[Q] Disabled *checkin, *gtalk previously, re-enabled *checkin services, no syncing?

Search This thread

bo8

Jul 19, 2013
Toronto
I disabled them as an effort to minimize wakelocks (similar to what is listed in this post)

It's definitely helped with getting better battery life but I prefer to have my email sync and LinkedIn sync back. They're all enabled but just don't sync unless I manually do it.

Can anyone advise? Screen caps of current enabled/disabled Google Services Framework attached

Edit: I've tried turning Sync off and turning back on, logging out and logging back in to the account, turning sync off and back on via the menu in Data Usage screen

Last edited:

bo8

Jul 19, 2013
Toronto
I disabled them as an effort to minimize wakelocks (similar to what is listed in this post)

It's definitely helped with getting better battery life but I prefer to have my email sync and LinkedIn sync back. They're all enabled but just don't sync unless I manually do it.

Can anyone advise? Screen caps of current enabled/disabled Google Services Framework attached

Edit: I've tried turning Sync off and turning back on, logging out and logging back in to the account, turning sync off and back on via the menu in Data Usage screen

Sorry, those screenshots are slightly incorrect. I did in fact re-enable the *checkin receivers and have rebooted the phone but still no "real time" syncing happening with my Gmail app.

bo8

Jul 19, 2013
Toronto
Finally revisited this as my phone is still unable to sync notifications in "real time" at all.

I'm finding that checking all the "checkin" services/receivers under Google Services Framework via ROM Toolbox does not actually keep them checked (confirmed via refresh).

Any idea what is going on and how I can fix it?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using XDA Free mobile app