WM6.1 Rom for Treo 700wx - Finally!

Search This thread

NightRaven

Oct 9, 2007
Thanks, Nightraven...I'm trying it right now...

Btw, if there are going to be several of these, is there a way to backup the programs I have installed, update the ROM, and then restore my programs or is it better to install all programs fresh?

There will be more. I know it's a pain. However, I want to get voicecommand, WLM in the rom. I also want AutoUpdate(windows update), and managed programs back in the rom, and working.

I keep hearing about sprite backup. I have never used it.

Last edited:

captblaze

Aug 11, 2007
Microsoft Surface Duo
Please post your expiriences with the ROMs. The more input the better....

Beta Build 20755 first impressions

install - no issues
phone and bluetooth - no issues paired with plantronics discovery 925 and holux 1200 gps
app compatibility - no issues
evdo - no issues
restored backup - everything restored except treo alerts pro v14 and PIN(had to reinstall)
o/s speed - faster compared to build 20273

been testing for about 3 hours will continue and report back

Last edited:

pdawg17

Apr 3, 2008
Beta Build 20755 first impressions

install - no issues
phone and bluetooth - no issues paired with plantronics discovery 925 and holux 1200 gps
evdo - no issues
restored backup - everything restored except treo alerts pro v14 (had to reinstall)

been testing for about 3 hours will continue and report back

Are you using Sprite Backup to restore? Which choices are you selecting to backup (system, pim, etc)?

pdawg17

Apr 3, 2008
My first impressions:

install - no issues
phone and bluetooth - no issues
evdo - no issues
activesync with mobile2web - no issues

So far so good for me as well...

NightRaven

Oct 9, 2007
Windows Live Messenger works when installed from cab. Let's see if it will work embedded. I'm also adding voice command. Also changing the help shortcut. I orginally copied it from the start menu, however that causes an issue with removing it using the menu control panel. To fix this, I am going to move it from the start menu to programs. That way it can still be added to the start menu using the menu control panel if desired. Still looking for a working autoupdate sys and managed programs, for this build...

I am going to publish this ROM has beta 2. This time I'll actually load this rom, before I publish. :)

Last edited:

captblaze

Aug 11, 2007
Microsoft Surface Duo
Windows Live Messenger works when installed from cab. Let's see if it will work embedded. I'm also adding voice command. Also changing to help shortcut. I orginally copied it from the start menu, however that causes an issue with removing it using the menu control panel. To fix this, I am going to move it from the start menu to programs. That way it can still be added to the start menu using the menu control panel.

I am going to publish this ROM has beta 2.

ready when you are... will keep up with the testing as long as you need it

NightRaven

Oct 9, 2007
Last edited:

NightRaven

Oct 9, 2007
Windows Live Messenger still does not work when embedded in the rom. I'm going to remove it and just make people install it manually.

Voice Command seems to work correctly.

I'm going to republish Beta 2 without Windows Live Messenger. I'll post the cab file for it along with the rom.

Beta 2 link is temporarily broken, while I upload to new file.

Last edited:

captblaze

Aug 11, 2007
Microsoft Surface Duo
Windows Live Messenger still does not work when embedded in the rom. I'm going to remove it and just make people install it manually.

Voice Command seems to work correctly.

I'm going to republish Beta 2 without Windows Live Messenger. I'll post the cab file for it along with the rom.

ok... i will stop downloading the first beta 2 and wait for the update... there are syncing issues with that live messenger build, nothing serious though... it does not work if you set the sync frequency to "as items arrive". that is why i posted the link to the latest non messenger version a few days ago

NightRaven

Oct 9, 2007
ok... i will stop downloading the first beta 2 and wait for the update... there are syncing issues with that live messenger build, nothing serious though... it does not work if you set the sync frequency to "as items arrive". that is why i posted the link to the latest non messenger version a few days ago

What I don't understand is why it works outside of the rom. I used the cab file to create the sys package. It should work the same...

NightRaven

Oct 9, 2007
isnt messenger part of the o/s to begin with and wouldnt that be causing a conflict?

did you try the now messenger version from the link i posted? i know the 800w has a non messenger version built into the rom.

It was in 19202, but it didn't work there either. So, I removed it from this build.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WM5 Rom Dump Confirmation

I want to try one of the custom roms but I want to make sure I can return my phone to it's current state. It's very stable and customized with aebutton and other programs to be very useful for me. If the upgrade is not an improvement I'd like to be able to undo it.

So, I've used grab-it to dump the rom and would like to confirm that it's a valid backup without actually trying to restore it to my phone. Is there a way to confirm the dump file? I have tired dumprom.exe but can't seem to get it to work and can't find any clear instructions on how to use it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks