Any good Ebay Screen Protectors?

Search This thread

thatg

Mar 18, 2007
Nyc
So ever since i got my one X i've been on a quest for a good screen protector. i started with cheapo ebay ones that were 6 for $2 but the edges lifted because it was a full screen protector and the quality wasnt great(they would scratch easily). I just recently bought the SGP screen protectors thinking because they were cut smaller i wouldnt have the issue of it lifting at the edges, but i still do. The quality of the SGP is good, it is not as fingerprint resistant as i had hoped but i still have the issue of it lifting. My gf has the Zagg HD on her phone which looks pretty good, does still have a bit of orange peel effect to it but otherwise covers a lot of the phone and does not lift at all because it is a wet application screen protector. I may have to buy one if i end up exhausting all other options, but till then i was wondering if anyone has found a screen protector they like on ebay before i pony up $30 for the Zagg HD at best buy

thatg

Mar 18, 2007
Nyc
i wish i had bought a couple of those skinomis when they were .99 . i plan to use a case but from what ive seen the protector could work fine with a case

rohan32

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2011
New Jersey
rmathur.com
i wish i had bought a couple of those skinomis when they were .99 . i plan to use a case but from what ive seen the protector could work fine with a case

Those were apparently a bad batch and they wouldn't fully dry or something.
I just got an AT&T branded one from the AT&T store (I got 3 of them for $12) and they applied it for me.

I must say it is very nice. It doesnt have the lifting at the edges because it doesn't go all the way to the edge, it just goes to the extent of the flat part of the screen.

Its clarity is nice and it has a good matte finish.

droidiac13

Jul 19, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
I picked up the full front and back Zagg yesterday had AT&T throw it on mine yesterday. They put it on for free and I'm liking it.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

thatg

Mar 18, 2007
Nyc
the original or the HD? the original zagg is pretty awful in terms of orange peel and how your finger sticks to it. rohan when you say matte do you mean the antiglare? how does the screen protector do with scratches, some scratch more easily than others and become pointless because youre looking at a screen covered in scratches

rohan32

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2011
New Jersey
rmathur.com
the original or the HD? the original zagg is pretty awful in terms of orange peel and how your finger sticks to it. rohan when you say matte do you mean the antiglare? how does the screen protector do with scratches, some scratch more easily than others and become pointless because youre looking at a screen covered in scratches

I've only had it on for a day so I can't really tell you much about its durability, sorry.
And yeah I mean antiglare.

t3chn0s1s

I said this in another thread about the Zagg HD.... The HD is FAR better than the regular Zagg in that there is ZERO orange-peel effect and it doesn't go all the way to the edge of the display so a case of any type won't pull up the edges at all. I've always used Zagg shields and because I used to work for Best Buy mobile I have become rather adept at installing them. The Zagg HD also gives you that 'glass' feel as well. It's almost like having nothing on your display at all.

Sent from my HTC One X

thatg

Mar 18, 2007
Nyc
it does have some orange peel effect, nowhere near as much as the original but lets be real, its a sham. there should be no zagg hd, this is just an improved product over their original, unfortunately this is how businesses propose they make money. Make a better product and charge a premium for it. if it weren't $30 I would have had one the day it came out. i'd pay the original $15 zagg price but double that is just ludicrous LUDA!!!

t3chn0s1s

it does have some orange peel effect, nowhere near as much as the original but lets be real, its a sham. there should be no zagg hd, this is just an improved product over their original, unfortunately this is how businesses propose they make money. Make a better product and charge a premium for it. if it weren't $30 I would have had one the day it came out. i'd pay the original $15 zagg price but double that is just ludicrous LUDA!!!

To each his own.

Sent from my HTC One X

stormz

May 16, 2012
I always buy the cheaper ones from eBay that don't have the 'water' application method. Tried that once, never again. Bad results.

I go for the Hong Kong ones, or USA resellers of them since they are cheap and work great for a couple years or more. I use disposable gloves in a humid bathroom to apply so as not to get much fingerprints/dust. Works great most of the time.

I also get the soft silicon cases from ebay which usually wrap around the front enough to cover the edges of the protector so I haven't noticed any edge peeling so far on the screen protector.

Top Liked Posts