find a ROM that will work for me, I learn that it doesn't have bluetooth support, or video support, or camera support, or something else.

So I still have a virgin 32GB Touchpad with WebOS on it. But the WebOS browser is pretty useless these days, and I really want to be able to use this thing. :D

So what ROM do you recommend for me?

Here are my priorities:
    1. Everything must work. This includes bluetooth, camera, video camera, WiFi, sound, etc.
    2. Stable and reliable.
    3. As recent of a version of Android as possible.
    4. Ability to keep WebOS on it.
    5. Configurable.
    6. Good battery life.

What do YOU recommend for these priorities? :highfive:

CM9 Latest nightly should suit all the priorities except 3rd Priority!:good: