[SM-T520] CyanogenMod 11.0 Official Nightlies for the Tab Pro 10.1 Wifi (picassowifi)

Search This thread

crpalmer

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2011
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4.4 (Kitkat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include 

/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions

First time flashing CyanogenMod 11.0 your device, or coming from another ROM?
Download the zip(s).
Install a compatible Recovery
Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
Flash CyanogenMod.
Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Known Issues

* None

Other Issues?

Before posting on this thread, make sure of a few things:
You've utilized the search function of the forums. Nothing irritates me more than lazy people who do not search for an answer before asking.
If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
Make sure your post is relevant to this thread. "I'm having problems rooting/unlocking" is NOT relevant here.
LOGS LOGS LOGS!!!! Use this: SysLog by Tortel

Experience issues?

* Nightlies: bug reports are not accepted. You are relying on yourself and your peers in this thread for support!
* M-series: file a bug in Jira.

Download Links

CyanogenMod: download.cyanogenmod.org

Google apps addon:
Download: http://goo.im/gapps (use latest kk gapps)
Mirror: http://download.crpalmer.org/downloads/gapps/

Useful Links

Unofficial changelog
Picassowifi wiki

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
CyanogenMod 11.0 for Tab Pro 10.1 PicassoWiFi, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, 10.1, 8.4

Contributors
crpalmer

Version Information

Created 2014-09-26
Last Updated 2014-09-25

Last edited:

arcadia2uk

Jun 19, 2010
Boston, MA
Congratulations on being official

It's with great interest I have followed the development of your T-520 version of the cm11, even though I don't have one myself. Why? Firstly, I'm amazed by the short time frame in which you actually accomplished this, and conquered the Exynos SoC. But, I'm also A proud owner of a T-900, and from what I can tell there is only the screen size that differs the T-520 from the T-900. In my mind, it should be feasible to port, though I might be wrong.... Maybe, you have some ideas of how to correct/evolve Shaheen's port of your ROM. Who knows, maybe at this point you're bored and need a new challenge, as the major obstacle is breached;) and, before the work with Android L begins... Besides, neither Shaheen, nor you own a T-900, why this should be a very simple task:laugh:
The current error report is as follows:
Thanks for reviving this one Shaheer,

After some problems in getting the full ROM onto the drive (all on my side), I finally got it up and working. The ROM is a lot snappier that prior versions, and is stable over all. Below is my summary of working/non-working functions. Additionally, with the all new TWRP 2.8.0.0, see post #55, the format of system and cache are instant, why ROM testing is a breeze.

I have noticed the following issues:
- WiFi connects, but loses password on reboot, same issue as earlier build
- Bluetooth: devices are seen, but do not connect - Error message: Can't connect
- External SD is not detected by device - see post #54, below, for more detailed info
- mtp - device does not mount on PC
- adb - device does not mount on PC
- Camera is broken - Error message
- Torch is broken - Error message
- Lid sensor - No reaction
- Capacitive lights - No reaction
- Sensors - No reaction
- IR blaster - No reaction
- Offmode charging - but it will not work on the picasso-wifi either, at least until tomorrow, 20140926
- Home button doesn't work correctly. It wakes up the device, but does not go to the home-screen
- Battery drain is significant - However, it might be my impression from heavy use of the screen while testing

Only two outstanding items (non-tested) from the list Shaheer posted below. I would appreciate if someone would test them and confirm if they are working, or not:
- Miracast displays - Most likely functional, given that the Chromecast dongle is working | Best Guess: yes
- Google Play Movies: downloading a video and then playing the downloaded copy. Apparently, crpalmer has received a CyanogenMod commit and the issue is fixed as of now, 20140925 | Best Guess: No
Anyhow, we (T-900 owners) would really appreciate your input, and I believe speaking for Shaheer as well, and to tap into your substantial knowledge and experience.
Once again, I'm really impressed by your accomplishments, and I sincerely congratulate you to the well deserved status as an officially recognized cm-developer.
Finally, if a tester is needed, I'll be around.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

ysandhu

Jan 6, 2010
Kanata
I am so thrilled to see official CM support for Galaxy Tab PRO 10.1. Ordered mine couple of days.. and still in transit. They day I ordered.. I am thinking how will i live with touchwhiz..

I guess now i don't have to worry.. will root and flash right away once its here. Looks like everything is working. I don't care about small bugs if battery life is as good as stock

Thanks again

Last edited:

santope

Feb 3, 2009
Good work !

I am on GraveD stock ROM, running very well for a month.
But I plan to try CM11 asap.

Sent from my SM-T520 using XDA Free mobile app

Nutsonfire

Jun 13, 2010
Nyon
If you want to disable the soft buttons and use the on-screen buttons (I use the tablet a lot in portrait mode and the soft buttons get in the way all the time).

1. Enable soft keys : edit the /system/build.prop file to include the following line qemu.hw.mainkeys=0
2. Disable the soft keys : edit the system/usr/keylayout/sec_touchscreen.kl file and add # in front of the two lines
3. Turn buttons light off : go to settings -> buttons and disable backlight
4. Reboot

I don't think it was posted all in one place before.

crpalmer

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2011
@crpalmer,

I followed the instructions "How To Build CyanogenMod Android for Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 Wi-Fi ("picassowifi")" (http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Build_for_picassowifi).

I faced issues with drmserver and gpsd on extract-files.sh : "Permission Denied"

I managed this by copying them to internal memory and them adb pull to their destination locations.

It's compiling now...

Hmmmm. That's a good one. Very few vendor blobs tend to have restricted read permissions but apparently we hit two of them. I assume that it was actually drmserver.samsung though right? That's important if your build is going to have working DRM.

I made myself a note to figure out how to make that work better and/or document it better.

FYI, you can also download an existing build, unzip that file somewhere, and then run

./extract-files.sh /path-that-you-unznipped-to/

and it will pull all the files from that unzipped directory.

cviniciusm

Sep 13, 2010
Brasília - DF
Hmmmm. That's a good one. Very few vendor blobs tend to have restricted read permissions but apparently we hit two of them. I assume that it was actually drmserver.samsung though right? That's important if your build is going to have working DRM.

I made myself a note to figure out how to make that work better and/or document it better.

FYI, you can also download an existing build, unzip that file somewhere, and then run

./extract-files.sh /path-that-you-unznipped-to/

and it will pull all the files from that unzipped directory.
Hello,

Thanks.

Unfortunately, I need more RAM, only 2 GB RAM and 2 GB Swap don't fit the load.

rwa66

Aug 5, 2007
Caketown
Did you get Infra Red ever to work? I use Touchsquid and it always worked with every ROM i tried.
But in CM11 it looks like it is broken. Maybe I am too impatient and i should wait a bit for CM to get IR working and go back to GraveD's ROM for a while.
Thanks for the hard work crpalmer!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4.4 (Kitkat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions

First time flashing CyanogenMod 11.0 your device, or coming from another ROM?
    Download the zip(s).
    Install a compatible Recovery
    Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
    Flash CyanogenMod.
    Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Known Issues

* None

Other Issues?

Before posting on this thread, make sure of a few things:
    You've utilized the search function of the forums. Nothing irritates me more than lazy people who do not search for an answer before asking.
    If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
    Make sure your post is relevant to this thread. "I'm having problems rooting/unlocking" is NOT relevant here.
    LOGS LOGS LOGS!!!! Use this: SysLog by Tortel

Experience issues?

* Nightlies: bug reports are not accepted. You are relying on yourself and your peers in this thread for support!
    * M-series: file a bug in Jira.

Download Links

CyanogenMod: download.cyanogenmod.org

Google apps addon:
    Download: http://goo.im/gapps (use latest kk gapps)
    Mirror: http://download.crpalmer.org/downloads/gapps/

Useful Links

Unofficial changelog
    Picassowifi wiki

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 11.0 for Tab Pro 10.1 PicassoWiFi, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, 10.1, 8.4

Contributors
    crpalmer

Version Information

Created 2014-09-26
    Last Updated 2014-09-25
    A quick update on cm-12.0...

This has been a total ***** to get up and running, but I finally have cm-12 running on our sm-t520. I would be surprised if we make the first round of nightlies as the fix that I had to make to get the display (and touchscreen) working is in one of the most fundamental pieces of code for getting android to run. But, the good news is that it is now booting and we will eventually get getting cm-12 (either official after I figure out how to get my change merged or some other way to work around the problem, or unofficial when that proves to be too hard). I'm not seeing anything broken that is now a show stopper (the display was potentially a show-stopper because without the right vendor blobs, some things are unfixable).
    OK! Where and when will be still being worked CM12 for picassowifi? That is the question!

It took me 2 weeks for figure out why the device didn't boot, another week or so to figure a way to make it boot that wouldn't require a dangerous commit that would never be merged into cyanogenmod.

Sorry, that's not fast enough for you.

You'll get a build when I think it's at a reasonable point.
    The next nightly (today if it gets built) contains a completely redone interactive cpufreq governor.

Ideally, this should fix the device getting hot when playing youtube videos and generally improve battery life when actually using the tablet.

Let me know if you notice anything different/bad/wonky after this change.
    Today's nightly fixes the playback of saved videos in Google Play Movies. That was the only problem that I know about.

It is likely to not get included in the M11 release as the fix may end up breaking another device (which I don't own and therefore it depends on someone else verifying it and/or fixing it on that device).