[Q] LG Optimus L9 Won't Allow Access to Internal Memory Using File Manager

Search This thread

pennyboard420

Feb 18, 2014
My carrier is MetroPCS. Since this phone only has 1.8GB of internal memory, I have a 16GB microSDHC card for external storage, but I can't move anything from sdcard0 to my external sd card in File Manager because nothing shows up on sdcard0. I want to move my pictures from sdcard0 to my external sd card, but nothing shows up under the "pictures" folder in sdcard0. I can't just make my storage option the SD card because when I do that, it's still saving on the internal memory, because apparently the phone thinks that sdcard0 is the SD card. So I need a way to change the storage option to my external card or a way to uncover these files that are hidden somehow.

I'm operating on Jellybean 4.1.2 and 3.0.31 kernel.

@pennyboard420 Welcome to XDA forums.
Your camera pictures are actually saved in the "DCIM/thumbnails" folder and not the "Pictures" (only my screen-shots are saved in the "Pictures" folder) folder and no this folder won't open with File Manager. You need a different file browser, like Root Browser that lets you see hidden files/folders. On some of them you will need root access to modify or change these files and folders.
You can't set and change your default storage location from sdcard0 to the external sdcard natively.
You would need to install an app like Link2sd or a swap script, again the device needs to be rooted.

Reactions: pennyboard420

pennyboard420

Feb 18, 2014
Another Solution

Your camera pictures are actually saved in the "DCIM/thumbnails" folder and not the "Pictures" (only my screen-shots are saved in the "Pictures" folder) folder and no this folder won't open with File Manager. You need a different file browser, like Root Browser that lets you see hidden files/folders. On some of them you will need root access to modify or change these files and folders.
You can't set and change your default storage location from sdcard0 to the external sdcard natively.
You would need to install an app like Link2sd or a swap script, again the device needs to be rooted.

I've tried your solution but wasn't able to get it rooted because some drivers that I needed couldn't be run on the Surface RT tablet that I have due to the tablet only allowing Microsoft developed software to run. However, I have found an alternate solution: Instead I connected my LG L9 to the tablet, opened up the DCIM/Thumbnails folder and manually copied all my pictures into the DCIM/100LGDSC folder of my external SD card.

Chances are you probably already know about this, but just putting it out there.

Thanks again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.