HTC 10 updates thread

Search This thread

jcrompton

Nov 30, 2004
Hurricane, WV
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 5a
This morning (May 10th in Northern California) my HTC 10 was upgraded to Firmware Version 1.53.617.5. After a very short test, laser focusing seems to be improved but there is still room for more improvement.
This is my current Baseband..... See screenshot

Can you please post yours

My reception is unfortunately worse than my Nexus 6 was and I'm hoping it's a baseband issue
5fd375b615e89529f3ceb0698995f2ff.jpg

Sent from my HTC 10 using XDA-Developers mobile app

hosmsdos

Oct 29, 2008
This update only for USA? I am on 1.30.401.1

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

jollywhitefoot

Jul 21, 2014
Nashville
This is my current Baseband..... See screenshot

Can you please post yours

My reception is unfortunately worse than my Nexus 6 was and I'm hoping it's a baseband issue
5fd375b615e89529f3ceb0698995f2ff.jpg

Sent from my HTC 10 using XDA-Developers mobile app

This update only for USA? I am on 1.30.401.1

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

The update was for the unlocked variant (617). You're both showing that you have the WWE variant (401).

fredderf81

Feb 27, 2010
may 10 update breaks autofocus

just FYI - the May 10th update brings me back to the auto-focus problem. after the update...now every time i open the camera app i get the laser-autofocus error again. it seems that it only pops up once and then goes away but i am back to this issue >-|

EDIT - so i decided to try a few things: settings -> apps -> camera: clear cache / clear data ..... reboot into bootloader, then recovery and format cache.
i received the laser autofocus error once on the first reboot and have not seen it since. Might help others if people are having similar issues. try to wipe cache first before admitting defeat! =)

Last edited:

jollywhitefoot

Jul 21, 2014
Nashville
no problems for me. in fact the update seems to have helped autofocus on my device a bunch. I haven't had the deal where it pulses to get focus either

jaredkzr

Jan 1, 2012
No problems here either. On the contrary, the laser autofocus seems to be much more responsive for me.

jollywhitefoot

Jul 21, 2014
Nashville
No I started out as an unlocked US variant but flashed firmware to be able to flash LeeDroid's ROM

You can run LeeDroid on the 617 firmware without issue. In fact, it might be better depending on the bands that the 401 radio has available.

Edit: and seeing your original post, I wonder if your reception issue is indeed linked to you using the 401 radio. If you want I can get you the latest 617 firmware, or at least the 617 radio that you can flash.

Reactions: jcrompton

jcrompton

Nov 30, 2004
Hurricane, WV
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 5a
You can run LeeDroid on the 617 firmware without issue. In fact, it might be better depending on the bands that the 401 radio has available.

Edit: and seeing your original post, I wonder if your reception issue is indeed linked to you using the 401 radio. If you want I can get you the latest 617 firmware, or at least the 617 radio that you can flash.
You are reading by mind....... Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

orvon.freeman

Mar 30, 2011
Virginia Beach
TBH and I have done this since my Skyrocket days everytime I OTA (bigger than 100mb especially) I always factory reset 3 times. I have never had any issues aside from issues that where present in the update itself. I tried on my note 4 to take an OTA and not factory reset and my fingerprint reader wouldnt work at all. So my advice is to factory reset. This being almost a 400MB update there are chances an app or random code is causing issues.

jollywhitefoot

Jul 21, 2014
Nashville

jcrompton

Nov 30, 2004
Hurricane, WV
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 5a
Here is the firmware zip.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8OH6sFjVE1ld1ptNTFEaEc3Rms

Can you tell me if VoLTE and call forwarding (go to settings>call >call forwarding and see if the Forwarding to numbers show up or if they all just say disabled) work for you on LeeDroid? I'm pretty sure these ATT features do not work on Lee Droid at the moment.
So sorry for the delay

Yes they do not work.... I kinda got the idea of that when I was setting up my Youmail app

Any work around? We should make sure @LeeDroid is aware

BTW. Should I flash this entire zip per can I just flash the radio?

jollywhitefoot

Jul 21, 2014
Nashville
So sorry for the delay

Yes they do not work.... I kinda got the idea of that when I was setting up my Youmail app

Any work around? We should make sure @LeeDroid is aware

BTW. Should I flash this entire zip per can I just flash the radio?
Just flash the whole thing. It won't hurt anything and you'll be more up to date than the European build.

Lee probably isn't too worried about it, US carrier support can be a pain for European devs and he hasn't implemented any carrier support yet, anyway. If I have time, I'll flash his rom again and try a couple of things.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now that I have everyones attention...

This thread has turned into a cesspool of nonsense, I own this device and it's getting old having to sift through 80 pages of BS to find what I'm looking for.

This IS the Update thread.. Please stay on topic only make posts relevant to updates.
    This IS NOT the complaint thread...please take those post elsewhere...maybe someone can open a Complaint thread in the General section.
    This IS NOT a Q&A/Help me thread, there is a whole Q&A section for those posts. Also there is an n00b Friendly Ask any question thread for those posts.
    This IS NOT an Off Topic thread, please take those posts elsewhere.

To be respectful to everyone please stay on topic.

From this post on, anything not update related will be removed.

Another option would be to leave this thread for the nonsense and have a new pristine Update thread opened...if we go this route I would like to ask @Kisakuku to undertake this as he/she is on top of all the update that come out almost immediately.

Thanks for understanding and carry on,
    Sloth
    Don't read it then. It's not bothering anyone is it.

Firstly, you're trolling... so your post does not belong here.
    Never getting a HTC ....

Secondly, unless earbuds have started getting OTA updates...your post does not belong here.

Thirdly, not only am I a Moderator but I am a owner/user of the HTC 10 and I know I can't be the only one that's tired of reading through 80 pages of BS just like the stuff you posted, to find something relevant.

Fourthly if you don't have anything relevant to this thread to contribute please move along.
    HTC US Unlocked Oreo RUU 3.16.617.2_R3

U.S. Unlocked HTC 10 Oreo
    3.16.617.2_R3

This is Full signed/Encrypted RUU Zip for 3.16.617.2 Revision 3

Download:
    2PS6IMG_PERFUME_WL_O80_SENSE90GP_VZW_MR_NA_Gen_Unlock_3.16.617.2_R3_Radio_1.0.C010022@60322_CNV_0.77_002_release_520336_combined_signed_2.zip

ENJOY!
    :good:

Lets not discuss the importance of updates here. People who spend over 500€/500$ should not be worried about getting the most essential support by their manufacturer - security patches. Not receiving any updates for over 6 months is just not understandable, when the US customers are receiving them - period! No problem when HTC communicates such problems with their paying customers. But just leaving them with chat-bot answers is not enough. I paid hundreds of € to be in the circle of top tier customers and not to feel like I bought a phone from a noname manufacturer from China.
    And one more question: those people who updated to official oreo have the same fused and production flags. Anyone knows something about that?

This keeps being asked, so I will go ahead and post here more information then you probably want. :p

Fused is simply the new emulated storage handler, instead of Vold/Vfat/Fat32
    Code:
    adb shell
    Code:
    su
    Code:
    df
    As you'll see, Disk Free reveals this "new" entry: (available space will vary per device obviously)

/dev/fuse 192205824 29026176 163179648 16% /storage/0E14-125B

Google decided to use FUSE as a frontend to actual data stored on the non-volatile memory. (initially introduced in Android 4.4/AOSP)
    This kind of partition was needed because of compatibility reasons.
    The applications can store data no matter if it's internal or external flash.
    In case of storing data on external SD cards, system has to deal usually with FAT32 filesystem. FAT32 is quite different than EXT4 used by Android internally.
    For instance, it's not case sensitive and doesn't handle discretionary access control.
    Because of adding more Android specific permissions, Google decided to use FUSE to emulate FAT32.
    FUSE support is enabled in the kernel. Complementarily, there is a userspace daemon called "sdcard".
    On boot, the sdcard daemon mounts a /dev/fuse device to the emulated directory.
    After that, it polls the FUSE device waiting for messages from the kernel.

There is actually a lot happening with this emulation.
    This is because each file operation will now work in a following way:
    • Userspace application issues a system call that will be handled by the FUSE driver in kernel
    • FUSE driver in the kernel notifies the userspace daemon (sdcard) about the new request
    • Userspace daemon reads /dev/fuse
    • Userspace daemon parses command and recognizes file operation (ex. open)
    • Userspace daemon issues system call to the actual filesystem (EXT4)
    • Kernel handles physical data access and sends data back to the userspace
    • Userspace modifies (or not) data and passes it through /dev/fuse to kernel again
    • Kernel completes original system call and moves data to the actual userspace application

So, now seeing Fused in bootloader is completely normal for Oreo on the HTC 10.
    Hope that helps clear that up some. :good: