[X51V] ROM WM6.5 Lite Classic (WWE) - optimized for a 64 M device

Search This thread

makuu

May 26, 2006
[X51V] ROM WM6.5 Lite Classic (WWE) - optimized for a 64 M device​

My First thanks to Football. He was there to answer some questions when I was starting learning cooking for the x51v. I also want to thank Dking for providing the new 2700g drivers & the DKLogo slot and DA_G for the WM6.5 builds and of course Shadrac for creating the incredible Extendir concept .

This thread is actually derived from this one, where I have released some WM6.5.x private professional rom for 128 Mo axim. This thread is especially dedicated for 64 Mo devices.

Status of the roms:

Rom (5C0B) 5.2.23563 WM6.5.5 com5 branch : classic lite release
A11: WM6.5.5 Classic lite(23563) WWEhttp://rapidshare.com/files/382653513/DiAd_K_AximX51v_WM65_A11_5C0B_WWE_lite.nb0.zip

makuu_A11litemenu181109.png

makuu_A11liteversion181109.png

This is the A11 final concept with optimized themes for file system performance improvement.

features:
--IE6 Mobile
--Showcase.
--hibernate.
--screen capture.
--dking 2700G driver
--patched Wireless Manager
--TCPMP with finger friendly skin
-- Default theme (stylus UI) for low memory consumption (a lite version of the original Rock and Republick black theme)
--Titanium weather & wireless pluggin (via UC)
--Office 2010 (via UC)
--FingerKB (via UC)
--file system optimized original WM6.5 Finger UI theme: DVF Green, Isaac Mizrahi purple, Rock and Republic black, Vera Wang Red (via UC)
--file system optimized Elcondor WM6.5 Finger UI theme: Condor GT Black Edition (via UC)
--a 450 Ko dking DKLogo slot, that you can use to customize the x51v Boot Logo with dking Dell Logo Utility. The slot is preloaded with default Dell boot screen, you can put a compressed image up to 450 Ko (to compare with the Dell original logo that weight 120 Ko compressed).
To add any other WM6.5 feature (like adobe flash) to the A11 rom try to use A11 5A2D VOIP Professional extended packages (however I haven't check the compatibility).
--This branch has magnifier feature and new contact management.
This rom have a default page pool value of 3.2 Mo and will boot with more than 24 Mo free running with Titanium.

Trick: if you need more memory switch to default theme and inactivate titanium, when memory is not an issue just use a Finger UI theme & titanium.

Some memory tests : free memory is measured after soft reset and hibernate.
Theme___| UC____| titanium____| SD___| CF__| Available Ram
Default___| UC____| no titanium_| SD___| no CF | 28.412
DVF Green | UC____| no titanium_| SD___| no CF | 26.696
Default___| UC____| titanium___| SD___| no CF | 24.876
DVF Green | UC____| titanium___| SD___| no CF | 23.096
Default___| no UC__| no titanium |no SD_| no CF | 30.532

UC: 6.5 themes, Condor GT Black, FingerKB, Office 2010, Titanium Gold 4 axim.
Default: Rock and Republic black "lite" theme
DVF Green: Finger UI theme

Rom (5BFB) 5.2.23547 WM6.5.5 com5 branch ( because it's lite it's no so more "FingerUI"): classic lite release
A11: WM6.5.5 Classic lite(23547) WWEhttp://rapidshare.com/files/372747495/DiAd_K_AximX51v_WM65_A11_5BFB_WWE_lite.zip
features:
--both IE6 Mobile
--Showcase.
--dking 2700G driver
--TCPMP with finger friendly skin
--Titanium weather & wireless pluggin (via UC)
--Office 2010 (via UC)
--a 450 Ko dking DKLogo slot, that you can use to customize the x51v Boot Logo with dking Dell Logo Utility. The slot is preloaded with default Dell boot screen, you can put a compressed image up to 450 Ko (to compare with the Dell original logo that weight 120 Ko compressed).
To add any other WM6.5 feature (like adobe flash) to the A11 rom try to use A11 5A2D VOIP Professional extended packages (however I haven't check the compatibility).
This rom have a default page pool value of 3.2 Mo and will boot with more than 25 Mo free running with Titanium.

Rom (5CFA) 5.2.28002 WM6.5.x WMD branch ( because it's lite it's no more "FingerUI"): classic lite release
A11: WM6.5.x Classic lite(28002) WWEhttp://rapidshare.com/files/311645075/DiAd_K_AximX51v_WM65_A11_5CFA_WWE_lite.nb0.zip (some screenshots).
features:
--both IE6 Mobile and PIE are available.
--Showcase.
--dking 2700G driver
This rom have a default page pool value of 3.2 Mo and will boot with more than 25 Mo free running with Titanium.

Roms (5574) 5.2.21876 WM6.5.x com2 ("Stylus UI"): classic lite & Classic Lite Extendir releases
A11: WM6.5.x Classic lite with Titanium Gold4 axim(21876) WWE
E01: WM6.5.x Classic Lite Extendir (21876) WWE

makuu_E01lite020510.png

features:
--dking 2700G driver
To add any other WM6.5 feature to the A11 rom try to use A11 5A2D VOIP Professional extended packages (however I haven't check the compatibility).

--For the E01 extendir rom all WM6.5 extra can be installed using Shadrac PresetInstaller (so you can actually have a full WM6.5 Lite rom in your axim)
To know more about the incredible Extendir feature read this thread.
At first boot both rom will installed the mandatory package via UC (be patient during this phase), at second boot PresetInstaller will be automatically launched so you can install extra package using preselection or choose by yourself.
It means that if you want to hard reset your device you need to have you SD card to installed the mandatory packages. ( or your system won't be stable).
Extendir roms have been tested with older French builds, those roms perform better but might conflict with other softwares (and then become unstable).

Tip for downloading from rapidshare: use jdownloader.

The roms have a default page pool value of 3.2 Mo. The A11 rom will boot with around 27 Mo free running with Titanium, you'll get more than 29 Mo if you disable Titanium. You can get even more if you tweak the rom. The E01 will use 2 extra Mo from Ram, but will perform much better (check the benchmark below).

If you like my roms I hope you will make a small donation.

Attachments

• ppeditor.zip
    337.2 KB · Views: 1,896
Last edited:

makuu

May 26, 2006
Benchmarks​

Here are some bench results made on a 128 Mo & a 64 Mo ram x51v. The bench are performed after a soft reset using spb benchmark, memory card removed, CPU locked @ 624 Mhz

spb_benchmark_101109.png

coulomberic

Jan 3, 2009
6.5 Lite

Be patient, the Rapidshare FREE link will work eventually, wait some time then come back.
Flased to this new ROM last night. Aside from the honeycomb menu, anyone can post what else is worth upgrading for?

NightLord

Sep 8, 2007
Thx for the ROM makuu nice work! Although after trying out the various 6.5 ROMs that came out so far I concluded that the new OS will never be usable on the 64meg axim, and went back to using the 6.1 (as a matter of fact with your last A09 ROM having the finger-friendly UI feature I was pretty much content with that), this new ROM of yours seems to be able to do the trick for the 64meg axims after all.

Memory usage is indeed only a tad bit higher than with 6.1, seems managable so far, which means we finally have a usable 6.5 ROM, so big kudos for makuu : )

NightLord

Sep 8, 2007
Be patient, the Rapidshare FREE link will work eventually, wait some time then come back.
Flased to this new ROM last night. Aside from the honeycomb menu, anyone can post what else is worth upgrading for?

Yeh tell me about it, I was trying to download from like 9pm yesterday, and only managed to get a free slot around 2am in the morning.

makuu

May 26, 2006
makuutoday231109.png
makuuabaot231109.png

Roms (5CFA) 5.2.28002 WM6.5.x WMD branch ( because it's lite it's no more "FingerUI"): classic lite release
A11: WM6.5.x Classic lite(28002) WWEhttp://rapidshare.com/files/311645075/DiAd_K_AximX51v_WM65_A11_5CFA_WWE_lite.nb0.zip
features:
--Showcase.
--dking 2700G driver

Last edited:

jclampy

Dec 20, 2008
Wow Makuu!!!

I only just completed my benchmarking of E01 lite and see you have just released another new one! :eek:

Ok, while I'm here I might as well share my results briefly;

Comparing 5574 E01 Lite to the older 5574 A11 Pro on my 64MB X51v.
The E01 was slower in everything, only file listing of device memory and SD card was higher performance. CF card actually slowed down. Now that wouldn't be too bad, but my SD Card is a slow standard speed and my CF Card is a 266x beast, but with this ROM when file listing they perform the same. Video playback was down to same performance as other WM6.5 chefs ROMs. This could be because of smaller pagepool, would need someone to test different pagepool sizes to be sure.

I now need to test the 5574 A11 Lite ROM to get the full picture of extendir comparison.

At the moment I don't think I am getting the performance increase or it is too small to notice. Also, the X51v felt sluggish until I disabled Titanium, only had 23.xMB free after boot in the end. Didn't disable honeycomb as it was working quite nice and I find quickmenu not so 'quick' ;) if you know what I mean.

I'll post again after I do some more testing tonight.

Wow, your new Rom (5CFA) 5.2.28002 WM6.5.x WMD branch, sounds interesting. What is 'showcase' though, I remember the name just not what it is?

Last edited:

jclampy

Dec 20, 2008
Hi Makuu,

Will you be adding your new ROM to your benchmarking spreadsheet?

Sorry I have not been testing ROMs sooner. I have been busy rebuilding some trucks and I am still not finished. So I am a little caught up at the moment. Hopefully I can free myself up soon as I don't want to get too far behind.

Cheers,
Dan.

makuu

May 26, 2006
I've removed the download link because there's a bug in the contact application. I need to investigate why this bug appears at the en d of the rom finalization.

jclampy

Dec 20, 2008
I've removed the download link because there's a bug in the contact application. I need to investigate why this bug appears at the en d of the rom finalization.

Shame, looks like I get to test the A11 lite instead tonight then ;). Thanks Makuu, and hopefully you'll get that sorted soon. :)

PS: with the E01 lite, I noticed my .pdf viewing was smoother and alot nicer to use than the older A11 pro, not sure if that is because of the extendir. Will know more soon.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts