[HOW TO]Unlocked from Nodo to Mango

Search This thread

reeg420

Nov 28, 2007
Newport,RI
UPDATE:

I figured I would clear up somethings from my post last night. Originally I had rolled all the way back to pre-nodo to unlock and was really over doing everything.

After unlocking mango on my phone that way I decided to try my girls hd7 by just adding custclear.provxml to the windows directory on nodo while unlocked.

So here the updated step by step. So far its only working on HTC devices.

1. Make sure that you have nodo unlocked and download the latest HTC Connection setup from the MARKETPLACE.

2. Place the CustClear.provxml from this post in the windows directory on the phone. There is a number of ways to do this. I used Windows Phone Device Manager but you could also use the Chevron Ringtone App to get it to the phone and TouchXplorer to move to the windows directory. Or Remote Suite, etc. Included in the provxml is developer unlock, max apps, and prevent relock.

3. Update to mango.

4. As soon as mango starts run HTC Connection setup. And your unlocked.:)

Ive had mine unlocked since last night and hasnt relocked itself. Ive synced with zune several times, Sideloaded over 10 xaps and everything is going great.

So thats the short version of it. Had a good feeling it would work without going all the way back to pre-nodo. So if youve already upgraded to mango you can just restore your unlocked nodo and restart.

Im glad I got to help out the community. Im in no way a genius when it comes to this stuff though I wouldnt say Im in the dark. Just put the old regedit trick to work.

If I helped you please hit the Thanks button.

Attachments

• CustClear.rar
    365 bytes · Views: 3,188
Last edited:

reeg420

Nov 28, 2007
Newport,RI
How about the sideload apps and xbox games(illegal)? do they work?

Currently sideloading them right now. All work so far except advanced config. But that has to do with mango itself.

Ive connected to zune multiple times to sync music...Only thing Im doing a little different is instead of zune I use wpconnect to sideload app.. its just quicker.

Still unlocked... Im over 10 xaps already so Im pretty sure the limit also stuck.

Other than known problems with any app that accesses parts of the file system on mango...I dont remember the specifics but touchxplorer probably wont work either though I havent sideloaded that one yet to confirm.

So far its holding.

EDIT: TouchXplorer does work. But TouchXperience does not. So no WPDM.

Last edited:

reeg420

Nov 28, 2007
Newport,RI
Have u also uninstalled the prevent relock xap?
:)

Actually yah. Didnt even think about that since I always just uninstall that after I use it. Uninstalled it on pre-nodo if it matters.

Only thing I had on the phone when I upgraded to mango was all the basic stuff that comes with the phone originally and HTC connection setup downloaded from the market while on nodo..thats it.

Last edited:

reeg420

Nov 28, 2007
Newport,RI
Alright, im gonna give it a try and see if works :cool:

Now i gotta wait 2 hours again for the update :rolleyes:

I did it a total of 3 times. Second time like an idiot I forgot to apply the prevent relock after I installed it.

Probably dont have to go all the way back to pre-nodo if you havent installed mango yet and have it unlocked already or if you wanna just do a restore through zune. Pretty sure youd just have to make sure the the custclear.provxml is in the windows folder before you update to mango. Im gonna give this a shot with my girls phone when I get some more time..

So far no problems at all. Only app I installed that didnt work was advanced config and TouchXperience.

reeg420

Nov 28, 2007
Newport,RI
Thanks I Unlocked my HD7

Awesome was waiting for a confirmation. Did you have to go all the way back to pre-nodo or did you try with nodo unlocked?

Most of what I did probably was unnecessary but I wanted to be thorough so I didnt have to do it again. Most likely can have sideloaded apps on the phone when updated to mango just wont run until you run HTC connection setup with that custclear.provxml

Last edited:

talentleo

Jul 2, 2011
Yangzhou
I just tested this on my hd7 and worked flawlessly.

I did the normal pre-nodo chevron unlock.

Install the prevent relock xap. After running uninstall it.

Updated to nodo via zune.

Then I installed HTC Connection Setup from the marketplace..(dont sideload it).

Ran it once.

Then I made a custclear.provxml with developer unlock, max unsigned app, and prevent relock. I set the attributes to read only on my PC. Then copied that to the windows folder via Windows Phone Device Manager.

Then I uninstalled TouchExplorer from the phone. Just to make sure there wasnt any sideloaded apps on there before I updated to mango.

Updated to mango by the bat files from windowsphonehacker blog.

Then I ran connection setup and voila unlocked.

I attached the file I made to help people out.

Im gonna redo this post just wanted to get it out there.

Im glad there are another two Chinese friends have unlocked their HTC phone successfully.
I was wondering is there any similarities between HTC connection and Samsung tools we can make full use of to unlock my Omnia 7.
patpat for you

thekiller99

Feb 9, 2009
Currently sideloading them right now. All work so far except advanced config. But that has to do with mango itself.

Ive connected to zune multiple times to sync music...Only thing Im doing a little different is instead of zune I use wpconnect to sideload app.. its just quicker.

Still unlocked... Im over 10 xaps already so Im pretty sure the limit also stuck.

Other than known problems with any app that accesses parts of the file system on mango...I dont remember the specifics but touchxplorer probably wont work either though I havent sideloaded that one yet to confirm.

So far its holding.

EDIT: TouchXplorer does work. But TouchXperience does not. So no WPDM.

What about blackmarket xbox games? can you sideload and play them?

sunsht

Feb 5, 2010
gy
I am from 7661 back to nodo, then according to your method is successful, when Nodo has escaped from prison

(My English is not good, hope you can understand what I mean)

Last edited:

reeg420

Nov 28, 2007
Newport,RI
I am from 7661 back to nodo, then according to your method is successful, when Nodo has escaped from prison

Yup im assuming as long as the custclear.provxml file is in the windows directory while on nodo.. And HTC connection setup has been downloaded from the market also on nodo then after you upgrade to mango that file will be right where HTC connection setup will read it.

Im testing this way right now on my girls hd7. I'll report back.

Sent from my HD7 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

Reactions: iky10

startewho

Jul 2, 2011
I use the backup to back my locked Mango to NoDo.and then,acrroding your method ,i have also unlocked my Htc Mozart from NoDo to Mango.
Thanks.

reeg420

Nov 28, 2007
Newport,RI
Can confirm that you can just put the provxml file in the windows folder on an unlocked nodo with sideloaded apps etc... Make sure connection setup is downloaded from the market and upgrade to mango. Then run connection setup first. Then all the sideloaded apps work fine. Didnt uninstall anything.

Reactions: barrychon

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE:

I figured I would clear up somethings from my post last night. Originally I had rolled all the way back to pre-nodo to unlock and was really over doing everything.

After unlocking mango on my phone that way I decided to try my girls hd7 by just adding custclear.provxml to the windows directory on nodo while unlocked.

So here the updated step by step. So far its only working on HTC devices.

1. Make sure that you have nodo unlocked and download the latest HTC Connection setup from the MARKETPLACE.

2. Place the CustClear.provxml from this post in the windows directory on the phone. There is a number of ways to do this. I used Windows Phone Device Manager but you could also use the Chevron Ringtone App to get it to the phone and TouchXplorer to move to the windows directory. Or Remote Suite, etc. Included in the provxml is developer unlock, max apps, and prevent relock.

3. Update to mango.

4. As soon as mango starts run HTC Connection setup. And your unlocked.:)

Ive had mine unlocked since last night and hasnt relocked itself. Ive synced with zune several times, Sideloaded over 10 xaps and everything is going great.

So thats the short version of it. Had a good feeling it would work without going all the way back to pre-nodo. So if youve already upgraded to mango you can just restore your unlocked nodo and restart.

Im glad I got to help out the community. Im in no way a genius when it comes to this stuff though I wouldnt say Im in the dark. Just put the old regedit trick to work.

If I helped you please hit the Thanks button.

Yup im assuming as long as the custclear.provxml file is in the windows directory while on nodo.. And HTC connection setup has been downloaded from the market also on nodo then after you upgrade to mango that file will be right where HTC connection setup will read it.

Im testing this way right now on my girls hd7. I'll report back.

Sent from my HD7 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
    Can confirm that you can just put the provxml file in the windows folder on an unlocked nodo with sideloaded apps etc... Make sure connection setup is downloaded from the market and upgrade to mango. Then run connection setup first. Then all the sideloaded apps work fine. Didnt uninstall anything.
    you report you were able to sideload lots of apps without a problem and the only one not working is adv config. I've tried a few that didn't work either, e.g. AccentChanger and BatteryMeter. Did you get these to work?
    I would think they don't work because they are accessing mango file system and just throw errors
    thanks

Exactly has nothing to do with the xaps or the unlock but how mango handles apps accessing the file system.

Yup tried Accent Changer that one didnt work. Didnt try battery meter but apparently it wont work.
    Anybody tried to keep the unlocked state with network profile and a Samsung phone?

Was looking into that..Dont own an samsung nor do I have access to try it.
    But this might start you off.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=10676706&postcount=4

It doesnt really keep the unlocked state... When mango is first started it is locked but the provxml is still in the windows directory and when HTC Connection setup is run is unlocks the phone itself. Obviously the provxml file name will be different but same idea.. Set the file to read-only as a safe guard that the mango update wont move/change/delete it during update. Might not have to set to read-only but its worth the extra 2 seconds to make sure.