FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

**What phone should I buy next?** -- Not sure what device to buy? Ask here!

14,560 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,274

By KidCarter93, Retired Forum Moderator on 22nd August 2012, 12:26 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th December 2013, 04:26 AM |#5011  
Flag Ho Chi Minh City
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by idle0095

Need a device with a BIG screen over 5.5" with a battery life of 26 hours with screen on 75% of the time. Also needs to be able to go swimming with out a case on it. I need a smart watch with it that's 100% waterproof and can take phone calls on the watch. Needs to have a lot of accessories options as well. I need it to be thin and strong. Made out of all Metal. Does this phone exist??? Also need AOSP and made 100% in the USA and cost with out contract for $299 for VZW.

Well I guess an Note 3 or Z ultra with an extending battery may meet your requirement
27th December 2013, 05:00 AM |#5012  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
i wish
Quote:
Originally Posted by failed1234

Yeah that phone doesn't exist. I would think the Note 3 or Xperia phablet to get closest to your wants. Expensive though.

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

You and everyone else here.

---------- Post added at 05:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 AM ----------

oops. clicked the wrong reply button. was meant for the guy wanting the waterproof, 26hour phone
27th December 2013, 09:35 AM |#5013  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Suggestions plz?
i did alot of research online as well as in the local store to see which device can i buy , most of the phones were not available but from the ones available i stopped on 2 devices

Qmobile Noir Quatro Z3 and Samsung Galaxy Core I8260 spec are as follows
1GB Ram : | 1GB Ram
Quad Core 1.5GHz Cortex A7 : | Dual-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A5
Os 4.2 (andriod) | : OS, v4.1.2(andriod)
GPU: PowerVR Series5XT | Adreno 203
Qmobile^ | Galaxy^

camera and network(sim) dosnt matter

screen size and pixel density dosnt matter much i just want something that runs the currently latest games smoothly ,

NOTE: Qmobile is not an orignal brand so its hardware might not perform as the company promised

any other suggestiong would also be good but not all phones are available in my country (PAKISTAN) , and buget is upto 280$ or Rs30000
27th December 2013, 11:33 AM |#5014  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
i had s duos.i want to buy another android phone with following specs :

1.5gb RAM

1.5ghz quad core

2500mah battery

5inches screen

16gb internal sd card

64gb ext sd card support

jellybean(kitkat upgradable)

apps can easily installed onto ext sd card
27th December 2013, 06:04 PM |#5015  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I am looking for a tablet recommendation.

I currently have a 3rd Gen iPad (with Retina), and my wife has an iPad Air. I would like to get an android tablet. I was holding out for the Nexus 10 refresh, however since that doesn't seem to be happening what are my options for a larger 10" tablet?

There is a good deal running right now at Costco on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 for $100 off, bringing it down to $280. The only thing I don't like about the Galaxy Tab 3 is the resolution is a bit low at 1280x800 and the processor is only dual-core.

I am not sure I would be happy with a 7" tablet, but if I were to drop to that size I am inclined to go with the Nexus 7. The specs seem strong and I like that it comes pre-rooted, and will get Android updates.
27th December 2013, 06:48 PM |#5016  
Thanks Meter: 1,537

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmccullough

I am looking for a tablet recommendation.

I currently have a 3rd Gen iPad (with Retina), and my wife has an iPad Air. I would like to get an android tablet. I was holding out for the Nexus 10 refresh, however since that doesn't seem to be happening what are my options for a larger 10" tablet?

There is a good deal running right now at Costco on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 for $100 off, bringing it down to $280. The only thing I don't like about the Galaxy Tab 3 is the resolution is a bit low at 1280x800 and the processor is only dual-core.

I am not sure I would be happy with a 7" tablet, but if I were to drop to that size I am inclined to go with the Nexus 7. The specs seem strong and I like that it comes pre-rooted, and will get Android updates.

Nexus 7 Durant come pre rooted but it's real easy to do it yourself. You should check out the lg gpad. It's 8.3 inches and it's specs are real good. It's a bit expensive compared to the nexus 7 though as it costs I think 370. There's a Google play edition on Google play website that will get in stand updates as well and it'll be stock android. A good 10 inch could be the galaxy note 10.1 2013 edition. It's big and fast but it's also pretty expensive not sure exactly how much

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
27th December 2013, 09:32 PM |#5017  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdel12345

Nexus 7 Durant come pre rooted but it's real easy to do it yourself. You should check out the lg gpad. It's 8.3 inches and it's specs are real good. It's a bit expensive compared to the nexus 7 though as it costs I think 370. There's a Google play edition on Google play website that will get in stand updates as well and it'll be stock android. A good 10 inch could be the galaxy note 10.1 2013 edition. It's big and fast but it's also pretty expensive not sure exactly how much

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

$500 I think.

Sent from my KFHDX using Tapatalk
28th December 2013, 02:14 AM |#5018  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Hi everyone!

I am due to a phone upgrade here in UK, so cost is not the issue, I want to pick the best Android phone out there.

I was looking forward to note 3 however I tend to think that it is a little bit big and then I found out about Knox so not sure again.

I looked into Nexus 5, LG G2, S4, HTC One, Xperia Z1. They all have their pros and cons.

My latest thoughts picked LGG2 for its battery and keys at the back and every owner looks happy with the phone, perhaps the only downside is no external storage.

I am looking for an all rounded performer to use as phone and GPS with decent battery life.

I currently have Galaxy S2 and I love it, it is still a supported device here on xda.

I will probably go with LG or HTC One and root it on the first day.

Is there any things I am missing or perhaps a better phone for me?

Any suggestions welcome

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
28th December 2013, 02:40 PM |#5019  
Thanks Meter: 123

More
^I went thru the same prob, but i went for the g2 cuz 9f the bigger screen, battery and better cam and cpu.

Sent from my LG G2
28th December 2013, 11:24 PM |#5020  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Just found out there is a Korean version of G2 with card slot and removable battery, which is 2600mah and not 3000 like in original.

This is going to be my number 1 now, I hope it will be popular on xda and it means I will need to get it off eBay which is ok.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
29th December 2013, 10:28 AM |#5021  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Thumbs up no need to root
y do u need to root when u already buying an all rounder? one does rooting when he'd enough n wants more..

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

y void ur warranty on the first day
don't go for HTC one .. HTC has many issues with the one series.. lg g2 :thumbup:
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
device, new device, new phone, phone, tablet, what to buy, what to choose

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)