Indian Xiaomi mi3 Owner's Thread - views, reviews,rooting,Support and more!!

Search This thread

paarthdesai

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 2, 2012
mumbai
Samsung Galaxy S21+
zmh8uv.jpg

"Welcome to the Indian Mi3 Discussion Thread"..Discuss and share your opinion regarding this monster

mi3 has been launched in India & is available all across the country through flipkart

feel free to share your user experience , after sales service and many other thing here :)

rooting the indian mi3 is easy and you dont even need to flash any developer roms that may included bugs

instructions to root your mi3

download all the files attached below

flash CWM recovery 6.0.5.0 (update.zip) by opening Updater app, click menu - select "select update package option". Then select the "update.zip" and update. Now your phone will ask you to reboot. Select reboot now.
flash the r7 recovery zip in the same way for cwm 6.0.4.8 and true dual boot and many other changes

now download the rootv** india zip file ,

open Updater app, click menu - select "select update package option". Then select the "rootv** india" and update. Now your phone will ask you to reboot. Select reboot now.

4. Reboot your system now. Go to Security app - Permissions - Root permission - Turn on. U have root access now. :D:D

2qa8pjn.gif

going back to stock
download cwm stock zip , open updater app , select the update, flash ! and baaam all stock and boring it izz again :p

credits - miui.com

Attachments

• update.zip
    10.1 MB · Views: 1,160
  • CWM_recovery_r7_cancro.zip
    11.9 MB · Views: 1,059
  • cwm_stock_signed.zip
    11 MB · Views: 907
Last edited:

shzz

Dec 28, 2011
What about rooting v23...will this method be applicable for v23

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk 2

paarthdesai

Jun 2, 2012
mumbai
Samsung Galaxy S21+
What about rooting v23...will this method be applicable for v23

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk 2

try it and report, i dont think many people are aware of mi3 forum on xda :) soo atm just a few of us have to experiment with stuffs ;)

YeAH ! Rooting using the above file,takes back to 18.0

you tried?

well... good job :good:
what about cwm 6.0.4.8 (latest) and TWRP , ??
:D
calm down mate, everything will be available ..chill and enjoy your miui ;)

paarthdesai

Jun 2, 2012
mumbai
Samsung Galaxy S21+
added v23 ,v22 ,v19 ..:)

+ added a zip to unroot v23 if at all you're facing troubles with root :p

cwm 6.0.4.8 added with TrueDualBoot, made by furniel & donbot

Also added to this Recovery: Aroma Filemanager & Aroma Terminal!

link on the first post :D

Last edited:

viki_beginner

Jun 23, 2013
Mumbai
Is there a boot loader or something needed to be unlock ?

and if not like in your method can we directly install custom ROMs available for MI3 ?? :confused:

hara74

Feb 9, 2012
Herrstein
Xiaomi Mi 9
Xiaomi 13
thanks for the response.. :)

But can i install it on my Second system.. without affecting system one ??

As i can see here Data is shared between both sys1 n sys2.. how m i supposed to change that.. ( Recovery with dualboot enabled will do ??)

yes,
after flashing a TDB (True DualBoot) recovery, and enable TDB, the data will not share between System 1 and 2

I use it for a couple of time,
System 1 - WIUI
System 2 - different Roms (always Switch between stable and dev)

no probs so far

Qwerty123 \m/

Nov 3, 2011
xxxxxxxxx
Can someone please help me purchase the mi3 on tuesday at 2pm ?
I have my exams starting on Monday and have a paper at 1.30 pm everyday so wont be able to purchase. If you could buy one and keep it in cart and ship to my address via COD with flipkart i would be very thankful.

shhbz

Jul 19, 2010
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ Searching...
Can someone please help me purchase the mi3 on tuesday at 2pm ?
I have my exams starting on Monday and have a paper at 1.30 pm everyday so wont be able to purchase. If you could buy one and keep it in cart and ship to my address via COD with flipkart i would be very thankful.

well if you were not able to order I have one in my cart booked today as was able to grab 2 mi3 on sale so if you still want it let me know I would forward it to your address and will forward the bill too, once i recieve it in my registered mail id as flipkart will send the bill to my mail and not with the courier attached

Rest is your call

bilalvoh

Mar 4, 2013
well if you were not able to order I have one in my cart booked today as was able to grab 2 mi3 on sale so if you still want it let me know I would forward it to your address and will forward the bill too, once i recieve it in my registered mail id as flipkart will send the bill to my mail and not with the courier attached

Rest is your call

Brother it'll be kind of you if I can get one , I've been desp trying for past 4 weeks but I fail and I really need it . let me know if you can :)

Sent from my MI 3W

shhbz

Jul 19, 2010
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ Searching...
Brother it'll be kind of you if I can get one , I've been desp trying for past 4 weeks but I fail and I really need it . let me know if you can :)

Sent from my MI 3W

well I dont have issues forwarding the phone but incase of any issues you need to deal with flipkart as according to the bill you will receive ,as I am not sure if I change the shipping address to your name so will the generate bill in your name
and you already up with the signature sent from mi3 and if the other guy don't respond by 7 I will forward it to you but atleast he deserve a fair chance as he as busy with exam

Last edited:

bilalvoh

Mar 4, 2013
well I dont have issues forwarding the phone but incase of any issues you need to deal with flipkart as according to the bill you will receive ,as I am not sure if I change the shipping address to your name so will the generate bill in your name
and you already up with the signature sent from mi3 and if the other guy don't respond by 7 I will forward it to you but atleast he deserve a fair chance as he as busy with exam

So you just have it placed in cart and waiting to pay right? I you can do a cod to my address I'll get the phone you'd get bill on your mail which you can forward to me.. That's right I scored one in first sale but I'm giving mine to my cousin who stays in remote area and cant get 1 on his own and hence I tried on ever consecutive sale but didn't get any.
The boy sure deserves a pref . I'll wait till 7 and you can let me know post that :)

Sent from my MI 3W

shhbz

Jul 19, 2010
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ Searching...
@farid0403 @bilalvoh @Qwerty123 \m/

pm me yours address and next time when I log in I would just COD the product to your address to whoever pm me first but make sure you don't add up a negative impact to my account later for whatsoever reason as it had already happened once before with a guy who asked me and later had rejected the product ,and to whoever i cod other don't get offended as I am not trying to make money out of anything its just a favor to a member of xda community in personal
thanks

bilalvoh

Mar 4, 2013
@farid0403 @bilalvoh @Qwerty123 \m/

pm me yours address and next time when I log in I would just COD the product to your address to whoever pm me first but make sure you don't add up a negative impact to my account later for whatsoever reason as it had already happened once before with a guy who asked me and later had rejected the product ,and to whoever i cod other don't get offended as I am not trying to make money out of anything its just a favor to a member of xda community in personal
thanks

Already sent, I have no plans to cancel the order let me know if you are doing it for me or the other guy :)

Sent from my MI 3W

Last edited:

shhbz

Jul 19, 2010
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ Searching...
Already sent, I have no plans to cancel the order let me know if you are doing it for me or the other guy :)

Sent from my MI 3W
send me your full name and contact no via pm, you got it :good:forwarding the deal to you enjoy COD 13999 standard delivery by 23rd august

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

Sent from my MI 3W

chk pm

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

@bilalvoh

order processed send me your mail id so I would forward the invoice and order confirmation once I recieve.
Njoy:highfive:

Last edited:
Reactions: bilalvoh

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    zmh8uv.jpg

"Welcome to the Indian Mi3 Discussion Thread"..Discuss and share your opinion regarding this monster

mi3 has been launched in India & is available all across the country through flipkart

feel free to share your user experience , after sales service and many other thing here :)

rooting the indian mi3 is easy and you dont even need to flash any developer roms that may included bugs

instructions to root your mi3

download all the files attached below

flash CWM recovery 6.0.5.0 (update.zip) by opening Updater app, click menu - select "select update package option". Then select the "update.zip" and update. Now your phone will ask you to reboot. Select reboot now.
    flash the r7 recovery zip in the same way for cwm 6.0.4.8 and true dual boot and many other changes

now download the rootv** india zip file ,

open Updater app, click menu - select "select update package option". Then select the "rootv** india" and update. Now your phone will ask you to reboot. Select reboot now.

4. Reboot your system now. Go to Security app - Permissions - Root permission - Turn on. U have root access now. :D:D

2qa8pjn.gif

going back to stock
    download cwm stock zip , open updater app , select the update, flash ! and baaam all stock and boring it izz again :p

credits - miui.com
    thanks for the response.. :)

But can i install it on my Second system.. without affecting system one ??

As i can see here Data is shared between both sys1 n sys2.. how m i supposed to change that.. ( Recovery with dualboot enabled will do ??)

yes,
    after flashing a TDB (True DualBoot) recovery, and enable TDB, the data will not share between System 1 and 2

I use it for a couple of time,
    System 1 - WIUI
    System 2 - different Roms (always Switch between stable and dev)

no probs so far
    Is there any new ota update for mi3??

Sent from my MI 3W using XDA Free mobile app
    ota updates depend on what rom are you running..
    If you are running the developer miui v6 rom then the latest update is 5.1.9 that was made public on 9th Jan.
    @reshampanth

your item has reached to the hub nearest to you seems you will surely get it today or tommorow as maybe they are delivering to goods quick to avoid holidays in between :good:

Lol thank by hitting the thanks button :)

Sent from my MI 3W