FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How to lock screen when running

20 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By tscargo, Junior Member on 22nd December 2003, 12:31 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Ofcourse I can lock the screen by pressing the power button (and having de XDA go standby), but I wish to lock the screen while listening to mp3's.... How can I lock the screen ? If I need a separate application, please let me know your suggestions ....

22nd December 2003, 01:28 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Re: How to lock screen when running
Quote:
Originally Posted by tscargo

Ofcourse I can lock the screen by pressing the power button (and having de XDA go standby), but I wish to lock the screen while listening to mp3's.... How can I lock the screen ? If I need a separate application, please let me know your suggestions ....

If you meant that you wanted to switch off the screen without putting the XDA on standby, here's how. Just assign one of the buttons to "Screen Toggle" when Windows Media Player is running. On the Windows Media Player menu, select Tools->Settings->Buttons. Then map one of the buttons, such as Button 2 (Contacts), to "Screen Toggle". After that, pressing the mapped button will switch the screen on and off.
8th January 2004, 10:55 PM |#3  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jargon

On the Windows Media Player menu, select Tools->Settings->Buttons. Then map one of the buttons, such as Button 2 (Contacts), to "Screen Toggle". After that, pressing the mapped button will switch the screen on and off.

I tried this 3 times and each time when I press the button (I assigned button 3- the camera button) I got a strange black and white flashing strobe on the screen which I couldnt get out of without a soft reset. Anyone else had this or knows how to deal with it?
9th January 2004, 01:56 AM |#4  
Flag Singapore

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UK badboy

I tried this 3 times and each time when I press the button (I assigned button 3- the camera button) I got a strange black and white flashing strobe on the screen which I couldnt get out of without a soft reset. Anyone else had this or knows how to deal with it?

Dunno how to deal with it but I can confirm that I have exactly the same issue. Screen Toggling does not work and ends up in a flash show that doesn't look very healthy for the display.
9th January 2004, 04:22 AM |#5  
Flag Leicester
Thanks Meter: 13

More
works fine on xda 1 running ppc2003 :\ any programs to make the screen do this automatically? say if i was to run tomtom gps?
9th January 2004, 11:10 AM |#6  
Starnberg

More
Quote:

UK badboy wrote:

Dunno how to deal with it but I can confirm that I have exactly the same issue. Screen Toggling does not work and ends up in a flash show that doesn't look very healthy for the display.

Work's fine with my XDA2, no problems at all, I assigned button 2 to the screen.
9th January 2004, 11:44 AM |#7  
Retired Moderator
Flag DK
Thanks Meter: 50

More
no problem doing it for me with xda with 2002 rom 3.1804
9th January 2004, 04:23 PM |#8  

More
Also works fine on my XDA II. have you tried using the Calenda/Contacts buttons to toggle the screen instead of the camera button? Just a thought.
9th January 2004, 04:43 PM |#9  
Flag Leicester

More
try this nifty lil program i found on emule :P works great on pc2002/2003 i have jog button installed to my calendar button just press the button and the screens off press power button to turn back on very simple or hold my calendar button down and the calendar coems up

just transfer to your xda/pda and click it to turn screen off or toggle it to one of your buttons

gaz
Attached Files
File Type: exe screenoff.exe - [Click for QR Code] (6.5 KB, 114 views)
9th January 2004, 07:51 PM |#10  
Antwerp

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzaman2k

i have jog button installed to my calendar button just press the button and the screens off press power button to turn back on very simple or hold my calendar button down and the calendar coems up

Screenoff works perfect, but how do you manage to let the calendar button have a double function?
Found a prog cald jogbutton here http://www.yorch.net/downloads/JogButtonSetup.zip, but this doesn't seem to work on Pocket PC PE 2003.
9th January 2004, 09:38 PM |#11  
Flag Leicester

More
job button works fine on ppc2003 i have it on my xda :\ just assign calendar or contacts to job button then load up jog button click on setup then apply it to the progs you want it to open.

prob i found with pc2002 with screen off is it doesnt come back on with the power button lol so here is screen on for peeps with pc2003 no need to install this if on pc2003 as it works fine on it

use button plus v2.0 from yorches site i find it better then jog button as it allows double tap buttons and doesnt go crazy when turniong screen off on tomtom 2 lol
Attached Files
File Type: exe screenon.exe - [Click for QR Code] (7.0 KB, 58 views)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)