Problem with DoomKernel?

Search This thread

Xperia Player

Aug 1, 2012
I thought I was out of the noob phase but apparently not, just some basic info before I state my problem, Xperia play R800x, unlocked bootloader, running CM9, rooted. Ok so... I'm trying to flash the Doomkernel boot.img here's what I get.

C:\Android>fastboot -i 0x0fce flash boot boot.img
error: cannot load 'boot.img'

error: cannot load 'boot.img'

I have the CDMA Doomkernel V2 in the same folder as fastboot so yeah now I'm stumped. Fastboot HATES me for some reason:crying:

Anything else I can try?

chery2k

Jun 13, 2012
Bay Area
Thanks for the help man. I re named it successfully, but now I'm getting another error message -.- go figure...

sending 'boot' (8694 KB)...
FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))
finished. total time: 0.016s

Is your bootloader unlocked? If not you can't install custom kernel.

savage24x

Jul 5, 2011
Thanks for the help man. I re named it successfully, but now I'm getting another error message -.- go figure...

sending 'boot' (8694 KB)...
FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))
finished. total time: 0.016s

Tried different USB cable? Tried different computer? If so, Flash the 2.3.3 ftf file via flashmode and then try the fastboot flashing again. Try it without -i 0x0fce. Mine works without it.

Xperia Player

Aug 1, 2012
Tried different USB cable? Tried different computer? If so, Flash the 2.3.3 ftf file via flashmode and then try the fastboot flashing again. Try it without -i 0x0fce. Mine works without it.

Even without -i 0x0fce is still does not work... I've flashed FXP kernel with this computer and usb cable before....:crying:

Mozza2k11

Apr 21, 2011
Not sure if this helps but i had a similar problem. I used the latest flashtools and when you go to flash (the lightning bolt button) you can go into flash mode or fastboot mode. Click fastboot mode and then connect your phone to the pc in fastboot then click the option "select kernel to flash". Thats how i flashed Doomlords kernel. Flashtools 9.0. Worth a try? But im a newb my self only just unlocked my bootloader and this is how i managed to flash doomlords kernel.

Last edited:

Xperia Player

Aug 1, 2012
Finally got fastboot to work. I did the exact same thing I was doing for an hour and it just now decides to work.... I'm trying to flash GB tweaked and OF COURSE I have yet another problem -.- I cleared data and cache, and ran the GB tweaked nandroid backup via cwm & rebooted. now I'm stuck at the doomkernel screen -.- grrrrr...

Xperia Player

Aug 1, 2012
I think you're right about the USB port thing, mine randomly decided to work after like an hour of typing in the same commands lol. Thank guys yall helped me out but I gotta admit this thread was pretty dumb on my part. Mods can go ahead and delete this, unless of course someone wants to help me find a working wifi module for DoomkernelV2, I found one for V1 no problem. Just a suggestion but not necessary.

Cheers

Last edited:

otonieru

May 7, 2011
Djakarta
I think you're right about the USB port thing, mine randomly decided to work after like an hour of typing in the same commands lol. Thank guys yall helped me out but I gotta admit this thread was pretty dumb on my part. Mods can go ahead and delete this, unless of course someone wants to help me find a working wifi module for DoomkernelV2, I found one for V1 no problem. Just a suggestion but not necessary.

Cheers

If u use GBTweaked v.05 then the wifi modules is pre-loaded...

otonieru

May 7, 2011
Djakarta
Explain, when I downloaded GB tweaked & was running Doomkernel V2 my wifi would continuously scan, connect, and disable. wtf??

this is step that work for me :

-Flash kernel :

fastboot flash boot doom.img

-Erase System & User Data via fastboot :

fastboot erase system

fastboot erase userdata

-Boot to Recovery, Clear Cache & Dalvik Cache

-Restore from Nandroid Backup

-Boot up

-Reboot to Recovery Again, wipe Cache again

-flash Gapps.zip (for working Network Location)

-Boot Up

-Done, everything working well