FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

**What phone should I buy next?** -- Not sure what device to buy? Ask here!

14,560 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,274

By KidCarter93, Retired Forum Moderator on 22nd August 2012, 12:26 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st October 2019, 06:47 AM |#11801  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
trying to decide between note 9 (128 exynos - 672 euro new in my country) and the oneplus 7t pro (8gb 256gb - 750 euro)

I had a note 9 for a couple of months which i parted with a few weeks ago. I actually found that phone perfect, the only problem being that it was exynos, since i live in Europe-Romania (the battery drain was eh when on standby).

I am looking for a new -complete- flagship. I am considering buying another note 9 (still exynos, unfortunately) or oneplus 7 pro/7t pro

I am looking for:

main issue: headphone jack (i use this to plug to my amp and other stuff; also need good plugged quality for my headphones). this is probably the one thing that really keeps me back from going oneplus. i'd have to carry a dongle 24/7 with me so that i don't wake up the neighborhood screaming when i need to plug something and i don't have that

perfect big clean screen/display (no notch, no teardrop, etc.) with good colors

big ass battery, as big as it can get (nothing under 4k mAh)

fantastic sound

good camera

i didn't use the spen that much, but in the rare occasions that i did, i found it useful. i can live without it

dual sim if possible

micro sd slot compatible would be a nice perk

i don't game on it, but i want it as snappy as possible. mostly browsing/media streaming

water resistance and all that IP stuff

My budget is at MOST 750 euro.

What i don't like about oneplus is the lack of jack, but everything else seems above the note 9 in terms of specs, especially the snapdragon compared to the exynos.

I looked at the huawei lineup as well, but everything is too small for my taste, plus the lack of jack again on p30 pro and the teardrop. also the emui isn't that attractive

asus rog phone 2 had everything except water resistance and good camera (+ the horrible looks), so that's out of the question as well

I keep coming back to the note 9, but that damn exynos...

Which one should i go for?
21st October 2019, 12:17 PM |#11802  

More
Googole Pixel at $100
Worth to buy?
Thinking of using it as a stop-gap phone (in a year i might go for Pixel 4)
Heard the this October will be the last it will receive the security updates.
Is that really that big a deal?
21st October 2019, 11:58 PM |#11803  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by notethrowaway

trying to decide between note 9 (128 exynos - 672 euro new in my country) and the oneplus 7t pro (8gb 256gb - 750 euro)

I had a note 9 for a couple of months which i parted with a few weeks ago. I actually found that phone perfect, the only problem being that it was exynos, since i live in Europe-Romania (the battery drain was eh when on standby).

I am looking for a new -complete- flagship. I am considering buying another note 9 (still exynos, unfortunately) or oneplus 7 pro/7t pro

I am looking for:

main issue: headphone jack (i use this to plug to my amp and other stuff; also need good plugged quality for my headphones). this is probably the one thing that really keeps me back from going oneplus. i'd have to carry a dongle 24/7 with me so that i don't wake up the neighborhood screaming when i need to plug something and i don't have that

perfect big clean screen/display (no notch, no teardrop, etc.) with good colors

big ass battery, as big as it can get (nothing under 4k mAh)

fantastic sound

good camera

i didn't use the spen that much, but in the rare occasions that i did, i found it useful. i can live without it

dual sim if possible

micro sd slot compatible would be a nice perk

i don't game on it, but i want it as snappy as possible. mostly browsing/media streaming

water resistance and all that IP stuff

My budget is at MOST 750 euro.

What i don't like about oneplus is the lack of jack, but everything else seems above the note 9 in terms of specs, especially the snapdragon compared to the exynos.

I looked at the huawei lineup as well, but everything is too small for my taste, plus the lack of jack again on p30 pro and the teardrop. also the emui isn't that attractive

asus rog phone 2 had everything except water resistance and good camera (+ the horrible looks), so that's out of the question as well

I keep coming back to the note 9, but that damn exynos...

Which one should i go for?

i'd recommend a Redmi K20 Pro, mostly because it has...

1. Unlockable Bootloader
2. Headphone Jack(but no SD card sadly)
3. Snapdragon 855
4. Up to 8gb of ram
5. Up to 128gb of storage
6. runs android pie out of the box
7. pop out selfie cam/fullscreen display+super amoled
7.5. dual sim support
8. it also has these epic blue fire and red fire colors
8.5. there is also this really cool white color
9. the device also has a great camera
10. not sure about water resistance tho
11. the screen is like 6.3 inches or something?
12. good speakers

all this only for 344 euros!
22nd October 2019, 03:02 PM |#11804  

More
Poco F1
Is Poco f1 with SD 845 still a good choice?
24th October 2019, 10:34 PM |#11805  
Thanks Meter: 195

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroJoseph

Yep, sdm845 is still pretty high end but you better flash a custom rom because MIUI is full of ads
The Following User Says Thank You to Bogdan010 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Bogdan010 Ad-Free
25th October 2019, 12:02 PM |#11806  
Flag Bar
Thanks Meter: 4

Donate to Me
More
Is there any phone octa core CPU with 2.5 Ghz frequency.
I would like to buy phone with highest possible CPU frequency and number of cores.
And also, 6-8 Gb RAM.
Battery doesnt matter, screen to be 5 - 6 inch (bigger the better).
Best value for money (up to 250 $ , but it's not a problem even if it cost more).
And to be able to easily root it (no need for custom ROM, just root is enought).
Maybe some xiaomi, which is cheap and gives good RAM and CPU.
Because i dont want to use it as a daily driver or anything simar, i need it so i can test apps on it (as android developer), and that means , that phone is gonna burn like a hell for testing purposes, and be filled with various apps, and to be lazy to clean it, because i know it can handle it.
I want to give hell to phone right from unboxing 😈😈.
---------------

And which tablet you would suggest me to buy for personal use.
I like 7 inch because of portability, but nobody puts good hardware in 7 inch tablet anymore.
I think of buying iPad, 7 inch, it have best hardware, and beats up every android in every way, (except for customization), but i want for peraonal use, not to do any testing or hell on it like i want on phone.
25th October 2019, 09:11 PM |#11807  
Flag essex lad
Thanks Meter: 162

More
Tablet with 128gb internal memory? 🤔
Hello am after a tablet with 128gb internal memory, as I am fed up with Google killing off adoptable storage. Any recommendations please?
25th October 2019, 10:20 PM |#11808  
Flag South Alabama
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I am looking for my wife a new tablet to replace her Samsung Tab S2 10" model which she is tired of the weak battery. She has two of these and she has to alternate them being the battery dies so quick. I am hoping I could get some suggestions here. It will need 4gb memory and 64 gb hard drive, wifi only, a big battery, Android Pie, the ability of add Google apps and to be used in the United States. I currently have a Huawei Media Pad M% which is think is great, but I am concerned about getting a Huawei model due to the conflict between the US and Huawei. I would like to stay below $300 if possible.
26th October 2019, 06:00 AM |#11809  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroJoseph

No, rather go for the Mi9t

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk
26th October 2019, 06:57 PM |#11810  
Flag New Hampshire

More
I love this board! So many intelligent developers...

I need a phone that has:

1. Over 6 inch display.
2. Is rootable.
3. A rom with NO google or very little.
4. Under $260
5. Good for writing code and techy experiments.

Thank you!
27th October 2019, 08:24 AM |#11811  
Thanks Meter: 356

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvi0

... I am fed up with Google killing off adoptable storage.

Can you clarify this please?

As far as I was aware, android has supported adoptable storage natively in each version since M. (That was a bit buggy, but pretty much bug free since N).

I am unaware of Google 'killing it off' at all, although some OEMs like Samsung have curiously disabled it in their offerings. Apparently Samsung have enabled it in P. PW.
The Following User Says Thank You to pndwal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pndwal Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
device, new device, new phone, phone, tablet, what to buy, what to choose

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)