[ROM][A500][Jellybean 4.2.2 | CM10.1][2013/09/26]

Search This thread

KaijiKun

Aug 10, 2013
Hi Guys :) Here is my first ROM I compiled it on Linux Mint Mate AMD64 and I currently have it running on my tablet, So far all is good. If any one els would like to help me test it that would be great! I would love any feedback as to if anything is not working right, I have only been running it for part of the day today and as I said so far all is goo!! I am running the cpu's overclocked @ 1.5.

Here are a few screenshots:

2013_10_27_14_48_55.png

2013_09_27_12_56_08.png

Just do a full wipe and flash the rom then flash gapps :)

This is my first build, and I worked very hard on it, so I look forward to your input, thanks.

I am also working on building a CM 10.2 Android 4.3 a500 rom to and will upload that once it is tested.

Here are the links to download:

cm-10.1-20130926-UNOFFICIAL-a500.zip
: First Build

cm-10.1-20131025-UNOFFICIAL-a500.zip
: Second Build

gapps-jb-20130812

Source Code

PS - see the attachment for a script to help you with wipes between falshing roms :)

Thanks - Kaiji

Attachments

• SuperWipe.zip
    208.7 KB · Views: 1,753
Last edited:

KaijiKun

Aug 10, 2013
Well, I tried to flash your ROM buy it said zip was invalid. After that I tried to restore my backup and reflash the tablet, but I'm still stuck at Booting Primary Kernel :/

hmm, thats strange, I flashed the same file and am still running it with no problems, did you do a full wipe first? I will double check the uploaded file against the md5sum file and test it again, keep me updated.

KaijiKun

Aug 10, 2013
hmm, thats strange, I flashed the same file and am still running it with no problems, did you do a full wipe first? I will double check the uploaded file against the md5sum file and test it again, keep me updated.

I double checked the file I uploaded to 4Shared and it checked out, I dont know what could have gone wrong for you, maybe the file was not completely dowloaded, or somehow it got changed after you downloaded it, or while transfering it to your sdcard.. which recovery are you using? I am using Thors CWM touch 1.7.3 and Skrilax_CZ v9 bootloader. if you are still having trouble, PM me and I will give you my phone # I know that I can help you get any rom you want flashed, or if you have a backup you can use that :)

here is the terminal output from the files md5sum check:

commander@DC521 ~/Downloads $ md5sum cm-10.1-20130926-UNOFFICIAL-a500.zip
920136e012b2483c1cd3e2691ebe603f cm-10.1-20130926-UNOFFICIAL-a500.zip

it perfectly matches the file I created and flashed to my tablet.

920136e012b2483c1cd3e2691ebe603f /root/Source/out/target/product/a500/cm-10.1-20130926-UNOFFICIAL-a500.zip

Good luck, and let me know how it goes :)

Thanks - Kaiji

DLSlith

Dec 27, 2010
Mexico City
Yeah, I know, it's not your fault. I just got the tablet going again and I'm about to download everything once more.

Sent from my A500 using xda app-developers app

DLSlith

Dec 27, 2010
Mexico City
You sir, is my hero :D

Flashed your ROM again, it's the first JB ROM my tab succesfully loads and so far everything is working as expected. Count me in for testing your next ROM, I'll be testing this one for now :)

DLSlith

Dec 27, 2010
Mexico City
Working stuff so far:
- WiFi
- Bluetooth
- Both Cameras
- Photo and Video Recording
- USB Port
- G-Apps

Not Working:
- Mic
- YouTube app

HarshReality

Apr 1, 2010
Kokomo
First.. Id like to commend your efforts. You didnt over-bloat or inflate the ROM beyond what is typically in AOSP (which is rare).
Second.. Went off without a hitch as far as I am aware its fully functional (I just banged around on it to get it setup for my wife (Im retiring my use of it).

I did notice a 'video shift' using Skrilax bootloader.. for a few seconds after I get the 'booting primary kernel' message the video goes a bit nuts but then returns to normal.

Should you ever feel cocky and choose to do a build using AOKP I would be MOST interested in the outcome... Ive been beging and pleading with them for MONTHS with no luck but it too is based from CM source code with even more tweaks and such.

Side note.. Im actually a bit saddened to see the ROMs leaning more towards a 'phone' look rather than the 'tablet' look the iconia originally had.. I got used to it and now its about useless to me. **This is no reflection on the ROM baker but rather a personal observation.

KaijiKun

Aug 10, 2013
Working stuff so far:
- WiFi
- Bluetooth
- Both Cameras
- Photo and Video Recording
- USB Port
- G-Apps

Not Working:
- Mic
- YouTube app

I think I have the mic figured out, but it is going to be another day before I can compile the rom again, so hopefully I can get youtube working to by then, I will post it after I recompile, so look for a post Sunday night or so.. :) and thanks guys for the input, I really appreciate it. As for an AOKP, I will try putting one together after I get this one totally right....

Thanks - Kaiji

Reactions: mixednuts

DLSlith

Dec 27, 2010
Mexico City
I think I have the mic figured out, but it is going to be another day before I can compile the rom again, so hopefully I can get youtube working to by then, I will post it after I recompile, so look for a post Sunday night or so.. :) and thanks guys for the input, I really appreciate it. As for an AOKP, I will try putting one together after I get this one totally right....

Thanks - Kaiji

Nice, as soon as we get a working Mic I'll flash this on my tab again for testing. And I would really appreciate it if you can also check on YouTube app since I get to use YT several times a day, but browser access for YT is good enough for now.

droidroidz

Dec 16, 2010
which recovery is reccomended? im currently still on ezterrys

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

KaijiKun

Aug 10, 2013
Nice, as soon as we get a working Mic I'll flash this on my tab again for testing. And I would really appreciate it if you can also check on YouTube app since I get to use YT several times a day, but browser access for YT is good enough for now.

I recompiled and still no working mic, I have a few more ideas, but I am going away for 2 weeks and I wont be able to work on this until I return...

I have about 24 hour until I depart, and the compiling process will take about 18 hours on my setup, so if this try works I will have something for ya, but more likely I wont have this worked out until I return....

But I am going to keep on trying to get this right, and soon enough it should be all worked out :)

KaijiKun

Aug 10, 2013
I added another build to this post. The new build is a lot stronger, and although the mic is still not working, everything else is working better and faster in this build. I know everyone else has moved on to CM 10.2 now, and I am still screwing around with this one, hehehe :) I just like the 10.1 build, and I am working diligently on getting an updated android kernel to run on the A500 v3.x I have made some progress in that I have had one succesful build of kernel v3.1.10 that was able to boot :) yay!! I managed to get the acer t20 platform drivers from the old kernel into the kernel source from the A700s t30 source.... wow that was a lot of mess too. but the kernel was really buggy and the device would not stay running, and then shut down out of the blue shortly after booting up.... I will keep on working on it, I am actually pretty new to this stuff, and just started poking around, then started to head off in my own direction, lol. But I am coming to the conclusion that I may need some help here, lol. we will see.. I hope to soon have a build to post with the newer kernel, but right now things are such a mess, it may bee a while.

But any way you will find that the second build, posted for download at the start of this thread, is a much stronger, and better build of this software. enjoy :)

- Kaiji

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Guys :) Here is my first ROM I compiled it on Linux Mint Mate AMD64 and I currently have it running on my tablet, So far all is good. If any one els would like to help me test it that would be great! I would love any feedback as to if anything is not working right, I have only been running it for part of the day today and as I said so far all is goo!! I am running the cpu's overclocked @ 1.5.

Here are a few screenshots:

2013_10_27_14_48_55.png

2013_09_27_12_56_08.png

Just do a full wipe and flash the rom then flash gapps :)

This is my first build, and I worked very hard on it, so I look forward to your input, thanks.

I am also working on building a CM 10.2 Android 4.3 a500 rom to and will upload that once it is tested.

Here are the links to download:

cm-10.1-20130926-UNOFFICIAL-a500.zip
    : First Build

cm-10.1-20131025-UNOFFICIAL-a500.zip
    : Second Build

gapps-jb-20130812

Source Code

PS - see the attachment for a script to help you with wipes between falshing roms :)

Thanks - Kaiji
    I´ve been using this rom for about a month, and I´m very happy with it, it´s stable and fast.
    I only have two problems:
    1. for some reason when its on deep sleep and I wake it sometimes it reboots
    2. there are some apps that close when I open them. Eg. I play the simpsons tapped out, so I open the app, it loads but as soon as it finishes it automatically closes. does anyone knos why?

Thanks for the input :)

Yeah, I have had the same things going on on my tablet too, but for the past few weeks I have been focusing on trying to get KitKat to run on my tablet...
    I see that randomblame has got his to work tonite YAY!!! But I was focused on trying to get the MIC to work to no avail, and then a few weeks ago I decided to put all of my attention on getting a port of CM 11.0 to run on my A500, and so far I have not been able to get it running yet.

What I have so far is all here :

Acer A500 Port for CM-11.0

If anyone is interested, check it out

And Thank You to CyanogenMod & and all the devs & mods who have worked on this project and made this project possible.

I recompiled and still no working mic, I have a few more ideas, but I am going away for 2 weeks and I wont be able to work on this until I return...

I have about 24 hour until I depart, and the compiling process will take about 18 hours on my setup, so if this try works I will have something for ya, but more likely I wont have this worked out until I return....

But I am going to keep on trying to get this right, and soon enough it should be all worked out :)
    I added another build to this post. The new build is a lot stronger, and although the mic is still not working, everything else is working better and faster in this build. I know everyone else has moved on to CM 10.2 now, and I am still screwing around with this one, hehehe :) I just like the 10.1 build, and I am working diligently on getting an updated android kernel to run on the A500 v3.x I have made some progress in that I have had one succesful build of kernel v3.1.10 that was able to boot :) yay!! I managed to get the acer t20 platform drivers from the old kernel into the kernel source from the A700s t30 source.... wow that was a lot of mess too. but the kernel was really buggy and the device would not stay running, and then shut down out of the blue shortly after booting up.... I will keep on working on it, I am actually pretty new to this stuff, and just started poking around, then started to head off in my own direction, lol. But I am coming to the conclusion that I may need some help here, lol. we will see.. I hope to soon have a build to post with the newer kernel, but right now things are such a mess, it may bee a while.

But any way you will find that the second build, posted for download at the start of this thread, is a much stronger, and better build of this software. enjoy :)

- Kaiji
    Oh yeah I forgot to add the links for the source I used, here they are, thanks to CyanogenMod & and all the devs & mods who have worked on this project.

https://github.com/CyanogenMod
    https://github.com/KaijiHakaroku/device_acer_a500
    https://github.com/WizBang/kernel_acer_a500
    https://github.com/KaijiHakaroku/vendor_acer_a500