[UPDATED][MOD] LOTS of Build.prop edits!

Search This thread

LexusBrian400

Mar 22, 2010
UPDATED 9/4​

Ok, so I went through the build.prop tonight and tried a few things out. I figured I'd just post all of my edits for you guys to try and use also. Here goes...

I am listing the changes one by one w/ descriptions, as well as providing all the mods rolled up into a single build.prop which will be posted at the end of these directions. Enjoy :)

To make the phone ring faster when dialing out, I changed

ro.telephony.call_ring.delay=3000

to

ro.telephony.call_ring.delay=1000

Now the phone rings pretty much instantly when dialing out.

To enable better scrolling speed through lists, I changed

windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=55

to

windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=60

Scrolling through the app drawer and contacts and any lists really is now smoother

Now, to save battery by decreasing the amount of time Wifi looks for an access point, I changed

wifi.supplicant_scan_interval = 60

to

wifi.supplicant_scan_interval = 90

Now wifi will scan once every 1.5 minutes when not around a known location instead of once every minute which will save battery.

I also changed the Dalvik VM heap size from

dalvik.vm.heapsize=30m

to

dalvik.vm.heapsize=32m

I remember doing this on my Eris and I was able to run JIT w/ sense enabled (which was a major hassle at the time) So I'm only assuming it will help performance on the X also.

To change LCD Density (How much is displayed on screen) visit my other build.prop mod page

Here -- Droid Life Forum • View topic - [MOD] LCD Density - DIY! - Droid X

And To fix your 2.2 market to display all apps Go

Here -- Droid Life Forum • View topic - [FIX] - 2.2 Market Issues - Show All Apps

Now for everything listed here all rolled up into one single build.prop, download this
http://www.mediafire.com/?25xh9gjwx5meds9

Install using any method of your choice
Method 1 - ADB

1. Download
2. Put the build.prop in your android-sdk\tools folder
3. Connect your phone via usb, make sure it shows up with adb devices
4. adb remount (or whichever way u prefer to mount ur system)
5. adb push build.prop /system/build.prop
6. adb reboot

Method 2 - Root Explorer

1. Copy the build.prop to the root of your SD card
2. Long press on build.prop
3. Select "Copy"
4. Navigate to /system
5. Click R/W in the top right corner
6. Paste, and overwrite
7. Reboot

My results - 1484

snap20100901_031224.png

EDIT: If you do not like or want to use the LCD Density mod, use this build.prop. Everything else is included.
http://www.mediafire.com/?w4860c0fddw4ao2

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATED BUILD.PROP

Ok here are a few updates.

To enable the hard key lights to stay on while the screen is on and not timeout, I changed

ro.mot.buttonlight.timeout=1
to
ro.mot.buttonlight.timeout=0

To make the phone come off of the "black screen" in the middle of, or the end of phone calls when you pull the phone away from your face, I changed

mot.proximity.delay=450
to
mot.proximity.delay=150

The delay is almost no longer NOTICEABLE at all. (It was very annoying to me personally)

*Note - this will not include the lcd density mod, but everything else mentioned on this post included. Thanks guys! Enjoy

UPDATED Build.Prop

Last edited:

benclayton

Jul 23, 2010
Anyone have a stock build.prop? Everything worked fine, I just want a file to fall back on.

byproxy

Apr 29, 2010
not what you're going to want to hear... but my score dropped. my build.prop before only had the market fix and when i ran the test (immediately after reboot) i got 1390. i pasted your build.prop in and rebooted and ran test again (immediately after reboot) and the score dropped to 1304.

not a huge drop but no where near your score and certainly not a gain.

any ideas as to why?

cbaty08

Jun 30, 2009
Santa Clara
not what you're going to want to hear... but my score dropped. my build.prop before only had the market fix and when i ran the test (immediately after reboot) i got 1390. i pasted your build.prop in and rebooted and ran test again (immediately after reboot) and the score dropped to 1304.

not a huge drop but no where near your score and certainly not a gain.

any ideas as to why?

Did you run it multiple times? I am able to get a wide range of scores that are over 100 points in difference each run sometimes....

acidbath5546

Feb 17, 2009
@OP
Good post..nice one.

I was wondering if u messed with some other buil.prop.
Couple other thoughts I had to edit :

#Proximity sensor debounce time
mot.proximity.delay=450
# disable touch below 60 pixels
mot.proximity.distance=60

Seems plausible to edit the delay for quicker response .

This defines the max event window manager can
# handle in 1 s. We may adjust this # for performance
# reason later
# This defines the min duration between two pointer event
ro.min_pointer_dur=10

Messed with this at all?

Last edited:
Reactions: alispeedsport

byproxy

Apr 29, 2010
Did you run it multiple times? I am able to get a wide range of scores that are over 100 points in difference each run sometimes....

ahhh... nope. just once. ran a couple more times and got the following:

1304 (first one mentioned before)

so ya... that's good. lol. should have run it multiple times with the old build prop to see the difference. suppose i still could, but too lazy to load the old file. hehehehe. thanks for the tip!

cbaty08

Jun 30, 2009
Santa Clara
ahhh... nope. just once. ran a couple more times and got the following:

1304 (first one mentioned before)

so ya... that's good. lol. should have run it multiple times with the old build prop to see the difference. suppose i still could, but too lazy to load the old file. hehehehe. thanks for the tip!

No sweat man, enjoy.

cbaty08

Jun 30, 2009
Santa Clara
Good post..nice one.

mot.proximity.delay=450

Seems plausible to edit the delay for quicker response ...?

Seems like we can lower.

# reason later
ro.min_pointer_dur=10

Messed with this at all?

I like the idea of making the sensor quicker to respond.... It isn't as bad as it was on 2.1, but I still think it could be quicker :p

Reactions: sabacity

acidbath5546

Feb 17, 2009
I agree...but im not sure if it will have any adverse effects if changed.
It seems to me that as of right now ..with stock rooted 2.2 it takes about 1-2 seconds for the phone to switch between landscape and.potrait ...like counting out loud One ...Two...it switches as soon as I.say two....same for you?

EDIT :
I edited #Proximity sensor debounce time mot.proximity.delay=450
Took it down to 100....and well I really can't tell if its quicker or not ...it seems it but might be a placebo effect ...hasn't given me any issues ...someone else wanna test that and tell me what they think?

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2009
South Ga.

This is why I dislike quadrant, it's really not a good benchmark tool. Too many factors can influence the score, take the lagfix for some phones, they just replace the file system with the faster ex2, offers little real world difference but because the I/O section of quadrant jumps through the roof then the total score goes much higher than other phones that are actually faster. The paid quadrant is a little better in that it shows how much of the score is from what subsytem or whatever, but the score is too easily influenced by too many factors to be really effective as a benchmark tool. Not to mention it's easy to trick.

Reactions: Cavemanofmo

chazall1

Jun 11, 2010
What App

I placed in the Build.prop edits and what an improvement in speed. What app are you using as illustrated in your post?

Thanks

lilmoney30

Feb 23, 2008
mi
Craziness, I uninstalled adw and the adw theme because I was getting random freezing after this build.prop and now my phone is blazing fast! I don't think the official 2.2 could even touch this! Im just saying, nice work :)

Sent from my DROIDX

lilmoney30

Feb 23, 2008
mi
Craziness, I uninstalled adw and the adw theme because I was getting random freezing after this build.prop and now my phone is blazing fast! I don't think the official 2.2 could even touch this! Im just saying, nice work :)

I've been running my phone now for few hours now since this post and im now getting quadrant scores in the upper 1400's and it is zippy.

Sent from my Droid X

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATED 9/4​

Ok, so I went through the build.prop tonight and tried a few things out. I figured I'd just post all of my edits for you guys to try and use also. Here goes...

I am listing the changes one by one w/ descriptions, as well as providing all the mods rolled up into a single build.prop which will be posted at the end of these directions. Enjoy :)

to

to

Scrolling through the app drawer and contacts and any lists really is now smoother

Now, to save battery by decreasing the amount of time Wifi looks for an access point, I changed

to

Now wifi will scan once every 1.5 minutes when not around a known location instead of once every minute which will save battery.

dalvik.vm.heapsize=30m

to

dalvik.vm.heapsize=32m

I remember doing this on my Eris and I was able to run JIT w/ sense enabled (which was a major hassle at the time) So I'm only assuming it will help performance on the X also.

To change LCD Density (How much is displayed on screen) visit my other build.prop mod page

Here -- Droid Life Forum • View topic - [FIX] - 2.2 Market Issues - Show All Apps

Now for everything listed here all rolled up into one single build.prop, download this

Method 1 - ADB

1. Download
    6. adb reboot

Method 2 - Root Explorer

3. Select "Copy"
    4. Navigate to /system
    6. Paste, and overwrite
    7. Reboot

My results - 1484

snap20100901_031224.png

EDIT: If you do not like or want to use the LCD Density mod, use this build.prop. Everything else is included.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    UPDATED BUILD.PROP

To enable the hard key lights to stay on while the screen is on and not timeout, I changed

to

To make the phone come off of the "black screen" in the middle of, or the end of phone calls when you pull the phone away from your face, I changed

mot.proximity.delay=450
    to
    mot.proximity.delay=150

The delay is almost no longer NOTICEABLE at all. (It was very annoying to me personally)

*Note - this will not include the lcd density mod, but everything else mentioned on this post included. Thanks guys! Enjoy

UPDATED Build.Prop
    @OP
    Good post..nice one.

mot.proximity.delay=450

Seems plausible to edit the delay for quicker response .

# reason later
    ro.min_pointer_dur=10

Messed with this at all?
    Good post..nice one.

mot.proximity.delay=450

Seems plausible to edit the delay for quicker response ...?

Seems like we can lower.

# reason later
    ro.min_pointer_dur=10

Messed with this at all?

I like the idea of making the sensor quicker to respond.... It isn't as bad as it was on 2.1, but I still think it could be quicker :p

This is why I dislike quadrant, it's really not a good benchmark tool. Too many factors can influence the score, take the lagfix for some phones, they just replace the file system with the faster ex2, offers little real world difference but because the I/O section of quadrant jumps through the roof then the total score goes much higher than other phones that are actually faster. The paid quadrant is a little better in that it shows how much of the score is from what subsytem or whatever, but the score is too easily influenced by too many factors to be really effective as a benchmark tool. Not to mention it's easy to trick.
    UPDATED 9/4​

to

to

to

dalvik.vm.heapsize=30m

to

dalvik.vm.heapsize=32m

Method 1 - ADB

1. Download
    6. adb reboot

Method 2 - Root Explorer

3. Select "Copy"
    4. Navigate to /system
    6. Paste, and overwrite
    7. Reboot

My results - 1484

snap20100901_031224.png

UPDATED BUILD.PROP

to

mot.proximity.delay=450
    to
    mot.proximity.delay=150

UPDATED Build.Prop

Set windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec to 1000
    Works perfectly fine!!